+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD1 attends abc. she started at one at 18mths and when we moved house this year we enrolled her at another abc centre as we were so pleased with them.
    She is 3.5 and will stay at abc till she starts school in 2013.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    My DS has just moved to an ABC, was in another before hand.
    The ABC is fantastic. Wonderful enthusiastic carers, they supply good tasty and healthy food. They actually love the kids and the kids love them back! It's wonderful.

They even tell me about behavioural changes. On monday afternoon they were telling me he was great all day but quite clingy, so they even picked up that he wasn't 100%

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ownership of ABC has of course changed and is now run by not for profits. I spoke to the director of one about the changes since tbe ownership change snd she told me things had changed significantly for the better re pressures over expenditure etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I started back at work I used family daycare. My two children would cry when I dropped them off and be crying when I'd pick them up, they would come home with dirty nappies and my oldest just kept saying she didn't want to go back. I put them into out local ABC centre and they absolutely love it. Staff are great with them and always tell me how the kids day has been. There always seems to be enough staff, but I guess every centre is different.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default ABC Cheltenham

Great timing, I am heading to the ABC in Cheltenham today to check it out for my almost 1 year old daughter. She has never been babysat and I am putting her into care temporarily as I have to have an operation(womens problem) in April. I am hoping she will only need to go to 7-10 days. I have to admit when a childcare centre has vacancies in the under 2's it ring alarm bells. I have found a couple in the area do have vacancies so this might just be the situation at the moment.

I have older children who previously went to family day care and daycare many years ago. I have also done family day care myself. I was hoping someone on here might had experience with this centre. From my past experiences I think council run childcare centres are the best. Family daycare can be great or NQR dependant on the carer and number of children in their care. I will let you know how I go today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atizmum View Post
    I have heard negative feedback but never a real reason why, i need to know why people don't like them before i decided not to send DD there. And surely theres atleast one person who found them ok right?
    Abc were fantastic. I loved the center the staff and the stimulating activities for the children.

The fees are slightly higher than sone centers, but IMO it's well worth it, your paying for Childs early education.

The only reason we left was because I had put in a request to change days due to work and none of the other parents working or not would swap days, rather than fight it we gave two weeks notice and sent him to a smaller center.

That was my biggest mistake.. The center is smaller, cheaper, and cr@ppy, the center he is at now has under qualified staff and I'll mannored director who has a mouth of a sailor.

We tried to get him back to abc now I'm not working but there is no vacancy :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to look at 2 different abc centres, and i can say that initially i was impressed with the whole set up etc, it looked GREAT.. but the first one i went to, i went to the room where my dd would be in, and 1 of the teachers couldn't have been more rude.. she looked as if what she was doing with the kids at the little table, was the most painful experience for her.. she couldn't even crack a smile and when i heard how she was talking to the kids, i had my mind made up...

second one i went to see, pretty much identical in outlay etc, but was FILTHY... omg, and to top it off, as soon as i walked in, right across the hallway there was a puddle and everyone kept on stepping over it... not impressed. it was a no no for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The ABC centre were horrendous when they were a franchise. They are all pretty much privately owned now.

I thought the same and freaked at the idea of sending children there.

HOWEVER.....

It has been by far the BEST daycare yet. The kids ask all week to go. The ladies are lovely and it's a NON PROFIT centre which I believe is best. (I have used both).

They do so much more with the children then other centers I have been too. I honestly couldn't recommend mine enough.