Motherhood: The Shameful Secrets | Page 48 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Motherhood: The Shameful Secrets

Ok. Confession time. Since having dd2 (7 weeks) I've really struggled with dd1 who turns 3 in just over a month. She was the apple of my eyes, I adored her until dd2 came along. I know it's a big adjustment for her but she is driving me bonkers and I'm really struggling to find that empathy and patience for her. She is ten times more difficult than my beautiful placid baby. She's rude, demanding and refuses to do anything with DH. I've given her all I've got since dd2 was born and all this extra effort has amounted to naught.

Today she is sick. Her whining is just like nails on a blackboard. I have zero sympathy for her. I just want to put her in a bin.

Feeling guilty for feeling this way. I DO love her, but to be honest right now I prefer dd2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Ok. Confession time. Since having dd2 (7 weeks) I've really struggled with dd1 who turns 3 in just over a month. She was the apple of my eyes, I adored her until dd2 came along. I know it's a big adjustment for her but she is driving me bonkers and I'm really struggling to find that empathy and patience for her. She is ten times more difficult than my beautiful placid baby. She's rude, demanding and refuses to do anything with DH. I've given her all I've got since dd2 was born and all this extra effort has amounted to naught.

Today she is sick. Her whining is just like nails on a blackboard. I have zero sympathy for her. I just want to put her in a bin.

Feeling guilty for feeling this way. I DO love her, but to be honest right now I prefer dd2.
    I understand exactly how you feel. Hugs

3. The Following User Says Thank You to meandmyboys82 For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (18-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Motherhood: The Shameful Secrets

Hugs Little Miss Sunshine. I feel the same way about my 3yo DD and I don't have a newborn! She's being so difficult and defiant lately. Tells me to "leave me alone" about 100 times a day, screams at me, fights with her brother, yells at her father etc etc. She can be completely lovely and adorable one minute, screaming banshee the next. So much fun. Sigh.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (18-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Hugs Little Miss Sunshine. I feel the same way about my 3yo DD and I don't have a newborn! She's being so difficult and defiant lately. Tells me to "leave me alone" about 100 times a day, screams at me, fights with her brother, yells at her father etc etc. She can be completely lovely and adorable one minute, screaming banshee the next. So much fun. Sigh.
    Sounds like my ds1 😒