+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post
    After I had my second baby, I completely rejected DD1 I am so ashamed of how I felt. It has taken a lot of time and energy to rebuild that bond. The best advice anyone gave me during that awful time was "When you want to push them away, that's when they need you to draw them closer to you" and I truly understand how difficult that is. But I faked it until I made it and it helped both of us.
    I know your DS1 is hard work right now and it's so hard to be with him when he's being so outwardly aggressive, but now is the time to draw him in under that soft wing of yours, you will feel better for doing it too eventually. Give yourself and your son time... the bond will return
    PM me if you ever want to vent.
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one.. My relationship with DD1 has been so hard after DD2 I'm scared what's going to happen this next time...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shinebrite View Post
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one.. My relationship with DD1 has been so hard after DD2 I'm scared what's going to happen this next time...

I feel scared too when we eventually have another one. But I feel that I know what it was that made me push her away and I will never allow those issues to rule my life ever again. As I said before, I draw my eldest one in closer to me if I ever feel that distance again.

Take it moment by moment
    Last edited by MamaC; 15-04-2011 at 10:44. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Reviews
    This the the worst thing I have ever done and I need to admit it to someone knowing I will not be judged.

I bit my 3 month old on the leg To this day I don't know if it was an accident or if I did it on purpose. It was 2am, I was at the end of my tether, I'd been trying to get her to sleep for hours, I wanted to scream and I grabbed something and just bit really hard, in my mind I thought it was the blanket, it was my baby girls leg in a cotton coverall. I have never been more ashamed of myself as a mother. She started screaming and she had a mouth shaped bruise for over a week. It snapped me right out of it and I just held her crying for the rest of the night. I couldn't believe I failed so much that I bit a baby.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Emsmum85 View Post
    This the the worst thing I have ever done and I need to admit it to someone knowing I will not be judged.

I bit my 3 month old on the leg To this day I don't know if it was an accident or if I did it on purpose. It was 2am, I was at the end of my tether, I'd been trying to get her to sleep for hours, I wanted to scream and I grabbed something and just bit really hard, in my mind I thought it was the blanket, it was my baby girls leg in a cotton coverall. I have never been more ashamed of myself as a mother. She started screaming and she had a mouth shaped bruise for over a week. It snapped me right out of it and I just held her crying for the rest of the night. I couldn't believe I failed so much that I bit a baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    when he was about 2 months old i was giving him a bath, he wasn't crying or anything but i remember thinking "now i know why some people drown their babies" and thought how easy it would be to just hold him under.. It was the strangest thing i've ever felt, it was like something else was taking over my mind, like it wasn't me!
    My mum said to me one time that when my sister was a young baby she often thought of drowning her (her dad cheated on my mum continually and so for the first year-ish of my sisters life, mum was a single mum and just sometimes couldnt cope.

Quote Originally Posted by Emsmum85 View Post

Awww

Sometimes when I accidentally hurt DD, I wonder if we are subconsciously hurting them on purpose...Like I would NEVER ever want to hurt my baby or cause her harm EVER! But sometimes I do accidentally hurt her and often in times of frustration, I've wondered if, on a subconscious level, did I mean to do that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Brood Mare, I cut the tips of all my three kids fingers off with baby nail clippers... not much of the finger, and not all the fingers, but enough to make a few of them bleed. I felt terrible and cried for ages... you would have thought I would learn after the first one... but noooo

Sent from my MB300 using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saltygirl View Post
    Brood Mare, I cut the tips of all my three kids fingers off with baby nail clippers... not much of the finger, and not all the fingers, but enough to make a few of them bleed. I felt terrible and cried for ages... you would have thought I would learn after the first one... but noooo

Sent from my MB300 using Bubhub

It makes you feel horrible doesn't it
    It's silly that they make 'baby' clippers but you shouldn't really use them for that very reason. Silly..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it just me that noticed, that we've all admitted something that at one time or another another bubhub member has posted a topic about and the person got judged yet we're here pouring our hearts out and we've received nothing but sympathy, empathy and support?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emsmum85 For This Useful Post:

MamaC  (17-04-2011),PuppyGuts  (18-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't want to be a 'viewer' and not post- so I wanted to say thank you to every one who was honest and posted here.
    I'm not NOT posting because I am perfect, but because i cant relive my 'bad mummy moments' by writing them down.
    I've had some shockers, and wanted to show you all support and solidarity lol
    I hope by acknowledging the things I regret in the past I am being a 'better' mum now. Another thing that helps is I've made it out the other side if thee and a half years of fighting my DS1 with every aspect of sleep.
    Thank you for this thread x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thank you for this thread. Today my 3 month old has spent most of the day watching his mummy cry, and scream and shout at his daddy. It's been an awful day and he really doesn't deserve that. I was screaming at hubby to F off and bub was just sitting quietly in his swing with a confused scared look on his face. Later I was feeding him and bawling my eyes out and he smiled up at me - I just felt so guilty. My mum has always been horribly depressed and my parents always argued in front of me and I don't want my son to live in that sort of environment.