+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 475
  1. #321
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked
    8
    Reviews
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by BrissieGal2013 View Post
    Pippi - I could have written this word by word exactly the same! I am sure there are many that feel the same way.

    I've got a 4 week old DD and I think I should be taking DD1 out of day care (3 days) and even my mother thinks I should be but I dread the thought.
    .
    I'm in exactly the same situation as you guys, DD1 is 19 months and DD2 is 10 weeks old. Boy it gets so hard looking after both of them. DD2 wants to be held the whole time and DD1 just wants my attention. Thank god DD1 goes to daycare three days a week, even though I feel really guilty dropping her off those three days. But the good thing is that she loves going to daycare because I think she gets bored at home.

  2. #322
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    1,548
    Thanks
    323
    Thanked
    713
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inchains View Post
    .
    I'm in exactly the same situation as you guys, DD1 is 19 months and DD2 is 10 weeks old. Boy it gets so hard looking after both of them. DD2 wants to be held the whole time and DD1 just wants my attention. Thank god DD1 goes to daycare three days a week, even though I feel really guilty dropping her off those three days. But the good thing is that she loves going to daycare because I think she gets bored at home.
    I work at daycare and I honestly feel that if they have been going to daycare for awhile it is often better just to leave them in for their same days . Their whole home life has changed with the arrival of the new baby and daycare is the one place where their new baby cant effect their day. If they are happy there then continuing that routine will give them some extra stability. Its never the case for every child but it is for many.

    Even if they have not previously been in care, if they are happy to go then daycare can provide them with something special that is just for them and a little extra routine never hurts either.
    Last edited by Tildy; 02-08-2013 at 19:01.

  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tildy For This Useful Post:

    HugsBunny  (07-08-2013),inchains  (02-08-2013),PurpleButterfly4  (02-08-2013),VicPark  (02-08-2013)

  4. #323
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Brisbane
    Posts
    766
    Thanks
    220
    Thanked
    119
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have 2 healthy boys aged 2 1/2 years old and 10 1/2 months old. It is so freaking hard some days. It honestly feels like I cant make them happy. One of them always seems to be whinging or crying. Somedays I just loose it and yell. I hate myself for doing that. I really do. Sometimes I think what my life would be like if I never had them. I want to have a hobby but I haven't done anything for my myself in a long time, I dont know what I'm interested in.

    They are the apples to my eye. But it feels like the moment my first was born a part of myself was lost. When I catch up with a lifelong friend I have nothing to talk about literally. She is planning holidays and having fun adventures. Whereas the most exciting thing that happened to me this week is DS1 eczema has cleared up.

    Gosh I sound horrible.


    Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  5. #324
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    13,067
    Thanks
    9,846
    Thanked
    12,959
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BrissieGal2013 View Post
    Pippi - I could have written this word by word exactly the same! I am sure there are many that feel the same way.

    I've got a 4 week old DD and I think I should be taking DD1 out of day care (3 days) and even my mother thinks I should be but I dread the thought.
    I'm not even thinking of taking DS out of daycare while I'm on mat leave with Nr 2. I might reduce from 5 to 3 or 4 days but that's it. Guilt free here!

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

    pippi  (02-08-2013),PurpleButterfly4  (02-08-2013)

  7. #325
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sydney, NSW
    Posts
    4,087
    Thanks
    1,466
    Thanked
    1,215
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Starla you don't sound horrible at all!! You sound like an amazing mumma
    I also feel that a part of me died when DD was born ... it's strange isn't it?

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

    starla  (05-08-2013)

  9. #326
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,877
    Thanks
    3,397
    Thanked
    5,160
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I'm not even thinking of taking DS out of daycare while I'm on mat leave with Nr 2. I might reduce from 5 to 3 or 4 days but that's it. Guilt free here!
    Same here.

  10. #327
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,496
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked
    94
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by starla View Post
    I have 2 healthy boys aged 2 1/2 years old and 10 1/2 months old. It is so freaking hard some days. It honestly feels like I cant make them happy. One of them always seems to be whinging or crying. Somedays I just loose it and yell. I hate myself for doing that. I really do. Sometimes I think what my life would be like if I never had them. I want to have a hobby but I haven't done anything for my myself in a long time, I dont know what I'm interested in.

    They are the apples to my eye. But it feels like the moment my first was born a part of myself was lost. When I catch up with a lifelong friend I have nothing to talk about literally. She is planning holidays and having fun adventures. Whereas the most exciting thing that happened to me this week is DS1 eczema has cleared up.

    Gosh I sound horrible.


    Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I have the same problem with any of my friends that don't have kids, telling me of their troubles and exciting adventures. All I have to talk about is poo, sleep deprivation, tantrums and how much I love the Aldi coffee machine my DH brought me when bub was born! My best life long friend doesn't have kids yet but has been TTC for awhile. I listen to her tell me all about how she will have a baby and go back to work part time and work from home and do this and do that...I don't have the heart to tell her how different her reality will be when baby comes along.

    My DD1 LOVES daycare. She asks to go on the days she doesn't and often I have to drag her out of there because she is too busy. Then I feel sad because she prefers to be there rather than with me because I am so grumpy and tired

  11. #328
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,911
    Thanks
    2,090
    Thanked
    2,767
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I feel terrible tonight. We keep our dog food outside in a big tin and yesterday I must have left the lid off. DH comes home tonight and went to feed the dog and found our cat in there. Quite stiff and rather dead.
    Questioned DS1 who happily told me that he put the cat in there and put the lid on. Can't believe I did something that meant my child killed an animal. Complete accident and he wouldn't have understood but I feel terrible for the poor cat.

  12. #329
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    South East QLD
    Posts
    4,034
    Thanks
    3,349
    Thanked
    1,623
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    I feel terrible tonight. We keep our dog food outside in a big tin and yesterday I must have left the lid off. DH comes home tonight and went to feed the dog and found our cat in there. Quite stiff and rather dead.
    Questioned DS1 who happily told me that he put the cat in there and put the lid on. Can't believe I did something that meant my child killed an animal. Complete accident and he wouldn't have understood but I feel terrible for the poor cat.
    Hugs Amy.

    Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

  13. #330
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,666
    Thanks
    1,426
    Thanked
    1,432
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    I feel terrible tonight. We keep our dog food outside in a big tin and yesterday I must have left the lid off. DH comes home tonight and went to feed the dog and found our cat in there. Quite stiff and rather dead.
    Questioned DS1 who happily told me that he put the cat in there and put the lid on. Can't believe I did something that meant my child killed an animal. Complete accident and he wouldn't have understood but I feel terrible for the poor cat.
    Well now I feel like cr@p because my first instinct after reading that - bizarrely - was to laugh! Maybe from surprise? dont know but feel bad.

    I'm so sorry, that must be awful.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Guilty Secrets.
    By babycake in forum General Chat
    Replies: 331
    Last Post: 19-07-2012, 15:56
  2. Secrets...
    By ~Marigold~ in forum Games & fun stuff
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 29-01-2012, 16:11
  3. My shameful confession
    By Shoopuf in forum General Chat
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 09-11-2011, 14:46

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
TPS Health Physiotherapy and Pilates
TPS Health Physiotherapy and Pilates has three clinics located at Morningside, Redlands and Lutwyche. We offer pre and post natal services as well as physiotherapy and Pilates. All clinics offer child minding services so bubs are always welcome!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!