+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Beaniebabez - hopefully the links below show up in my post! The first one in particular contains a link to a sample chart I believe. You need to buy a basal thermometer (and waterproof digitals are the best I have used so far but not all chemists have this type), normal ones aren't sensitive enough, and I take my temp at 7:00 every morning unless I'm having my period, I even set my alarm for it on weekends and go back to sleep once I've done it. Some of the ladies here put our temps on a site called Fertility Friend, you'll see links to some of our charts in our signatures if you want to see examples. I think most people take their temp in their mouth, but I do it vaginally because I sleep with my mouth open (I'm so sexy like that )

http://www.babycenter.com.au/preconc...chartyourtemp/

http://www.*************.com.au/page...re_charts.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellymoe View Post
    As for my FS having any ideas, if he does he is not sharing them with me. Or monitoring me. Or doing jack sh%*. .
    Elly, I'm hearing you on FS's....I think it was just before you joined this thread but, I was forever having troubles with my FS also. Mine was a little different from yours though. My FS was the one who explained and stressed the importance of monitoring while on Clomid but, every time I went to call him on CD1 or CD2 to make my CD12 U/S appt, his receptionist or answering machine would tell me that he was on holidays!!! Like, FOUR times in a row and every single one of my Clomid rounds! I felt like all I had done was pay him $200 or so for a prescription and that that was it, I was on my own!! So, the first time he was away (round 1 of Clomid) I phoned and his receptionist said he was on holidays for like, 2 weeks and just to not bother scanning...umm....I'm not going to take medical advise from a receptionist (though a very competent receptionist I'm sure she is) so I told her that that kind-of freaked me out as we had no idea how my body was going to react to Clomid. So she called me back and had got a referral for me to go and make my own appt with a separate X-Ray company and go to my GP for the results. So that's what I did and my GP knew less than I did about what we were looking for so she pretty much just showed my the results-letter that the xray company had sent her which said that I had grown 1 x 17mm follie so then by my own research I knew it was all systems go for us to safely DTD. The following cycle my FS's answering machine rudley shocked me with the news that he was away yet again! So I STUPIDLY thought.....meh, stuff-it, I'll just go blind this cycle and hope for the best. BFN. Third cycle I found myself absolutely speechless when my FS's answering machine told me he was away AGAIN!!! So I thought...stuff-it....I proclaimed myself "Dr Ladydee" and went ahead and went to book myself into my GP to get a x-ray (U/S) referral but.....my GP....you guessed it...WAS ON ANNUAL LEAVE!!! (Rrrrrr!) So, feeling all Clomid-hormonal-and-fired-up....I walked into a 'walk-in' Bulk Billing Surgery and explained that I needed a 'CD 12 follicle tracking U/S referral'. So I got one and went back to that same surgery for them to show me the result the next day but found that I didn't even O. Right about then is when I feel the biggest dread-feeling in my gutts, knowing that I was 99.9% sure that I didn't O in the previous cycle that I didn't track with and therefore wasted two cycles and over two months of my TTC journey for being blase'. If I had of seen that I didn't O in the 2nd cycle, I could've gone straight up in dosage. While it is very important for us all to listen to the experts and fololow what they say....I do believe we can't just do it blindly and ask them "how high" when they say "jump!". Anyway....for some very strange reason I have sticked it out with this FS as he is supposed to be one of the best in my area (when he's here that is!) but, with FSH and IUI, you mainly deal with the FN's so, I'm yet to see what sort of OB my FS will turn out to be. He has delivered a few friends babies and they rave about him so.....???

Quote Originally Posted by familyplanner961 View Post
    Having a real fat day The gyno says I need to loose weight but it's easier said then done. I worked my guts out to loose 2 kilos and after a bad few days, most of it is back!! GGGGRRRRRRRR!!!

Currently weight 92.5kg. Healthy weight range is 52- 66kg. Never gonna get there

Sorry about the winge girls.
    One word.....METFORMIN!!!! Ok, so, I don't know if I lost the weight by pooping and hurling it all out but, I found weight just fell off me while on Metformin. I did find that I would get more sick when I ate any chocolate or too many lollies or too much soft-drink or greasy food so, maybe this all contributed??? Keep popping those pills and you'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by purpletulip View Post
    Thanks Ladydee for the kind words. I asked FS about IUI and he said it would not be anymore successful than IVF. As the swimmers 'rejuvenate' after 3 months, DH has stopped coffee, the occasional beer and also started taking Sperm Max - a herbal thing (like menevit) from the chemist that is supposed to improve sperm morphology.

