Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing also xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lots of hugs to all!!

Single mummy to a wonderful DS (Born 11/12/2008)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I feel like I have failed. I dont know what to do anymore. How is my child with special needs easier to parent than my 5yr old ever has been? What am I doing wrong

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    I feel like I have failed. I dont know what to do anymore. How is my child with special needs easier to parent than my 5yr old ever has been? What am I doing wrong

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    No answers from me but a big hug.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a bad mum.

My 1 year old is driving me mad. He throws tantrums all the time if I stop him doing something. He often bites and pinches me too. He whines at me constantly and pulls at me to pick him up but once I've picked him up, he won't sit still. He pulls at me, tries to grab stuff, and acts, well, like a 1 year old! I feel like I can't be in the same room as him. He doesn't do that with anyone else.

My friends keep telling me to stop breastfeeding him but I'm not ready.

This morning I ended up yelling and swearing at him to go away. He hurts me and this morning I just lost it.

I feel like crap. I just want to go back to bed and stay there all day. I can't believe I yelled at him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I'm subscribing to this to make me feel better when I need the pick me up.

A little world of empathy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awe, that's terrible!

I'm so happy everything is better now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Salty View Post
    In pretty sure I'm not even half the mother I used to be.

I lose patience easily. I find it difficult to focus on activities with my children. I'd rather take them to a park because then I can have a coffee and sit on my phone while they burn themselves out. I used to love reading to them but now I can't be bothered. I don't care about play doh or dressing up. I just want to curl up in a ball. I'm constantly telling them to "go and play" (they're 18mths and 3). Today I yelled at them to shut up. Three times. They had been fighting, whining, I'd had no sleep and I just lost it. They were terrified. So was I.

They hardly sleep and I don't get a break and I feel so incredibly jealous of other people's calm, napping toddlers that it makes me angry at my own

My marriage is ending and everything I'm feeling seems to be coming through in the way I parent and I can't help it. I'm so worried the babies I've made already hate me.

My 3 year old said to me today 'please stop being angry mummy'. But I don't know how to. I just can't wait to put them to sleep so I can stuff my face and cry.
    Big hugs. I look back as that age being the absolute hardest so far for me. They're now 5 almost 4 and 7m but those first few years where HELL. Can you get a break from them? I worked three days a week and that's what kept me sane.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What a great thread...i feel very comforted.

My shameful secret occurred when ds was nine months old and we were in a mother baby unit where I was being treated for bipolar disorder/ post natal psychosis. I was holding ds and he was crying. All I wanted to do was help him stop, but he was frantic', and soon I started crying too. Dh offered to take him but I refused. I was his mother, I should know what to do. I was sobbing so dh went and got the nurses. They tried to take him from me but I refused and screamed at them to stay away. I held ds tighter and tighter. Then the nurses held me down and ripped ds from my arms. I was frogmarched back to my room and shouted at, told I was being selfish and hurting my baby. I felt like the worst mother in the world, and that ds would be better without me. I lay in bed thinking of suicide, scared to leave my room.

I know I was sick, but I still can't forgive myself. I will never forget how it felt to have my baby ripped from my arms.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patience86 For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (24-11-2013),RipperRita  (21-11-2013)