+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Which Dr @ North Shore Private?

Hi all,

I'm pretty much decided on North Shore Private and I want to choose one of the Obstetricians there that participates in my health fund's Access Gap cover thingy. This narrows me down to 4 OBs, as follows:-
    • Dr Rodney Baber
    • Dr Stewart Boyce
    • Dr Alastair Morris
    • Dr Sean Seeho
    Can any of you share any of your experiences in relation to these gentlemen?

Thanks in advance,

Rosie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on your pregnancy Rosie!

Dr Baber is my ob. Not sure about the access Gap Cover but I didn't think that he did participate but could be mistaken. Our first baby was delivered by him in the middle of 2010 and his fee's have increased by $1000 in the 8 months since. Out of pocket will have increased by $1200 since then.

Dr Baber is polite, professional, perfunctory. His appointments pretty much always run to time as he tends to spend just a brief time with each patient. Our experience has been that his receptionist can be extremely unpleasant. He is very calm in his approach.

Good luck with your decision, it's such a tricky decision to make without meeting each one first hand to see who best you seem to gel with.
    They book out quickly so be sure to book one ASAP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for the reply - I really appreciate it.

Maybe my health fund's site is not up-to-date - I guess it would be better to check with the Drs themselves rather than rely on that!!

Have heard similar things from others re: the receptionist...

I think I'll have to make some calls on Monday!

Thanks again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pommiepeach View Post
    Thanks so much for the reply - I really appreciate it.

Maybe my health fund's site is not up-to-date - I guess it would be better to check with the Drs themselves rather than rely on that!!

Have heard similar things from others re: the receptionist...

I think I'll have to make some calls on Monday!

Thanks again.
    Hello again,

I've since checked on my Health Fund's Access Gap listing and he now appears on ours also so maybe, he is offering it since he increased his fees? Every little bit helps so fingers crossed that that is the case!

Good Luck with the decision making. NSP is a lovely hospital so you should be very comfortable there.

Be sure to post back when you find out re; Access Gap Cover!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Rodney Baber not worth it

I know its an old thread but in case somebody is wondering

I had my two babies at NSPH it was an amazing experience, love the midwifes! they are the best
    With my first baby I was with Chris Hunter, he was going to be out of town for my due date so he left me with Rodney Baber. My labor was very long because my baby was posterior but on all those 16 hours he didn´t check on me once, he said I was probably exagerating. when the baby was almost out I heard the midwife yellig at him saying it was time. When he came up I had my baby in my arms and very disapointed on him.

Save your money and go straight with Dr Michael Van der Griend, he is fantastic, great staff, so caring! After my second baby ( the one he delivered) I got sick overseas and he answered all my questions over the phone and helped me all the way

6. The Following User Says Thank You to fernanda For This Useful Post:

EJP  (30-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on your new baby Fernanda!

For different reasons from yours, we chose to move on from Dr Baber to Michael van de Griend as well. So different. We've had two children with Rod Baber as our obstetrician. Cost wise Michael van de Griend is I believe slightly more expensive than Rod Baber. His PA/receptionist/midwife is wonderful and immediately puts you at ease. She is so warm and approachable.