+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default ABC child care centres

I have heard negative feedback but never a real reason why, i need to know why people don't like them before i decided not to send DD there. And surely theres atleast one person who found them ok right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've heard horror stories of one untrained staff member being left in charge of a group of 20 x 3 year olds, she was a fairly new trainee at the time, and it wasn't uncommon practice. I worked with her.
    My old boss was an ex-ABC centre director, she moved to our centre, and honestly... she was lovely, but a shocking director.

My DF works for a company contracted to them, and honestly, I'd rather leave my almost 3 year old unsupervised for an hour or two than leave him there You're welcome to PM me for more info on the breeches I've heard about

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i checked one out when i looked for a centre for ds. All the staff looked jaded, not paying attention to the kids. The staff left the babies room with 8 babies unattended to find me paper work. The children were dirty and had not had their pants put back on after nappy changes. It also seemed really dirty and soul less

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son attends an ABC Centre and I have never had any complaint about the number of carers to children, he is fed very well, his learning in many areas is beyond alot of other children of the same age and most importantly he absolutely loves going there.

My only complaint is that they don't do regular developmental reports like other centres do. I think that they are quire pricey but I live in in a regional city so everything is expensive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I put my son in one of there centres and had nothing but trouble with them .They wouldnt give him his meds on time .some times they didnt give it to him at all but signed the paper work saying they did left him in dirty nappies all the time he cant talk very well so couldnt ask for a drink so went with out a drink alot was there for 6 hours twice a week so long time with out a drink .they left him sitting out side once and all round just wouldnt do any thing i asked and when i started complaining they started lyeing saying he was biting them and other kids but could never show me any proof and said i was being rude to them when ever i spoke to them told there headoffice i wouldnt pay my bill which was a lie i was always 2 weeks ahead after all there lies they kicked my son out with no real reason you may wonder how i knew they didnt do the right things and they lied is because i had a freind of a friend who worked there and would tell me .So if i was you i would stay away from them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I waited 8 months to get my girls into one here, so thought it must be good with no one wanting to leave. They have been there almost 6 months now and we have never had a problem. The babies room always has 3 to 4 staff with not very many babies in there. All of them always have clean faces and nappies and DD's clothes are changed a few times a day with food stains on them, or just because of a weather change. Everytime there is a weather change here in Melbourne, their used clothes in their bags always show that they have been changed for the weather. DD is always really well fed too. The same staff have been there the whole time. I drop off and pick up DD2 at odd times and it has always been the same great mood.

DD in the toddler room has been great, but recently their room leader has moved to the kindy room and there seem to be about 4 extras who are training. The director has also changed as she is on mat leave. It seems to be all smooth sailing, but I am not sure about the toddler room with DD1. Her attitude has changed to be less enthusiastic about going anymore, and I have walked in to see her upset and the young trainees sitting around not helping and no senior staff able to help. I am a little sad and hope this is temporary because it was really fantastic up until now.

I guess all childcare centres can be good or bad. It is about who is running them and working there, their programs etc. This can all also change even when you have found a good one, so you should always be aware of how the "mood" is with the other children in the room and if the staff seem bright-eyed and happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD is in an ABC centre. Ive never had any issues with them. There is always plenty of staff around. DD is in the pre-school class, they moved her up because DD kept asking to go there cause the kindy room was boring for her. She loves her "teachers" and they have a drink cooler that the kids always have access to.

She loves it there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I did work experience at an abc and it was a fantastic centre it all depends on each centre- whether a centre is abc or another company they can always have bad staff etc

9. The Following User Says Thank You to EmPowering For This Useful Post:

Izy  (16-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    As with most "chain" places you will find each one very different. I I am a hild cared and generally only like small, independent centers ( my child attends on day a week) but there is one abc here that has a fantastic director and I would def send my dd there!!!

As with anything, depends on staff, director, etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All centres are different but I would e curious about how strict they are with their policies. I done my placement in an abc centre and the staff ratio was ridiculously short, the workers were in my opinion abusive and I had to put in a formal complaint on my first day.