+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Metformin is horid stuff, I went from 1 tab to 2 tabs and then has horrible diarreah so now I'm back to one tablet a day

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm on 2 tablets a day and feel fine but then that makes me worried that my body is not responding to it. When you don't get side effects from a drug, you worry and if you do get nasty side effects then you worry lol. It's vicious cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    On 1 500mg a day atm... Feeling ok so far.. Not looking forward to 4 a day! Eeep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

Just thought I would drop in and let you know a bit about me and hopefully help you girls out,

Ive been TTC for 2yrs, me PCOS, Hubby fine

You name it we tried it, clomid, injectables, IUI, got refered to an IVF doctor and trying more drugs, anyway to cut a very long story short, I had Ovarian drilling done on the 15th Sept, started my period on the 26th, I O'd for the 1st time ever and withour any drugs on the 10th Oct, and 2 weeks later got a BFP, Ive had my 1st scan and everything is looking well for 4+weeks, next scan on the 14th Nov, Anyway please consider Ovarian drilling, it has even stopped most of PCOS symptoms......

Feel free to ask any questions

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Petra83 For This Useful Post:

familyplanner961  (31-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Petra83 did your doc suggest this. Or did you ask? I am on 4th clomid cycle at the moment and had heard of a few people getting pregnant after having the procedure. Not sure whether to mention it to my doc though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My doctor suggested it, but I would ask your doctor, we went through 2 years of all them drugs, if you can do without would be great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. I'll mention it at my next appointment.
    With regards to metformin, does anyone else get horrible painful stomach cramps? I'm talking the kind that make you double over?? It's not all the time and it's very unpredictable. I just don't want to ignore something more serious thinking it's a side effect of the medication.

Thanks
    Reviews
    KellyMac I don't, but i have often had gastro issues in the past that do that to me- along with sweats. I was expecting that with the metformin, with all the talk of gastro side effects but haven't had anything to write home about yet...

Thinking about upping my dose today instead of Thursday cos im going so well, but not sure if this is tempting fate?? Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies! I've been AWOL (again!) for a week... I've got some reading to catch up on!
    I hope you're all having a good month! Lots of for you all!

angelnathan - How are you going with the metformin this month? I read back on your post about side effects - mine are pretty yucko...! It doesn't matter what I eat, shortly after, it needs to leave! TMI!
    I work with children in care, and need to do home visits all the time - it's gotten to the point that I can't have lunch if I know I'm going to a carers house in the next couple of hours...!
    I found that avoiding cream based foods/sauces, and white bread/pasta helps a little... I have found that brown bread salad sandwiches and salads (fruit or vege) are the friendliest to me! hehe
    I hope you're doing better on it this month!!

Petra83 - Ovarian drilling?? Thanks for the tip... I might do some reading on it! I'm willing to try anything at this point!!

KellyMac - I haven't had painful cramps as such, but metformin has really affected me bowel-wise, and when I have a 'movement', it's not gentle shall we say! TMI! It doubles me over in pain, and I need to 'go' instantly!! I hope you're having a better month, and the pain has either subsided, or you got some answers!

1xbabyplease - where are you cycle buddy? How are you going?? for you!

AFM... Well, today was a crapola day! FS (and remember the 's' is selective in my world currently!) rang today with my CD21 bloods....
    This month was my month on 200mg... and it seems it was a stinking failure....!
    My prog. levels on clomid so far have been 2 and 4 on 50mg, 8 on 100mg, and 12 and 17 on 150mg... But this month on 200mg, I got 2.4!!
    How does that even work? Has anyone ever had a drop on an increased dosage month?

FS was less than helpful.... This was my 'last chance' month with him before he wants to refer me on (discussed previously, I won't bore you again with the details!) so I was quite upset when he told me, and when he couldn't really explain it. I cried at work, always fun!

FS won't treat me while I wait nearly three months for the new FS (who hopefully knows what he's doing more than this guy) so I guess I'm on my own until the end of january. I've tried chinese medicine and accupuncture, but going to give an iridologist/herbalist a go while I wait, so I don't feel like I'm doing absolutely nothing for three months...! Anyone had any ovulation luck with natural therapies and PCOS?

Anywho... On to hopefully bigger and better things!!

Wishing all you lovely ladies a positive month, and lots and lots of BFP's!!!

miggins is offline ‘There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart, pursue those’
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I've been missing in action too for a bit whilst recovering, but I'm back! I'll have to read back and catch up, but I hope you're all doing well.

AFM, kicked of a new cycle of FSH injections last Thursday. FS has had a little trouble seeing things as clearly in the scans since the D&C, because things internally are still swollen bloated and some inflammation still settling down but he's happy for us to cycle again.

We go back tomorrow for another scan, hoping for a big juicy follie, so FX we can do the trigger tomorrow, then have a busy weekend! IYKWIM