+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluky79 View Post
    our son is a beautiful, placid little boy who loves his food (little piggy), he put on just under 1kg and grew 2 1/2 cm in just two weeks.

Clucky - I thought my little man was a piggy, he feeds every 2 hours and eats a tonne. I cant keep up with him and have tried to push his feeds out to 3 hours but he knows what he wants.. I cant wait for the next midwife visit to see how many Kgs he has put on.

Heres hoping all goes well with your Dr visit and that your little one is all ok

Michelle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Michelle,
    I know what two hourly feeds feel like lol although I'm very lucky he only wakes once during the night and the again at around 7am but during the day oh my lol
    He also doesn't like to sleep much in his cot so when Dh isn't home the baby bojourn (sp??) is my savior lol

I'm just making the lactation cookies now in hope that I can build more of a supply so I can express more so DH can do more of the feeds at the moment when we run out of express milk we give him some formula.

When's your next nurse visit, I bet your little man has put on heaps too.

I'm not looking forward to seeing the doc about the tongue tie but my sister will come with me if DH can't make it Feww, I think there will be more tears from me than him if they have to snip it.

Regards
    Amie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Amie

Your not alone with the not liking the cot thing.. Logan sleeps solely in his basinette, makes it easier for me to wheel him around the house. He stays in the living room in the day and sleeps beside me at night. I must say that I do not like the thought of having to walk into another room at 2am and 4am in these cold nights we are having lately. Im such a sook, but we dont have the luxury of ducted heating

I too am formula supplementing.. I am not getting much supply either not with him guzzling it like he does. I worry that he is not getting the right nutrients, my husband keeps telling me he will be fine.. first time mother worries I guess.

My next nurse visit is this Wednesday - I believe they are a laction nurse as well. I just hate how some nurses try to make you feel guilty for formula feeding.. but we will see how it all goes!!

Let me know how you go at the doctor.. fingers crossed for you

Michelle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Michelle,
    What hospi did you have Logan at?
    I had Ethan at St John of god berwick and found out last week that I get a lot of services for free eg lactation consultant and baby massage class.
    The city of Casey also have consultants just ask your nurse. I was worried that I wasn't supplying enough to Ethan as well but I suppose the prof is in the pudding lol.
    I didn't tell my MCHN on our second visit that we were doing formula top ups because on our first visit she made me feel real bad for giving him formula, so now I tell her the bare minimum when it comes to feeds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Amie
    I had my screaming little monster at Casey, and they were fantastic. They also have lactation nurses onsite for free as well, they are the nurses that are visiting on Wednesday, but I am unsure of the other services they provide. I didnt really ask or get told, or if I did, I wasnt listening LOL

I also didnt tell my MCHN about the formula but I might have to mention it this time as I dont want to look the liar if they can tell he is formula feed.
    We started formula the day I came out of hospital last Sunday because he was screaming the house down at 2am and I had had a rough night at the hospital on the Saturday night with the same behaviour. I was that exhausted that I was crying and my poor hubby was saying he couldnt feed him (obviously cause I was BFing) so poor Darren had to drive up to the 24 hour medical centre up next door to Casey Hospital to buy some formula - since then, we havent had an all nighter, so we figured that the poor little munchkin wasnt getting enough milk.. FORMULA IT IS!!! but these MCHN's are not keen on formula and I really dont want the 3rd degree about how good breast milk is.. blah blah blahhhh I dont take being lectured all that well... hahahahaha..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Don't stress about formula. My MCHN couldn't give a toss what I used as long as bub was fed. My son was on it from day one as top ups in special care and when I saw the nurse she said 'i will support you whichever way you decide to go'. She organised a LC for me and she told me it was totally fine to give up pumping (major attachment and supply issues) and that was at 5 weeks. This really shocked me as I had heard how pro BFing they all are, but this was not my experience at all so I guess it depends on the MCHN. Mine was also pro cosleeping which they are not supposed to be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the laction cansultant out at my house today and I told her what we were doing. She didnt seem to care either, said as long as he is putting on weight and is still on the breastmilk it shouldnt make a difference to their development.. HAPPY AS!!!! However, I have been told to change formulas..

michelle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Michelle,
    Just wondering what formula she suggested, I have asked but my MHCN said to ask the LC and the LC didn't give me a proper answer.

I went to mothers group today and really enjoyed myself ooppss gotta go little ones crying

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Amie
    Well i was giving S26 newborn and she said that it wasnt the best as it was hard to digest. She recommended Karicare 1 Newbaby.. and if you want a suggestion, they are selling it at $17 a tin at chemist warehouse at the mo

yes I am cheap !!!!! but I like to save where I can...

Oh im glad you have a good time at mothers group, you obviously got a good group. I am hoping I get a good one too.. Where do you go for yours??

Mich x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much Michelle,
    We started EJ on the S26 newborn then switched to S26 reflux he was really windy and the reflux stopped him from chucking but then he was all backed up for a week then I switched to novolac constipation that seems to work cause now his forever pooping lol but then I worry his pooping too much lol it's a bad cycle oh well trial and error I suppose

I'm at Rossymond for MCHN and mothers group it's a really nice and modern centre, I've also heard their good for kinder so I'm going to pop his name down there.
    Have you received your invite yet for mothers group?