+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by MunchiesMummy View Post
    to everyone.

This is a scary thread to post in because you put yourself out there.

Anyway here goes...

I hated the first 6 months of dds life - I wished them away. Some nights dh would come home from night shift and I would run to him, shove dd in his arms and yell 'ffs just take her away from me before I throw her out the window!!'

Of course I never would do that but she was so all consuming and hard that she would not let you put her down, didnt sleep and was just full on, some nights at 10 I still hadn't eaten or had a shower.

I feel intensly guilty about wishing those 6 months away and once I was in a better place and less overwhelmed and depressed about it all I used to lay in bed at night thinking that god or whoever was up there would take her away from me for being such a sh!t parent.

I have also yelled in dds face, loudly in anger and not nice things - pushed her (not hard but enough to get her away from me) and told her to 'get away from me, I dont want to be near you'

I have smacked on 3 occassions in anger - and I said I wouldnt smack.

Wow that all sounds terrible, but I love my dd and would die for her, she is my world and a beautiful, precious, wonderful gift xxx
    If it makes you feel any better, I wished away my boys' first year. I can barely remember it. I look at some photos and can't even remember them being taken etc etc.

I was so consumed by the fact that it was so hard leaving the house, that I was stuck there with two high-needs, non-sleeping children that the only way out was to wish away their first year.

And now I wonder if it's why I feel as though I need a third child- to experience properly a baby's first year..

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

MamaC  (07-04-2011),Missbean  (21-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There is someone with a young child, possibly a baby, in a unit nearby .... not sure if its in the same unit block as me or not but i live in a street full of unit blocks.

Anywho, this child/baby screams and cries quite often....some nights it wakes me and for a moment i think its DD then i realise its not.

A short while ago, not long after I put DD down, I could hear it crying again.
    And then I heard the mother scream

"JUST SHUT UP ALREADY!!"

I will admit (since this thread is about brutal honesty) that if this happened before today and seeeing this thread, I would've judged and thought "oh what a bad mother" (even tho i did similar thing the other night )

Now tho, after confessing my own moment of weakness and reading about all you other wonderful strong mothers, i now just want to give both her and the baby a hug. Too bad I dont know where she lives, i cant even offer her some help or a hug.

And before i was pregnant and while i was pregnant (so about 2 yrs ago-ish) there was someone (whos since moved) in the building opposite ours and they had a newborn and all it did was cry and scream morning noon and night and all i ever thought was "omg shut that baby up! that mother needs to give it a hug and some affection. there is obviously something wrong with it"

*hangs head in shame*

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FloatingFairy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh, you know what, this thread has made me feel like I'm not as crap a mum as I thought I was. So many of you wonderful mums have felt/done similar things to me. Mums who I know are great mums. But maybe not perfect.
    My biggest shame is that I just really don't cope well with the crying/screaming. I honestly understand how shaken baby happens. I do feel angry and frustrated when I can't soothe the crying. And then feel so guilty about not being compassionate toward this tiny helpless baby.
    I think it stems from my DS who screamed for 5 months. Pretty much non stop. Now when my precious tiny DD screams it's like I have a flashback or something and my anxiety levels just skyrocket and I just want it to stop.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kar For This Useful Post:

Doc  (22-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There are so many things in this thread that I can relate to

I had an amazing labour and birth with DD, but when she was born I lost a lot of blood. There was talk of a transfusion, but then they "forgot"! I had epic gastro for days before I went into labour, and I have autoimmune conditions that flared immediately after she was born.

The first few weeks of her life are a blur to me, spent in a sleep deprived, dehydrated, fatigued and agonisingly painful existence. One night after she'd been on the boob for an hour or so, I lay her down to sleep and sunk into the mattress. And I never wanted to get up. Ever. I wanted the mattress to swallow me, or for me to never wake up. And I resented DD for making me feel that way.

This leads me to shameful confession 2: I hate myself for stopping breastfeeding. I stopped so I could take my RA meds, and so DH could help me out with the night feeds. I hate myself. I couldn't even make that sacrifice for my DD. I feel selfish, and there's not a day goes by where I don't loathe myself for not being stronger.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to albear For This Useful Post:

MamaC  (07-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    omg...i could write so many of these posts.....the not dealing with a screaming baby....dp walking in the door and practically throwing dd in his face....standing in the shower crying...absolutley sobbing sometimes...wishing i could go back and not have kids...sometimes the crying, the whinging, the nagging its just sooooo overwhelming....

my biggest guilts...(3 of many) when dd1's dad and i split...oh sometimes i blamed her...a little defenceless totally blameless 2 yr old (at that time)...when he walked out on us i always wondered if we hadnt had her....then maybe....we may have worked out (so glad it didnt now but back them it consumed me...)

when i was pregnant with dd2 i absolutely resented her...the pregnancy was awful....i was sick constantly...kidney infection which almost resulted in kidney failure....and before i was preg with her...we lost a bubba...and when i fell with her...i was mad....stupid i know but i didnt want her...i wanted the baby i lost...it took me the whole 34 weeks i knew i was pg to "want her"...and when she was born...the love i felt for her...instant...but i was terrified she would be born and id feel nothing...

and then to top it off once dd2 was born...she was soooo sick...in the scn....couldnt breathe was changing colours due to lack of blood flow...then got a seveer case of jaundice...and of course i blamed myself...if id wanted her then she wouldnt be sick...

being a mum is tough...so tough...rewarding but sometimes so emotionally draining i dont know where to turn for some relief...

to all you brave mums out there....

