+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know this is an old old thread, but today I really need it, I feel like my son deserves a mum so much better than me basically because I don’t know if I feel bad for working fulltime and having DS in day-care, there are days when I am home alone with him and I think I just couldn’t cope having him home every single day, and the guilt of that eats me up. Why wouldn’t I want to spend time with my child? I SHOULD want to be at home with him, he SHOULD be at home with his mum, not at day-care 7 hours a day. And he is SUCH a good boy, I love him more than I thought I could love, he truly lights up my life but I don’t want to spend time with him??? That doesn’t even make sense to me!

I hate myself for thinking it, it eats me up inside nearly every day!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Stumbleine No words of mine will help how you feel, but hugs to you.

Uh-Oh I often get this feeling towards my DS. I honestly think as parents you get the feeling that you are 'supposed' to want to do things with your children all the time...and often thats just not the case. I dont enjoy 'playing' with my DS....its just not something that interests me. I love him to death but I cant be bothered 'playing' with him. Have the highest respect for those parents that enjoy doing such things, but for me, its just not there.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

laurea  (24-02-2012),MuminMind  (24-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Stumbeline & The Fox - what awful and frightening experiences. I'm glad that both of your precious children are ok. Be easy on yourselves, we are all taught to trust the medical profession implicitly, without question, there is no fault or blame to lay at your feet for what you and your little ones have been through. You both advocated for your children and they are here today and happy and healthy because you did

Uh-Oh & London - I don't really get the "playing" either. I will participate in their tea parties and whatever else, but I'm not really enjoying it while I'm doing it. I'm usually thinking about all of the housework I should be getting done.

And for me - I'm struggling. I love my job and am gradually finding the work/family balance. But we've just recently discovered that my youngest has some issues and I just don't know how to cope with it. I'm not a smacker, but I got so fed up with the constant "no" and the constant fight to get her to do anything at all co-operative that I yelled at her and smacked her
    I try so hard to be patient, understanding and gentle about all of our requests of her, but I am so fed up with it. Why can't she just say yes? Where has my lovely little girl gone? Where is that beautiful child? Because right now all I see are the overwhelming sensory issues and a complete lack of cooperation Why does she have these issues? Is it my fault?

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    MamaC, you have been MIA in the main parts of the the forum and you have been missed very very much. Often wonder how your doing with the new job and everything.
    Hugs hun. Im sorry to hear your struggling. It is not your fault. Just remember that, and allow yourself to not carry the burden of misplaced and un-needed guilt. You are a lovely and amazing mother and human

Here anytime you need to vent, talk, catch up

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

bellalika  (31-10-2011),MamaC  (31-10-2011)

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    MamaC, you have been MIA in the main parts of the the forum and you have been missed very very much. Often wonder how your doing with the new job and everything.
    Hugs hun. Im sorry to hear your struggling. It is not your fault. Just remember that, and allow yourself to not carry the burden of misplaced and un-needed guilt. You are a lovely and amazing mother and human

Here anytime you need to vent, talk, catch up
    I was wondering where you went to also. Big cyber hugs for you. I hope you know that I'm here for you if you need me. Just like you have been for me.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bellalika For This Useful Post:

MamaC  (31-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry to hear you are struggling Mamac. I struggle with connors willfulness everyday. Sometimes it takes every ounce of strength to not smack him, and my gosh have I turned into a yeller, poor little guy looked so shocked the other night siting in his tutu surrounded by 5kg of dog biscuits

*hugs*

Are you taking her to see someone?

**Mum, Dad, Big boy (Dec 08) and Baby girl (Feb 11)**

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pregnor For This Useful Post:

MamaC  (31-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    And it is not your fault, you're such a fantastic mum!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pregnor For This Useful Post:

MamaC  (31-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shucks, thanks Gals I really appreciate the support I've so missed you all! How's the preps for the xmas party coming along?
    Pregnor, we're in the thick of it now. OT and Speech are already in place and Paed. assessment this week. I can't help but feel like I caused these issues with my PND and logically I know how unlikely it is, but the thought is still persistently there Thanks goodness (that's you London) for this thread!

Thanks
    Reviews
    See, you are getting her help = great mummy!

It's not because of pnd, or because of all the fair trade organic cheeseburgers, it's just who she is!

I haven't started yet, its too hard to start threads on my phone!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pregnor For This Useful Post:

MamaC  (03-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    BUMP
    It's so important to know that there are so many of us out there that understand and there is love and support here

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaC For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (24-02-2012)