+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Miggins & Littlejoey - I've just found out that in spite of my lack of symptoms, gonal - f has started to work a little too well. I was told after my blood test my levels were meant to be 1000 or 2000, mine are 5500 . I was told to come in for a u/s today and I have 20+ follies which were growing very fast and most around the same size! My dosage has been reduced and I am to have another b/t and u/s on Sat. I've also been told to drink lots of water and that I am a candidate for hyperstimulation which I want to avoid! I've been jabbing by myself, no where near as bad as I thought it was going to be

miggins is offline ‘There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart, pursue those’
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no ellymoe! I hope it settles down for you. What dose were you put on originally? And what now?

[Sent from my iPhone]

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Thanks for the empathy on the injections. I feel a lot better hearing that some of you have had similar experiences. I thought I was doing something wrong. I have been injecting under my belly button about an inch to left and right- alternating days and spots.

Ellymoe- Thanks for your advice. I was told after I burst that capillary that I should sit and 'let it all hang out' before injecting, so I have a good fat roll to inject into- less chance of hitting capillaries. I had been standing before that.
    What dose are you injecting of the Gonal F?

Mrs JD- good luck with your ultrasound

Miggins- Ive never used the pessaries, but I asked my friend who has, and she said that if they are inserted rectally its a lot less messier, otherwise you need to wear a pad with them- so I would imagine DTD would be a bit awkward. Sorry thats all I know.

AFM- I am CD 9 (7 days of injections) and had bloods this morning. Results of Estrogen have gone from 154 on CD 7 to 244 CD9 today. I am injecting Gonal F 12.5. I know I have to get to about 1000 per follicle, so I am feeling like I'm a mile away and maybe the injections won't get me to ovulate, but the rationale side of me realises its a very low dose, and I am using a 'long and slow' method to prevent OHSS, which my FS says I am at high risk for. Next bloods on Sat. Feeling like a pin cushion!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 1xbabyplease For This Useful Post:

miggins  (02-09-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miggins - I've just started pessaries as well and finding them uncomfortable more then anything; but something I need to get use to. I don't find them messy but have been wearing a pantyliner just in case. Very exciting that you're O'ing again - crossed this is the one for you!!!

Littlejoey - good luck with the needles - it get's easier as you go along and thank you for your kind words.

AFM - Had some spotting over the past few days and freaked out a little; had a BT which showed pregnancy is fine and hormones right up 'above the black line' - spotting is from low progesterone levels; hence the pessaries. Do the first scan next Wednesday and so nervous/excited/worried all mixed together. Starting to get my morning sickness in the evening - not enjoying that part (neither does DH)!! DH does support the increased breast size however!!

Take care everyone, and stay strong and positive - it does really happen, even though when I was going through it I didn't believe it would happen to me and now here I am 42 days!!

and hugs to all!!! xxx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs JD For This Useful Post:

miggins  (02-09-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thought i would wait until I had some news before I put another post up. The results are in for DH's swimmers test and he passed with flying colours!!!!

One less thing to worry about. AFM I am set to start progesterone to bring AF to the party and then on to my first round of clomid. If it works then DH's mighty swimmers will be there and ready to catch that eggy!!

Belated congrats to all the lovely ladies that have recently gotten their BFPs and when it comes to the needles, I hope I don't have to go through that. Sounds very painful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miggins & 1xbaby - I was on 162.5 originally, and now down to 112.5. 1xbaby I am high risk too, soooo don't want anything like that to mess with this cycle! I have scan and bloods tomorrow. What dose are you 2 on?

miggins is offline ‘There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart, pursue those’
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ellymoe, I started straight out on 75iu and am still on the same dose. I've read of other women starting on only 12.5! So to me your dose sounded high to start with especially for your first try on it and if they think you're at risk of ohss?? I would think if they thought this, then they would start off a bit more cautiously with the dose, but I guess they know what they're doing. Are you doing an IUI cycle?

[Sent from my iPhone]
    Last edited by miggins; 03-09-2011 at 09:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ellymoe- Im one of the suprising ones that Miggins mentioned who is only on 12.5iu. My FS said that i was at such a high risk of OHSS that he wanted to do a 'long and slow' approach where i step up gradually so they only get 1 to 2 mature follicles- otherwise I will be cancelled. I am CD 11 today but haven't stepped up yet... maybe Monday depending on bloods today. I was told that the normal starting dose for gonal f is 75 IU- but I dont know about IVF. It was my understanding that they want you to be overstimulated to get lots of eggs in IVF- but not to the point of OHSS. I hope you dont end up with OHSS- very painful i've heard. I hope it settles down and you don't get cancelled. We all invest so much in these cycles so its devastating when things don't go to plan. Thinking of you. Let us know how bloods and scan goes today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miggins - no, unfortunately I am doing my very first IVF cycle

B/t and u/s pretty much showed that my follies are ready to go, I have egg pick up on Wednesday and my dose has been further reduced to 25. I have another u/s and b/t on Mon (I really am sick of getting blood taken!) and I am yet to be told when they want my trigger shot to be done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahh, that would explain the higher dosage, they want lots of eggies to collect

Blood tests suck, in fact the whole fertility process leaves you feeling a bit like a factory not a woman anymore, with all the poking, prodding, drugs, chemicals, fluids in/out. And DH had the nerve to suggest to me that I was turning him into a 'stud' for breeding, simply because I suggested he take some menevit (which he told me he would over a month ago, but still hasn't)!!! He does nothing to himself, has no poking and prodding, nothing! Just gets to have s3x, then complains about this too, and having it "scheduled"!! OMG! harden the F up!

Sorry, for turning this into a rant, just came out once I started writing, think I'll put the rest in my diary

[Sent from my iPhone]