Having a break

BFP!!!!!

Lissa081
    Windupbird

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to pop up in and say hi - had my seven week scan last week and everything was great - have my first OB appointment today, so am excited to see the little bub again

Lissa - huge congratulations on your twins!!!

Lakshmi - congrats! So good to have a Clomid success story, hasn't been one in awhile.

Ellymoe - I would really second everything that Ladydee said. I was one of those people whose lining was completely thinned out by Clomid and this was only picked up on the third Clomid cycle when I insisted on getting an ultrasound. And, it was really through the encouragement of the lovely ladies on this forum that got me to insist on having the ultrasound in the first place (my gyno wasn't doing much monitoring besides the day 21 progesterone). Good luck with Clomid!

Toffy - I was diagnosed with PCOS and had been tracking my cycles before we started TTC so I knew I wasn't ovulating every month. I went to a gyno before we actually started trying and got a plan in place.

Sammy - good luck with your injection cycle!! I haven't been around the 'blood thinners' chat lately, but I'm sure I'll see you in there soon.

Zammy - hope you're well, hun. Thinking of you and wishing you

Ladydee - Huge fingers crossed for you this month I really hope the injections haven't been too rough so far and that you'll be announcing your bfp very soon

Hello to everyone else and lots of all around.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Windupbird For This Useful Post:

Lakshmi  (19-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toffy9 - I agree with Lakshmi and Windupbird, get started now. When I finally got referral to FS he was very happy that I was already on Metformin and gave me prescription for provera and clomid at the first appt, whereas I'm sure he would have delayed if I hadn't already been taking (I was referred to an endocrinologist first up). If you haven't had a recent scan, see if your Dr can send you for one before any FS appt as in the space of a year my condition had changed (I had severe endo as well as PCOS) and it will again prevent delays if FS doesn't have to send you for scans etc. Good luck!

Windupbird - I am going to call FS's office today and see if I can get referral for ultra-sound and bt, Dr isn't even doing the day 21 test! I'm not used to being a psuhy person but this is one situation I think I need it. I think FS has his heart set on IVF and do0esn't care about anything else, but as it will be coming out of my pocket I would like to try clomid first! Wish me luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ALL!!
    WOW.. Firstly I need a good sit down to read all the posts i've missed...
    CONGRATS TO ALL BFP's...

Toffy - I'm with everyone else.. seek suport and prof help now. They'll want to do bloods, scans etc.. and that all takes time. The quicker you are onto the tests etc.. the quicker you can have a BFP! Also, a tip from a friend - if you go down the natropath path then don't mix the natural medicine with any other (clomid etc..) ... sometimes they can cancel one-another!

Lissa - TWINS! WOAH! Double the fun.. well done.

Ellymoe - i"m on my 2nd round of clomid too.. I ovulated last month but apparently it was around day 10-12 and totally missed it So this month i'm not taking any chances - i'm doing ovulation tests, temp and of course loads of bedroom fun Good Luck babe.. keep me posted!

To all not mentioned here - doesn't mean I'm not thinking of you.. I'm eagerly awaiting news... and still reading posts.. xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lissa – W O W!!!!!! Awww yay yay yay!!!! I totally got instant happy tears for you, that’s just sooo lovely! Enjoy every second of your bubs, you worked SO hard to get them. Can’t wait to hear if they’re boys or girls...make sure you pop in to let us know how your going!

Sammy- I went back several posts but couldn’t find your post about it....are you doing FSH for IUI or IVF??? I’m sure I remember you posting about it. That’s so good how they can still save wasting a cycle by upping your dose on these injections huh?! Do you know what range your blood test result should be? And what is the blood test....progesterone is it? What cycle day do you go for your first U/S...or does it depend on your blood result? Yay! That would be awesome to BFP at the same time!....actually it would be great to BFP full-stop! Ahhh....I’m SO past ready for it to FINALLY happen, it’s just ridiculous! Agreed? Did you FB Baileysmum & Happywife? How are they??? Sending you lots of cyber-luck for your follies to grow grow GROW!

Zoem & Zammy -

Toffy – Welcome! I agree with everyone, I’d get the ball rolling now. Even if your Dr doesn’t think you need to start fertility drugs right away, they might start you on Metformin or book you in for an U/S or even just order some more blood tests to see if you are actually O’ing or not. Your definitely not alone so, feel free to vent all your feelings and ask any questions on here, BH has been sooo informative and therapeutic for me, I really don’t know how I’d have coped so-far without it. I even tell my DH bits of info and others experience that I’ve read on here so that through me, he realizes we’re not alone in going through all this TTC cr#p either. I mean, who else in your life (apart from your DH) would truly understand (and not judge you one bit) for the jealous, frustrated feeling you get when one after another, EVERYONE around you goes and gets pregnant with nothing but a bit of a rumble under the sheets?!

Windupbird – Hey mumma-bird! Yay for updates! That must’ve been sooo special seeing your bubs heartbeat for the first time!!! How was your DH? Stoked I bet. Told any family/friends yet? How was it?? Any M/S? Hope not! With all the hassle you put up with getting to this point, you totally deserve a sick-free, perfect pregnancy. You wouldn’t believe how much of a sook I was with my very first injection! Me, who sticks needles in other poor people all day long!!! I had the injection pen in my hand (looks just like a diabetic pen) and secured a roll of tummy skin in my other...and damned if I could stick the thing in! I kept going to just do it, then chicken out at the last second! Pffft, what a sook! I asked my DH to do it for me but he was no help and quietly disappeared to the other end of the house ( he, who goes pale and clammy with a blood test and probably tells himself that his wife is in customer service or something so that he can sleep at night!) lol. Anyway, I’m in the swing of it all now so, no sweat. Keep us updated and yes please, keep those fingers tightly crossed for me so I can join you in the BFP’s!

