+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    TeeTee, is the FS doing a day21 blood test? I was started on 25 mg as well, but found out I didn't O, so the dose went up to 50mg. I do O now, however this is my 6th clomid cycle and no bfp yet

Best of luck with your first clomid cycle and hope you don't have any side effects

2. The Following User Says Thank You to purpletulip For This Useful Post:

TeeTee  (07-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi kedgie, I very rarely get Af on my own... last one was march this year... He just said do the blood test if neg then start clomid on day two ( so obviously the day I start clomid will automatically be day two!!!!)

He hasn't ordered any bloods other then this hcg test... Should I ask my gp to do a day 21 blood test??

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you don't get AF on your own usually, I would probably ring and ask the FS if you should be on Provera or the equivalent. You're supposed to take Clomid from the second day of bleeding (not spotting), if you're on Days 2-7 (Same as me!). You don't usually just start it without AF.

I'm assuming you went through the fact that your cycles don't start by themselves with your FS?

They do overlook things sometimes. Even the best FS's are human. If something doesn't sound right, give your FS's office a call. They'll ask the FS and get back to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All.

This sure is a busy little thread these days!

Good luck for tomorrow Mrs JD!

Littlejoey, I am a little confused by your cycle, did you say you were tested on day 12 and they decided it wasn't working? To me that sounds very early to give up on Clomid. I O'd on day 27 with Clomid. I'd be DTD if I were you, just in case! Your FS probably knows best though and perhaps there's another reason they've gone down that path? I feel like monitoring is really important and helpful. I rarely go 3 days without some sort of check and it keeps me going. There is way too much guess work otherwise! Plus it's quite expensive and taxing on the body so I am all for making the most of it. My clinic is a bit pricy though, that is due to the heavy monitoring. AFM stands for as for me Good luck, I hope this cycle works for you!

Miggins, I didn't have any coloured cm, not sure if it's normal. Google it? It could just be the hormone shift. I had more cm throughout my injections than I did without.

TeeTee, that's great that you had your appointment and went away feeling positive. I am not sure what is considered normal but my FS said that if I had a period within three months beforemy appointment she would have started me on Clomid straight away without a period. She said that the lining would build on Clomid anyway and that the 'old blood' is not a problem. The second Clomid cycle I did, I didn't have a period, they just started me straight away, that was the cycle that I O'd. Perhaps since it's a low dose monitoring is not quite so crucial. If I were you though I'd be doing OPK's to try and monitor yourself and cover your bases in case.

Ellymoe, how did you go, did you POAS yet?

AFM, I had by scan and BT today and hurrah, I have a dominant follicle! I cried cos I couldn't believe it! It measures 19 by 18mm! My lining is 8.5 so it's all looking really good. I have to give myself the pregnyl trigger tomorrow morning and I should O on Saturday! So it's lots of DTD for me. I am sooo hopeful that it will work! Please keep your fingers crossed for me!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Violethope For This Useful Post:

TeeTee  (07-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Violethope that's fantastic! What great news for you! Good luck!

So you've ovulated as late as day 27? I started taking Provera yesterday because my Day 21 progesterone test showed no ovulation (Was done on Saturday) and today I'm getting cramps. I didn't get them first time around with Provera.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I went thru with him about not having periods, he did say he can give me a hormone tablet to bring on Af but it's not necessary for me and a blood test is fine...

Violethope thanks for ur advice I will try the opk's but when I have used them in the past they just have a positive all the time!! Maybe on clomid it might be different..
    My fingers are definatley crossed big for you this cycle!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I forgot to mention I am also already taking 1500mg of metformin daily for my insulin resistance... Maybe that's why I'm on a low clomid dose too????

Thanks for all ur help so far!!
    Mega baby dust!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, if you've gone through it with him sounds like he knows what he's doing!

I'm on 1500mg of Metformin as well, but I started off on 50mg on my first cycle. I'm on 100mg this cycle. Hopefully you can be a posterchild for it and get lucky first try!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaps for the support & well wishes!!! It would be fab if it took first go!!!!!! I'm just sooooooo happy that I'm finally getting the treatment!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    TeeTee - I would KILL to see my DH get an examination like that, and I don't even care if that makes me evil! First time I was gonna start clomid I was told I didn't have to wait for AF as I had just had a currette.

Violet - Awesome news! for this month!

AFM: I will POAS tomorrow before my FS appt. I'm not particularly optimistic about it but DH was pushing for it to happen today because he is still fairly hopeful. the only symptom of anything I've had this week has been a sore throat that won't go away and I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with being utd! Looking forward to the FS appt though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Baha ellymoe it was good! He just thought he was going along for support... Until the FS told him to take off his pants!!!! The look on his face was PRICELESS