+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Arnica Cream

Hello hello!

Just wondering if anyone knows if Arnica Cream (I've got the Brauer brand) is ok for topical use during pregnancy??

I've been researching natural remedies for haemorrhoids (damn things are a pain in the butt, pardon the pun!!), and I read that Arnica Cream is supposed to be good as it helps to reduce swelling/inflammation etc and its also good for varicose veins, so I went and bought some, then silly me realised I didn't check to see if its ok to use in pregnancy and I'm finding mixed information on the internet.

I'm thinking that given I'll be using it topically and not taking it internally that it should be ok, but just wondering if anyone has had any experience with it??

Thanks!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump!! Anyone??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I just saw your post – not sure if you have an answer yet? I have been wandering myself as it seems one of those things that some people recommend and others say not to take. (Although I think that taking the tablets is very different from the dream applied topically). It is supposed to be excellent post labour!
    The Brauer brand Arnica cream has an extremely low percentage of Arnica in it so if it were me I'd probably just use it!
    If in doubt I'd ask the help of a naturopath or homeopath (or even asking a shop assistant at a good quality health food/natural remedy store, as they may have some training in this area).
    Doctors in this country can be a bit funny about natural remedies but its only because they have no training in using them, so they just advise caution or against it completely.
    Sorry can't be much more help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I ended up using it - only a small amount & only for a couple of days, but it definitely helped!! Great stuff!! And it is the Brauer brand I was using.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I asked just that at the chemist last week. The pharmacist said in over 200 years of women using it in pregnancy there had been no adverse affects.
    So I'd say go ahead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a HUGE Arnica advocate..... I'm 33 weeks and I'm using the cream on my stomach for the bruising feeling of round ligament pain. I'm also using it on my hands in the mornings as they are swollen and my joints are sore when I wake up.

AND I'm going to be taking the pills for a week prior to my c-section and immediately afterwards too, to promote healing. I'm also going to be taking a few other homeopathic remedies for the healing but I won't go into detail here!

Give it a go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by KAnn; 27-03-2012 at 05:54.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm sure it is totally fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep Arnica is completely safe for pregnancy. I love Fisocream. It's completely natural with only 4 ingredients and it's completely ok for pregnancy.