Ellymoe- You’ll get tougher as you go, you’ll see. Your right, it’s your body and your $ ($$$$) so smile sweetly and...get demanding! I hope with all my might you never have to experience it but, yes, it does suck finding out you didn’t grow a dominant follicle from Clomid but, I still think it’s slightly better than thinking you did O and DTD like crazy that cycle and getting your hopes up....only to get a BFN and wonder what in the world you possibly did wrong?!

AFM- CD9. Jabbing, jabbing, jabbing....blood test tomorrow morning before work to see if I am growing a dominant follie or not. I was pretty certain that I wasn’t going to O for my last 3 clomid cycles even before finding out for sure through U/S’s as they were so different from the one that I did O but, I can’t really tell this time around......bit of EWCM (a little thick tho), a few little random stomach pains but, still nothing like my first clomid/ovulating cycle so, who knows?! Wish me luck!

Love_Monkey_Heart is offline Blessed with a very cheeky Monkey!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Lissa!! How awesome!!! I'm so excited for you

Toffy - Welcome to the thread hun. The women in here are great and each one is doing something different from another so it's a great learning experience too. It's up to you really how long you wait. Some Dr's will ask you try for 12 months before seeking help where others are willing to help straight away. How severe is your PCOS? Temp checking is a good way to check to see if you are ovulating..... that's my problem as I don't seem to ovulate. You may be able to ask your Dr to do some additional blood tests for you throughout your cycle as well to see what's happening with your body. Lakshmi mentioned that pcos women generally go on metformin but this is not always the case. Metformin is normally used if they determine you have an insulin resistance. Actually most of the women who have come through this thread have not been on metformin.... and I've been here since the beginning lol. We haven't told any that we are TTC either so I know how you feel and I'm the same with Hubby. He tries but they never really understand.

Windupbird - It's like being a part of mini Cliques isn't it. The Pcos clique, the blood thinners clique

Ellymoe - You definitely need to be pushy and request at least the day 21 test. Maybe you Dr is just looking at the $$ and that's why he is suggesting IVF. Clomid or FSH injections are definitely much easier on the bank balance.

Ladydee - We are doing FSH injections with timed Bding. So depending on how my bt and u/s go they will tell me when to do a trigger shot and then we start Bding. Hopefully it works as I would like to take the least invasive way possible. But hey in the end you just have to do which ever works right? I'm pretty sure they are checking your progesterone levels but I'm not sure what range they need to be. My first u/s was based on my bt results. I think I did that about CD12 so that was about a week after I started the injections. Baileysmum and Happywife are both going really well. I think they are both around 35 weeks now!! Good luck with your cycle. Keep me updated!!

AFM: Well I'm still jabbing and I go back on Thursday for another u/s to see what's going on in there. Hopefully something is progressing for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did I miss Lissa's news! Congratulations! Now THAT's a good two for one deal

Well ladies, I made the call and should hear back from FS tomoz. Zoem you are right, getting excited for no reason sucks, I was so excited last month when O seemed to be happening (maybe just in my head) and now I wonder if I had any reason to be, or do this month . Sammy yeah, right now I am feeling like a big dollar sign to my FS at the moment. Let's see what reason he gives if he says no to bt and u/s

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaps girls.
    That's great. I'm going to call my doc today and to make an appt. You're right - need to get things started. I know I'm only 28 but if I want my 4 or 5 kiddies (in a perfect world) I need to hurry everything up if it could take a while for things to happen.

The natropath gave me something to help 'clean me up' but I will definately keep in mind that the medical stuff and natropath stuff might not work well together. At least I can follow the natropaths diet though (no bread ).

I was reading a book the other day and the author kept mentioning how 'the baby gods suck' Well at the moment they do, but hopefully they turn around for us all. You're right ladydee - it seems like people all around you can get pregnant by looking at a baby. And i've noticed that since we have been ttc, everyone around us keeps mentioning us having kids etc etc. I tell you - I had better have a boy otherwise DH's nonna is not going to be happy!! lol

Hope you all have a great easter break - and hopefully we hear some baby news very soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blood test was done this arvo, have u/s booked in the morning. Let's see if my lady bits are doing what they are meant to be!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo, yay for 5 days off!!!!

Toffy - I was 29 when I started my TTC journey and here I am at 31 still at it so....definitely agree it's never to early to start looking into things. Let us know how you go

Elly - How did it all go with your bt & u/s?? Good for you for being so pro-active about getting your BFP ASAP. What cycle day are you at? Good luck that this cycle is THE one for you!!!

Sammy - How did you go with your u/s? Any progress???

Cazigurl - Are you still about hun? Miss your cheerful "Cazi"-self!

AFM - CD 12 today. Had a CD 9 bt which came back as 209. The nurse said that the result “was fine, but it’s still really early days yet” which I’m a bit sus that might be code for...”yea, the FSH is doing squat-all at the moment”. But anyway, they kept me on the same low dose of 37.5/day for now and I go for another bt on Sat so....fingers-crossed that there has been some progress!

to all you ladies!!!!