+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Miggins - OPKs don't work for me, but I have heard some women who use them buy cheap ones over the internet so they can use them pretty much most days before O. I just see them called 'internet cheapies'

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am using ovulation sticks at the moment, never had to before got pregnant naturally then found the pcos and its now hard, Anyway...

I did one the day after my period finished and it had 2 lines but one was really light, the days since there has only been one line. Should I say that I have already o'd or should I just go on...
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    beaniebabez - keep going. what cd are you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beaniebabez - if you want to know if you are O'ing each month I would recommend recording your bbt each morning to see if you have the temp rise. Both lines on the OPK should be equally dark or the test line needs to be darker than the control line I believe, for it to mean you are about to O. It doesn't sound from your result that you have O'd yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just started charting my temperature as I seriously have no cycle to speak of so no idea when to use the OPKs . I do use them occasionally anyway because I got them cheap off the internet. How accurate is the temp charting though? I thought it would be affected by sickness e.g. rise in temp due to flu symptoms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Familyplanner - I temp vaginally because I sleep with my mouth open and I find it very accurate. If you see my charts they all show the pattern for O (I just haven't managed to catch that damn egg yet!). I find it very useful and originally it showed me I definitely wasn't O'ing prior to my surgery and clomid. I think flu etc would make it go up but you would just record this in your notes as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi miggins, I am also pco and conceived with the help of clomid. When use clomid your doc will advise when to start it on your cycle( cd2-cd6) like that..... And you will be ovaluate 5 days after taking clomid. But can'nt predict exact date...from cd12 try alternate days to conceive.... And on cd 21 if your doc can send you for progesterone test and if levels should be greater than 15 ovulated ,if you are ovulated once with one particular dose of clomid doc use the same dose for you....next cycle as well.but be
    aware the trying times aswell,as we can use clomid only for 5-6 cycles.all the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey again ladies,

I finished my period last Thursday and have been testing since, i bought another box of strips yesterday. Will continue doing so...What does it mean by temperature taking and stuff?? (Never had to deal with this stuff)

miggins is offline ‘There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart, pursue those’
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Lakshmi.

My doc hasn't sent me for any prog tests through this first cycle, or asked me to take temp. He's just gonna wait and see if the Metformin and Clomid make me get a period on my own next time around day 28. I'm due to go back to him in a couple of weeks which will actually be day 27 of this cycle. Today is CD10, so we're DTD every second day from today until at least next weekend (and every day over CD13,14&15 or when OPK indicates).

I am also charting my temp with a standard digital thermometer, not a proper BBT one - does anyone know if this will still be accurate enough?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Ellymoe, it really does seem like Clomid is working for you, I am very hopeful that this will be the cycle for you! It is so hard to know what to do. Even in a 'normal' cycle the chances of bfp are only around 25%. I guess the one positive to take from your situation is that if your body responds to Clomid so well then you should be fine with fsh injections at a low dose. Good luck.

For those ladies asking about OPK's, in my experience they can be a little hard to use with PCOS. I can't remember if I already posted about this so sorry if I'm repeating myself! The one time that I ovulated I picked it up on an OPK very close to ovulation. I had got around 6 positives in that cycle, all over the place! But the actual one came 1 day after a clear positive and the test line was HEAPS darker than the control line, like 4 times darker. So it was really obvious and was then confirmed with a BT and U/S.

As for temp charting, I hear it works really well for some people, not for me though, I did it for around 3 months and my temps were so up and down I gave up! My FS said that it just doesn't work for everyone.

So AF arrived today I was certainly expecting it so it's ok. I start my puregon FSH injections on Thursday! Scary but exciting! I am concerned though as I am going on holiday Wednesday next week for 5 days and it will muck up my tracking. Also I will be without DH from wednesday til Friday so I hope we don't miss O!

Welcome to all the new ladies. It's funny, I still feel new here but now there are so many people asking the same things I was a few months ago. I hope your stays here are short.