+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Jadeelyon sorry you feel that way. Have you been to see anyone about it?

Sent from iPhone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dr's don't want me on meds while preggers, and they want me to give it 2 weeks postpartum before I go see a psych or whatever to give any pnd a chance to 'develop' before organizing a course of treatment

I'm finding the easiest way to deal with DD lately is to treat her as if she isn't mine... As if I get to hand her back to her real parent at the end of the day (quite often I do... She's daddy's little girl, so if I have a super bad day, she's his "problem" when he's home)..

I realize treating her like I'm just a babysitter may not be the best way to be a mother, but I find I don't get as angry with her if I think about it that way. And I would much rather she be fed and cuddled and played with than being yelled at and hit.

Sometimes I feel like I never bonded with her, but others, I can't imagine her not being here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really do feel for you, and i would share my story but like most the ladies on here i have people watching my every move on here....

I think i would have felt the same, you never want to hear those words come out of your child's mouth especially at that age!.

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for this thread.

I no longer feel like a monster

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenhorn View Post
    Thank you for this thread.

I no longer feel like a monster

Thanks
    Reviews
    ourbradybunch: It's not your fault the IVF didn't work and it's certainly not your fault that the kids hurt themselves. Accidents happen, no matter how vigilent we are

laurea: You have been through so so much You are a strong and courageous woman!

jadeelyon: It sounds like you are going through a really rough time. I think it's important to get through this time the best way you can. Make sure your daughter is safe when you are angry and please make sure YOU are safe as well. I used to find putting the girls into their room and then sitting in the car with the radio on for a few minutes was a good way to just breathe and simmer down. You can also call Parent Line on 1300 1300 52 ANY time. It is available 24/7

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaC For This Useful Post:

laurea  (25-02-2012)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Just re-read alot of this thread and wanted to thank everyone once again for sharing their stories and helping eachother feel like normal people instead of horrible parents

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I was thinking of this thread the other day.

My son has been sick and been waking so many times in the night. Poor thing. He also just wanted to be carried everywhere and all I wanted to do was do a poo in peace. I gave my son a big Easter egg to get 5 minutes of me time - in the toilet, but still

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I was thinking of this thread the other day.

My son has been sick and been waking so many times in the night. Poor thing. He also just wanted to be carried everywhere and all I wanted to do was do a poo in peace. I gave my son a big Easter egg to get 5 minutes of me time - in the toilet, but still
    Now you've got me twice in 10 minutes. I snorted at your post before I even looked at who the poster was.

DH is looking at me like I'm some sort of cyber freak. Snorting at my iPhone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bboys View Post
    Now you've got me twice in 10 minutes. I snorted at your post before I even looked at who the poster was.

DH is looking at me like I'm some sort of cyber freak. Snorting at my iPhone.
    Haha! Glad I've made you laugh!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

2Bboys  (16-04-2012)