+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Doing my sons homework this week due to the fact he is constantly overloaded with work and I think he deserves a break for a week just to be a kid after school!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mahjong For This Useful Post:

strawberry swing  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trees - a monster wouldn't carry the guilt and shame you are. Your a normal mum having a rough time who is doing all she can to make it better.

I agree you need to see your doctor ASAP and that's the first step. You will get better and I promise it will get easier.

There are other options for getting a break aswell other than family I think you should think about to help make you feel better, eg 1 day of day care perhaps to let you catch up on sleep and sanity. Not sure of your financial situation but with rebates i think it's affordable particularly for one day. Or perhaps doing a babysitting swap with a friend. Just a couple of ideas.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Trees, I remember once at 3am when my son wouldn't stop screaming, I got this urge to just throw him to the ground. It was such a powerful thought I wasn't even sure if I'd actually done it or not for a second. I just had enough in me to put him in his crib and take myself out for a breather.

Your feelings and frustration are understandable. Many of us have been there. You know that you shouldn't have done it, you've done no harm (this time), and you've taken decisive action. You're not a terrible mummy. Good luck getting the support you need...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    TRees, last night i bought my DD into bed at 3.30am as she woke up and i had a feeling she wouldnt go back to sleep..she never sleeps thru the night and recently we have started bringing her into bed as she will usually go back to sleep...DH got up and went to work...but dd just wouldnt go back to sleep, was sooking and sooking and sooking...now its was after 5am and i was getting the $hits bigtime...i started swearing at her f this f that go to effin sleep...in the end i picked up her rougher than needed and plonked her back into her bed where she feel asleep....i feel bad, i didnt need to swaer like that and didnt need to be rough with her...i felt like utter dirt ..sometimes for some reason it just gets to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Trees please be kinder to yourself. You are doing an amazing Job and only a good mother would identify when they need help.
    Xxx

Yesterday I had to go into the bathroom and shut the door and yell because I was losing it at ds who had been whining all day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ahh this thread has helped me so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just lost it at screamed at my dd. Shes driving me nuts at the moment. Im finding this age so hard (Shes 3 in November)

She seriously doesnt listen to a word i say. No matter what discipline method we use it seems to have no effect, like she doesnt care.

She pushes my buttons like no one atm. Shes constantly doing things again and again that i tell her not to do.

Rant over, i feel so crappy now. At least shes asleep so i get a break.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Today im allowinf myself to not like my DS1. I love him, and will always love him with all my heart. But today I dont like him and don't want to be anywhere near him, I wish there was someone in my family who would come take him away for a couple of days so I can recharge enough to deal with his non stop attitude, tantrums and constant whinging and hurting his little brother.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a great idea this is...
    I constantly feel guilty for my 5yo ds who has autism. When he has a bad night he will scream and carry on and have a full on meltdown... It results in him waking his sister up but thankfully he doesn't wake his baby brother up... Some times I can handle the situation quite well but other times I will scream back or if I'm super tired I will let him get the better of me and I will show him how much he is upsetting me... I know he doesn't understand but its not fair of me to scream back at him and lose my patience with me.
    I also feel quite guilty at the fact that my dd doesn't get the attention she deserves from me right now.
    Lately I just feel so exhausted, trying to keep up with a 14month old and the high demands of my ds - I definitely have my bad days and breakdowns. Most days just feel so hard!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kiara n natyns mummy View Post
    What a great idea this is...
    I constantly feel guilty for my 5yo ds who has autism. When he has a bad night he will scream and carry on and have a full on meltdown... It results in him waking his sister up but thankfully he doesn't wake his baby brother up... Some times I can handle the situation quite well but other times I will scream back or if I'm super tired I will let him get the better of me and I will show him how much he is upsetting me... I know he doesn't understand but its not fair of me to scream back at him and lose my patience with me.
    I also feel quite guilty at the fact that my dd doesn't get the attention she deserves from me right now.
    Lately I just feel so exhausted, trying to keep up with a 14month old and the high demands of my ds - I definitely have my bad days and breakdowns. Most days just feel so hard!
    I could have written this exactly. Me too!