+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Motherhood: The Shameful Secrets

As I said many times before in this thread London , what a great idea this was .

Well alot has changed in my life and my guilt has changed alot to different guilt about different things but yep it never goes away, I guess that's motherhood .

Baby nomad I could have wrote so much of your post . My guilt since Ds's autism diagnosis is just so bad. I can't even look at he's baby pics for gods sakes , I just feel guilt , how did it take me so long to figure out ?

A year wasted from 18 months to now ( 3 in jan ) , umming and aahing with he's therapists , threads galore started by me on here worried bout he's lack of speech . And here we are today . My deepest suspicions were true and I feel very guilty that a whole year of early intervention could have already been done instead of us just starting this journey.

I feel that I am never ever doing enough for him . If I'm not " teaching " him something every minute of the day I feel like I'm not doing enough .

And the guilt to my daughter who misses out on so very much that sure she may not know about but * I * know . She has not gotten the best if me that my son got .

Seriously . I have two beautiful healthy children that I'm not even enjoying these days because I'm just too busy feeling guilty about everything .

And pippi Ill always love bubhub but yes it's harder to be truthful on here these days I feel . Not sure why I just am more reluctant . Maybe alot of people are gone , things have changed abit . Its still an amazing place I just don't always come here for support like I once did for fear of judgement .

All you other posters that added to this recently , good on you . I hope it was cathartic. I hope you realise your not alone . Many many parents have or do feel just like you .

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heeeeerekittykitty For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (21-12-2012),Pregnor  (21-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I have to resurrect your thread London it's one of those threads that sticks.

I feel so terrible sometimes as a mother and think I'm doing such a crap job. Like today when I got angry because DD was crying and crying because she wanted to sleep but just wouldn't sleep no matter what I did, so I left the room in frustration and came back to a sleeping baby My heart just ripped in half! I know it sounds so stupid but its not to me I feel horrid How can I get so mad or frustrated is the better word with a baby!!!! I just don't get why if your tired you don't sleep why they cry instead. I think sometimes they rather not have all the fuss hence when I left she slept maybe she just wants to put her self to sleep without me in her face:/ !

This thread reminds me of how I am only human and all mothers have their moments!

Off to read it again thanks London!!!!!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hugs LoCo

I see me having to post in this thread again before the year is up. I know I am going to face alot of challenges having a newborn again after soo many years of having an older child....ONE older child. My DS just went to his friends for a sleepover at his friends and I feel relieved to have him out the house for a day/night, even though he is going to his dads tomorrow for 4 days. I feel guilty about being happy about an extra 'night off' but at the same time I cant help but feel that relief. I feel even more guilty because Im pregnant so people would be like "well if you are happy about a 'night off' why are you having another baby??".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Motherhood: The Shameful Secrets

If you need time off, i'll babysit mini-london for a night! Even if they are a feral non-sleeper

**Mum, Dad, Big boy (Dec 08) and Baby girl (Feb 11)**
    Last edited by Pregnor; 15-01-2013 at 19:09.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pregnor View Post
    If you need time off, i'll babysit mini-london for a night! Even if they are a feral non-sleeper

**Mum, Dad, Big boy (Dec 08) and Baby girl (Feb 11)**
    Haha naww thank you

Thanks
    Reviews

Awwww I thought I'd come back to another 200 posts.

Ill have to wait for your post London at the end of the year. I am sure you won't be back though come on you've done it all before you won't crack.

Thanks
    Reviews

This thread really needs to be a sticky!! It helped me so much in the past and I've though about reading it again but could never remember the name of it.
    Last edited by shhhsleeping; 15-01-2013 at 22:54.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by shhhsleeping View Post
    This thread really needs to be a sticky!! It helped me so much in the past and I've though about reading it again buy could never remember the name of it.
    I totally totally AGREE !!!! It was a mission digging it back up let me tell you. I didn't want to hassle London shed think I was a weirdo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    I totally totally AGREE !!!! It was a mission digging it back up let me tell you. I didn't want to hassle London shed think I was a weirdo!
    Lol dont be silly. I dont mind people messaging me Ive had it in my subscribed threads since I made it....good to check on every now and then.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Lol dont be silly. I dont mind people messaging me Ive had it in my subscribed threads since I made it....good to check on every now and then.
    Ok London here goes don't run but I looked through your threads and I could not find this thread haha I had to google and messaging you was coming up next.

I have been thinking about this thread for awhile. It neeeeeds to be a sticky !!!!