+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Have I miscarried?

Hi,

I would really love someone's opinion on some problems that I am having.

I stopped taking the Pill in December 10 after my husband and I decided that we wanted to start a family. I have been regular for the past 3 months with my period except after my last cycle in February.

Five days after it had finished I felt period pains one night and woke up with no signs of bleeding the next day. Midday I felt a strange sensation and when I used the bathroom there was dark brown blood. This lasted for about 12 hours before it stopped and I assumed that it was just old blood that hadn't made it's way out during my period.

After this "brown blood" episode I began feeling a bit off. I had minor nausea, felt extremely fatigued and became very emotional. My husband asked that I take a urine pregnancy test just to see if this had anything to do with pregnancy and when I took the test it came back positive (this was exactly 1 week after my last period) which I thought was weird as there was no abnormalities in my period at all. I proceeded with 2 more tests which also came back positive. At this point I decided to see my doctor to confirm whether I really was pregnant. He gave me a referral to have an ultrasound done to detect how far along I could be.

Exactly 2 weeks after my last period I woke up in the morning and noticed that I was bleeding (very light at this time) which I became concerned about. I decided to call the imaging place and booked in for an ultrasound that day. The bleeding became heavier leading up to the ultrasound almost as if it was a period. The ultrasound technician told me that she could not detect any signs of pregnancy (both on a normal ultrasound and an internal) however she said it may be due to it being far to early.
    I then proceeded to see my doctor with the ultrasound results and he told me that everything appeared normal and healthy however it was too early to confirm what was happening at this time however wanted me to have a blood test taken.

I took the blood test 2 days ago and my doctor could only tell me that it is too early at this point of time to confirm whether I was pregnant or not. He has now asked for me to take another blood test which I am doing tomorrow morning.

I am still experiencing bleeding however I have come to conclude that it is just like a period. I am having the same symptoms as a normal period and it is now beginning to slow down which is normal for me around the 4 day mark.

I know that this is just a matter of waiting and seeing what happens but I would really like someone's opinion on what they think might be happening. This period or bleeding has begun 12 days early than I was due for my next period which is very strange because I have never been early since I begun having them and obviously I really want to have a baby but I'm concerned that something has happened and this may very well be a miscarriage.

This is my first time "pregnant" so I am unsure if this is normal for a woman to experience before she really does become pregnant.

Do you suspect that this may be a miscarriage or do you think that I am worrying for nothing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Usually the bleeding associated with losing a pregnancy is heavy and painful - lots of cramping and much heavier then a normal period, can also be very 'clotty' and just different to a normal bleed - lots of women experience bleeding in pregnancy due to many different reasons -most are not threatening to the pregnancy at all. If your Dr said everything looks OK for this stage then trust him and relax for now. You wont know anything for sure till a repeat BT shows levels either going up or down or till they can detect a sac/HB on ultrasound. Just out of curiosity, how many days past ovulation are you and what were you hcg levels at your blood test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was never told by my doctor what my HCG levels were in my first blood test. All he told me was that it was too early to tell at this point (whatever that means!) and asked that I got another blood test done by the end of this week so I had a blood test done this morning and now I have to wait until Monday for the results. He was very subtle about it which my DH believes is because he wants more clear results before he tells me what is happening. I can kind of understand why he is waiting but I hate not knowing! I guess that is just a part of pregnancy though so I better get used to it now regardless of whether I am actually pregnant yet or not.

I've never actually calculated my ovulation so I have no idea when I last ovulated. When I stopped taking the pill we just decided to see what happened before I looked into calculating my ovulation dates.

I definitely haven't felt any severe cramping if any at all during what I suspect has been AF and as usual today being the 5th day it has pretty much stopped. I haven't had any big clotting either just very small ones here and there about the size of the tip of a match stick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    This thread was started one year ago

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    This thread was started one year ago
    the android app only shows you the day n month started in unread threads,

no year which is frustrating

Sent from my T3020 using BubHub