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is so comforting to hear other people's posts, I often have feelings that I just am too ashamed to admit because I can't possibly think other mothers could feel that way.

I am useless with kids, my own included. DS is 4 and I cannot seem to entertain him no matter what, I end up frustrated, unable to cope with the mess yet nothing is being played with but I was unable to teach him to play by himself - I don't know how I failed on that.

He pushes my buttons beyond belief. I find myself like a deranged person shouting at a 4yo who just doesn't listen and either cant or wont understand. He doesn't play well with DD (she 1) and as she still puts everything in her mouth I feel like I'm forever telling him to put things away rather than just allowing him to play.

I too had two bad sleepers and remember screaming at them to shut up, being less gentle with them then I should have been. DS was so naughty a few weeks ago that I told him I was leaving that I couldn't put up with being treated like this anymore.

I feel completely and utterly useless, I don't seem to know how to deal with my own children. I try to set the boundaries and stick to them but he pushes me so far that I end up giving in after telling him he's being selfish and difficult and I can't put up with hearing him talk and whinge at me. DD is so clingy still that I just want her to leave me alone - I put a gate across our kitchen a month ago as I needed somewhere that was just for me without worrying who was getting in to what.

I love my children, I really do. But I feel like I constantly fail them and make them miserable and myself at the same time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by *Chels* View Post
    I have no patience whatsoever.I just get sooo angry and scream,and swear and what not.
    Sometimes I can just simply not be bothered anymore,and dream about running away and living a selfish,carefree life(not that I could ever go through with it!)
    Yep, this is me as well... I have such a short fuse and find myself yelling at DD for really insignificant things, especially when she was sleeping really poorly- now I thikn "What is my excuse"

Sometimes I think that I would love to have a time machine and go back to before she was born, but then I think about how much light she brings into my world.

At times I feel like I don't want to have to "Deal" with this child for the rest of my life... Why did I do this, what good is a child.

I'm sure I have some depression issues, but I am too proud/ scared to admit it, and when I have asked for help from my DP/ mum (saying I felt like I wanted to just curl up and die) they both fobbed it off, told me I was being silly and to suck it up. That was almost a year ago, and I haven't done anything about it....

NessaM24 is offline Fred, why don't you go outside and vroom that lawn mower around the yard?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post

On a few occasions when they were awake for hours on end during the night I would lose the plot. Seriously lose the plot. I would scream at them and yes- I will admit it- I was a little bit rough with them. Never anything that would harm them- let me be clear. But actions that weren't stemmed from love, that's for sure. Dumping them in their cots, or changing positions with them in my arms that wasn't exactly loving.
    Thank you for this thread and thank you for summing up the feelings I've felt for the last 6 weeks but couldn't express.. You BH ladies and gents are lifesavers x

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NessaM24 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (19-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naebie View Post
    Yep, this is me as well... I have such a short fuse and find myself yelling at DD for really insignificant things, especially when she was sleeping really poorly- now I thikn "What is my excuse"

Sometimes I think that I would love to have a time machine and go back to before she was born, but then I think about how much light she brings into my world.

At times I feel like I don't want to have to "Deal" with this child for the rest of my life... Why did I do this, what good is a child.

I'm sure I have some depression issues, but I am too proud/ scared to admit it, and when I have asked for help from my DP/ mum (saying I felt like I wanted to just curl up and die) they both fobbed it off, told me I was being silly and to suck it up. That was almost a year ago, and I haven't done anything about it....
    Oh hun,I can sooo relate! If ya ever need to chat or vent or whatever,just PM me

15. The Following User Says Thank You to *Chels* For This Useful Post:

naebie  (18-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This thread is great...
    I feel like a total failure as a mum :'(
    DS1 has totally rejected me... he is 11 and lives with his father. His father and I are divorced (been 4 years now) and since we split up DS1 has rejected me, told an unbelievable amount of lies about me to his father (DS2 and DD tell their dad that DS1 is lying, but their father won't believe them, instead believing the lies )
    DS1 has ADHD and he is very difficult to handle... I have never mistreated him, but I have gotten to breaking point several times where I have had to run to my room to cry.
    He would keep DS2 and DD awake at night singing songs about how much he hated me and how much I suck and how he only loves his Dad - upsetting DS1 and DD terribly.
    His father has repartnered and DS1 now (with his father's approval) calls his step mother Mum and me by my name.
    I hate that there is a part of me that is relieved I no longer have to deal with his behaviour, his need to disrupt and destroy things and his lies anymore.
    I am devastated that he has rejected me like this, it breaks my heart, but there is another part of me (and I hate this part) that thinks "well f... you too! I hope you have a child just like you when you grow up, and I hope they do the same thing to you!" I love him so much, but I find it so hard to even like him right now. :'( I hate that I don't miss him at all now he has refused to come here, and that it feels more like we are a family when he is not here. I also hate that my DH and I are ttc a child together and there is this part of me that thinks "oh well, I'll just have another baby".
    It is good to read everyone's posts here, and to know I'm not the only one with problems and shame, but I swear, I feel like the worst mother out there

Sent from my MB300 using Bubhub

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to saltygirl For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (20-12-2012),Doc  (22-12-2012),MamaC  (07-04-2011),Missbean  (21-12-2012),Shanaynay  (19-03-2011),siennasyummymummyxxx  (20-07-2013)