+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 110 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks babyhopes1. I wish you all the best as well. It really is a helpless feeling not being able to control your body.

Someone once said to me "I believe in Darwin's theory of evolution. If you can't fall pregnant on your own than it's not meant to be." That person did not know about my troubles with TTC and everyone is entitled to an opinion so here is mine: DARWIN IS A **** that clearly never had any trouble having kids. Please excuse my language everyone.

But like you said Babyhopes1, we must all stay positive. I argue that new technologies for helping people along the journey is just us evolving with technology.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ellymoe- They have issues with these treatments for the reasons Familyplanner961 stated. I swear I have heard the exact same quote! If it comes up in conversation i hear from friends that it is not natural, and that it is evolutions way of weeding out the reproductively weak. Aparently we are breeding a race of the reproductively challenged. I have heard some horrible, horrible comments about children conceived through ivf (which is our next step after injectibles)- that are definately misconceptions but also make me feel that I need to hide our treatment so that our future child is not looked at differently. Its really sad that people have these views, and it has certainly made me look at some of my friends differently lately. I have no problem with the treatments we are using- in fact I am so grateful to have them available. As you said its easy to be judgemental when they have not had any problems themselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nature should come up with a way to weed out the parenting-weak. I see so many "parents" (and i use that term very loosely) who fall pregnant just by looking at someone but who can't/don't look after their children. And then there's people like all of us, who are struggling to have a baby, and who would make the most amazing parents. Come on, Mother Nature....sort it out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Darwin's theory? If that was being played out things like PCOS which have been around a long time and can be inherited (it's in my family) wouldn't be around anymore because it would have already been 'weeded' out years ago, well before fertility treatments were invented! What a load of cr#@. If I got a comment like that there is no telling what I'd do! I do not believe we are becoming reproductively weak - it's just that not everyone is getting married/partnered up in their teens these days due to changes in our culture over time and it gives some of these conditions a chance to get a bit worse over time. It's not like the teenage me was going to go "Oh wow, I have PCOS, maybe I'd better find someone to breed with quickly whether I'm serious about them or not while I am young just in case I have problems in the future". Next time you get that comment ladies, point out the logical flaw above. Right after you've held yourself back from killing them

AFM: I started my nasal spray this morning. It leaves the foulest taste! But at least I feel like I am on my way with IVF

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ellymoe For This Useful Post:

familyplanner961  (16-08-2011),miggins  (15-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Violethope - fingers crossed for you today! Let us know how you go.

Cazigurl - so good to hear from you! What a rollercoaster you've been on! I hope that you find the right answers and have huge and quick success with your next steps. I've been stalking this thread a bit - it's gotten quite a bit bigger, so there is lots of lovely support here when you're feeling like bh.

As for PCOS and evolution - there are some really interesting theories about why PCOS has survived. One being that women with PCOS have difficulty conceiving when at normal weights, but are some of the only women who can carry children when at underweight bmi ranges, so in historical times of famine, PCOS was nature's way of keeping the human race going. Sorry to all those dealing with these types of prejudice.

Littlejoeyg - I think you were the one that asked about finding an OB while TTC (have been meaning to write)? If you do go the private route - if you want to 'interview' some OBs, it is so much cheaper to do while TTC as you are usually charged about 1/2 for a gyno apt as what you're charged for a first pregnancy apt and as you've probably reached the safety net, gyno visits are not capped, so my OB interviews only cost about $15 out of pocket. I met with 4 to find one that I'm really happy with - he does ultrasounds at every visit and gives out his mobile and email for help between visits (both of which I've used more than once). Also, you're then on the books as an existing patient so when you fall pregnant you're pretty much guaranteed to get them.

Good luck to everyone. Lots of you in the tww, so keeping my fingers crossed for lots of bfps in the coming weeks. Babydust all around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops - Ellymoe - just wanted to say good luck to you with your first round of IVF! So happy you found a FS that you're happy with. Fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got my blood results today.... I'm PREGNANT!! I simply can not believe it! My HCG was 679, apparently that's fabulous! Yay oh yay oh yay!!

Hope this is the start of many announcements on this thread in the next few weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Congratulations violethope!!!!

Violethope - that is wonderful and inspiring news!
    Cheering for you so much and for many more BFPs on here!

Here hoping for a smooth, carefree pregnancy for you!!

Congrats again and keep us all updated in here!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Violethope!!!!!!!

What a great result! I think they told me they're happy with hcg over 100 - so yours sounds fantastic!!! So happy to see bfps on the thread. Big hugs and wishing you a sticky 8 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Violet -