Glad you are travelling well.
    Yeah absolutely, IVF definitely does have a higher success rate but IUI with FSH injections is about $1000 per cycle and IVF starts at about $7500 or there abouts. They also learn ALOT about how your body handles the FSH and get a better idea of what dosage you may need while your on the $1000 rate instead of the $7000-and-upwards rate. That was my thought process in the whole thing anyways and...blow me over....bfp!
    All the very best of luck, which ever way you go. Isn't it great that we even have these choices up our sleaves in the first place though huh?!

Quote Originally Posted by Violethope View Post
    Hi All,

So AF arrived today I was certainly expecting it so it's ok. I start my puregon FSH injections on Thursday! Scary but exciting! I am concerned though as I am going on holiday Wednesday next week for 5 days and it will muck up my tracking. Also I will be without DH from wednesday til Friday so I hope we don't miss O!
    Sorry about AF showing her ugly head hun . Are you going to be holidaying in Aus? Does your FS think it may be a good idea for you to have a Prog/LH/Oest blood test while your away like, half-way through or something (just if your BT's coming-up to your holiday show things moving along)?? I work in Pathology and we occasionally get ladies holidaying up on the Gold Coast who come in for their tracking blood-tests and we mark it urgent/results asap for their FC's to get their results and the patient rings-up to find out if they should be DTD like crazy or to just keep injecting....just a thought? Good luck!!!

to every one of you!!!! I know it may not always feel like it but, you will get there! xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ladydee, I'm onto it! My FN said they could order a bt whilst I'm away and get the results the next day. I'll be in nsw (from sa) so it should be fine. thanks for the tip though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ladydee. I was in denial about the chocolate, which is my main weakness. I only eat deep fried food and lollies on the rare occasion and generally eat a pretty healthy diet.

I had noticed feeling a little queasy after chocolate but I wanted to blame everything but the chocolate. My DH is a big culprit when it comes to chocolate as well. I sent him for the groceries today and of course he sheepishly pulled a packet of Tim Tams out of the bag when he got home.

I'm going to have to put a complete chocolate ban on the house and he's not gonna like that but he could probably stand to loose a few kgs as well. We haven't got his SA results yet but loosing a little weight could only be beneficial to his swimmers.

Hopefully the metformin is working for me. I still haven't had AF and I've been on it for over a month but I'll wait 2 months before I get it checked. I might go down my local medical centre and get them to give me a referral for a fasting insulin test just to see how things are going in that department.

to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    hope everyoe had a great weekend and enjoyed things that took their minds off ttc.
    i went to see WICKED the musical an it was really really good highly recommend it!!

so my opk's r getting lighter and lighter and lighter......
    would this suggest that my lh is decreasing? can opk's and bt conflict?

any bfp's???

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsPump - I spent today doing a massive clean-up. We even hired one of those carpet cleaners from Woolies, much to the horror of our cats who had thought the vacuum cleaner was bad enough!

Ladydee - Yikes that sounded like a nightmare! My FS has a really good reputation and some people have raved about him, but I haven't been particularly impressed, hope the new FS is up to scratch

Violet - due to the endo I've been told I will be going straight to IVF rather than FSH or anything else . Maybe my new FS will have different advice though

On day 8 now. Not feeling any pressure in my right ovary area yet, can't remember if I should be feeling it yet but I know I usually do a few days before I O so am waiting for it . A bit worried because I've had a chest infection and I'm wondering what impact it might have on ttc if any.

Love_Monkey_Heart is offline Blessed with a very cheeky Monkey!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Welcome to all of the newies. I hope your stay here is short

Looks like it is going to be a very busy few weeks in this thread. So many people seem to be starting new cycles and heading for their TWW. Wishing everyone the best of luck!! I can feel some more BFP's on their way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all. Took my las Clomid on Saturday night. Thank God, because it was making me really angry and teary!

I'm at day 10 right now, so ultrasound this Saturday, and Bt next Saturday.

Just a question, I'm getting stabbing/pressure in my abdomen. On day 10 could that be a good sign for ovulation? I've never ovulated before, so I've got no idea!

Love_Monkey_Heart is offline Blessed with a very cheeky Monkey!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Kedgie - Clomid makes it a little confusing to tell when you have ovulated. A lot of the side effects from clomid are very similar to ovulation symptoms. I'll keep my that it is all positive for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kedgie - I get that pressure, mainly in the area of my right ovary but sometimes on the left, and I have been O'ing. Not sure if it is O pain or just a symptom of clomid but I get it. Hope it means good things for you! make sure you are DTD regularly even now, as I O'ed on day 11 last month rather than my usual day 14 and you don't wanna miss it!