+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pilbarablossom View Post
    So I'm finding it VERY difficult to be able to go out and not drink without everyone asking questions! I don't want to tell them were TTC incase we have problems doing so.

How do you ladies get away with it?

I guess I'm also at a disadvantage, living in the North of WA where the lifestyle revolves around drinking!
    Pilbara - Yeah, I hear where your coming from! It was tricky with me also at first as I was definitely a social drinker so, for me to suddenly stop was pretty unbelievable to my friends. I'm a Pathology Blood Collector (Phlebotomist) so, I started by using that as an excuse and saying that I had to work the next day and drinking would make me shake a little with the needle so then I would sit on one drink for most of the night and my DH would take one for the team and drink some of it when noone was looking. Going out to dinner with a glass of wine worked the same with me just lifting the glass to my mouth every now and then and not actually drinking any of it (would usually order a ginger-beer or lemonade as a second drink). If DH had a beer, he would "taste" some of my wine and really take a couple of big gulps....kind-of amusing for me to see him get tears in his eyes afterwards . If we were going to a friends house for a dinner and drinks or to a BBQ or something....I suddenly proclaimed that I had become a bit of a beer drinker and drank about 4/5 beers throughout the night, when actually.....my DH had again stepped-up (geez lifes tough for these men of ours!) and had drunk four or five beers the week or two before the event and had kept the beer-caps in good condition as he took them off and had then cleaned and steralized the bottles and caps with boiling water making sure the labels stayed on and then the day of the event...I would actually be drinking apple-juice and lemonade mixed together - yumm! I did that one quite a few times....but yea, "on antibiotics", "on a health-kick", "your turn being designated-driver for your DH", "bit hung-over from the night before" works pretty well also. I was TTC for a year and a half so, everyone just got used to me not being much of a drinker after a while and it was no longer a biggie. Good-luck!

Elly - Ah, I now see where your mom was coming from and, I guess it's a valid point for thought but yeah, I think I'd probably make the same decision as you guys. All the best with your OHSS, hope it gives you some peace nice and soon so your can get around to enjoying your MS.....just kidding, just kidding!....get around to enjoying being pregnant What "they" say about not getting hungry and about grazing throughout the day is not an old-wives-tale....it does actually work
    Congratulations again! xo
    Last edited by Ladydee; 25-09-2011 at 10:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I thought I would introduce myself here. I was diagnosed with PCOS during the week at my first appointment with a gyno. His put me on 1000mg of Metformin a day and I have a script for Clomid as well. The Metformin has given me some horrible symptoms, I am waiting patiently for them to end. My AF is due this week, if I doesn't come I have a script for Provera too.

I'm a very excited about being a step closer to conceiving, but its a bit scary too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pilbara- I use to live in teh pilbara for the last few years until earlier this year, so i definately know the boozy culture you are referring to. I had a friend who had the ssame probably and she used a combo of the health kick and the sneeky pretend drink Ladydee mentioned. She would 'only be having a couple' due to the health kick, and would drink 'vodka' and lemonade. She would bring this tiny bottle of vodka that had water in it and make herslef her own drinks- or her dh would. Worked well. Because the bottle was so tiny no one tried to scab any off her

Welcome blackduck. I hear metformin gives horrible gastrointestinal symptoms for the first few weeks. I hope you get through it and see some results

AFM- im still in the TWW. Bloods on Wednesday. Have loads of cramping the last week, so I am actually wondering if I might get my period on my own?? That would be a first! Definately don't feel pregnant and am sure its going to be a BFN for me, but I shall wait and see.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies I'm not a big drinker anyway, but its basically expected that you'll have a few drinks when you go out. I managed well last night, I had a bottle of Matso's Ginger Beer (its only 3.5% anyway) and drank the tiniest sips, then my wonderful fiancee bought a second one to put in front of me, so i always had a full one when it was next round. Then we went back to a friends place and i had Vodka and Lemonade - minus the vodka. Just have to keep up the act I suppose.

1xbabyplease: Good luck....you never know what those blood results will show.

BlackDuck: Welcome and Good luck! Lets hope AF arrives so you can start your cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pilbara - being a nurse, maybe you can help me. My ohss is making me huge, as in 4 and a half months pregnant huge, and I don't want anyone to know about ttc until my 12 week scan. Any ailments I can claim I have besides ohss which I could use as an excuse for looking like this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im a surgical nurse so dont know too much about ohss. I guess you could just claim that youre really bloated... That you hadnt been drinking enough water and got really blocked up and distended? And wear lose clothing.

Otherwise just say its the effect of a medication youre on at the moment but its makes you feel really ugly and you would rather not talk about it?
    Thats all i can think if...sorry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That should do The effect of a medication that is
    I haven't seen any off my friends since I popped out but they aren't blind

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best of luck! Once you get to the 12 week mark and they find out the truth, they will be so excited for you that they'll have forgotten about the lame excuses!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! I go AWOL for a week or so, and come back to lots of BFP's!! yay!!
    a HUGE congratulations to Miggins, Ellymoe and Littlejoeyg!!
    Wonderful news ladies, wishing you all the best wishes in the world for safe pregnancies, and healthy bubs!!

Mylittlefamily - I have been on metformin for four months, and Clomid for two months... I DID experience weight loss as a result of the metformin, but not a huge amount... Mind you, (TMI warning!) I have had ridiculous side effects with not being able to keep ANY food from going VERY quickly south, so that is probably a helper with the weight loss!

blackduck - Welcome!! Hope your stay with us is short and sweet and you get your BFP soon! Good luck with the medication, there are lots of people who DO experience the side effects (me being one of them!) but the degree they will suffer from them is individually based and will vary person to person... I hope you don't suffer from any!!

AFM... I am CD15 with no signs of O so far... Second month clomid, first month on double dosage. Hating it this month, and having ridiculous side effects again. Very emotional this month, and really hoping I do O this time.... Just not looking forward (as none of us are) to having to start all over again next month, yet again.
    I'm very lucky in that I have two very special friends who have been through TTC battles of their own, but also have two very inconsiderate friends who don't seem to care what hubby and I are going through, but feel that their insignificant problems need my undivided attention.
    Have had a long chat with hubby, and have decided I need to sit down and chat with the inconsiderate friends, and tell them I need some space. All they are doing is upsetting me, which can't be good for me at the moment.

REALLY struggling with the whole scheduled BD'ing this month.... Nothing really romantic about it is there??

Anywho, hope all you other ladies are having positive months, and that the precedent set by Ellymoe, Miggins and Littlejoeyg will rub off on everyone! hehe
    Lots of to all!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bluefiretail- I also had bad side effects on Clomid- was REALLY emotional for the days I was on the tablets plus a few afterwards! Good luck talking to your inconsiderate friends. I hope they are able to understand what you are going through.

AFM- I am down in the dumps today. I caved and took a HPT this morning and it was negative (12DPO) I know its only my first IUI cycle, but after the failed clomid cycles, it is starting to get me down. I also had the joy of attending yet another baby shower yesterday which hasn't helped. Three of my friends all had their bumps on display and then there is the nursery viewing and the constant baby talk. I feel like I only have two more shots at this with IUI, then they say its unlikely to happen. I don't think I can do IVF because I am very allergic to anaesethic and the last time I had it I went into cardiac arrest. Sorry about the vent, I know may of you ladies have been through a lot worse.