+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Littlejoey, I second what Sammy said, go by what FS said. With clomid, I start taking it on day 2 of my cycle, however other people have been told to start it on different days and it works fine, so sometimes there isn't just one definite way it has to be done, which might be why you are getting different info from different sources. I'd go with whatever FS said though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear that Violet . I am on day 2 of AF so I went through the bulk of my disappointment yesterday so I can empathize. 11 days is a bit early though isn't it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Violet - hopefully you will get your BFP in the next few days 11 dpo mite be to early to give up.

as for the other ldaies that started on Clomid, How did you find out that it wasnt working for you?
    the dr has now said that it may not be working for me as its still showing high LH hence why they thought i may have ovulated on CD6. have another bt CD8. are they jumping the gun with saying its not working? just feel like a bit of a failure at the moment. why cant things happen for women who want a baby so bad and will provide it with a loving home and all the care in the world whilst others are blessed with a child and dont even want it in their lives :'(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zoem – How are you travelling hun? Haven’t heard from you in ages! Hope all is well??

Little Joey – Hi! Wishing you all the best of luck with everything and I hope you get to graduate out of this thread nice and quick! Some cycles I took Clomid, others I took Seraphine....it all depended on which chemist I bought it from but, it’s the same thing with the same ingredients.

Family Planner – Hello! I’m not insulin resistant but my FS put me on Metformin anyway. I’m not sure if it made my cycles more regular or not as I was never on it without being on fertility drugs but I will say this....I suffered BAD from all the lovely side effects like hurling my guts-out....from both ends.....almost daily, so I quiet often was only taking the lunch and dinner dose and only occasionally taking the breakfast dose which seemed to help me settle my stomach. This last cycle I was determined to do everything by the book and the hell with the consequences so I took my three doses without fail while doing my second round of FSH injections with IUI and......BFP! After 16 months TTC! For once in my freak’n life, I had a perfect cycle which ended with all of my dreams coming true. I had been taking Metformin for four months so, who knows if that was what helped in the end???........good luck!

Angela – How did you go with your scan?

Mrs JD – Where were you when I was cycling on FSH awaiting IUI?? I would’ve loved a cycle-twinnie! Aww hun, I’m so sorry the bloody shingles got to you right at the most worst time!!! That just plain sux. I don’t think I would’ve taken a month off either. Clomid didn’t work for me either but I wasn’t as lucky as you and went on to waste 4 cycles on the stuff. Well, I’ll be eagerly following your journey and I hope you do take strength from mine and Sammy’s recent success on FSH as I personally think the stuff is liquid-gold! I got NO side effects AT ALL! My stubborn PCOS ovaries didn’t stand a chance! lol. Gooood luck!

Violethope – How did you go....was it AF? I’m holding out hope it was implantation-bleeding??? Big, tight fingers crossed that there’s still hope?!

Mrs Pump – Aww sweet, I’m sorry your having a hard time of it. Your completely right....it’s just not fair. High LH seems to be part of the package of PCOS (yay-us!...pffft!) here’s that great article again....you just have to click onto it with your mouse. As I was saying before.....the bit that might explain things a little clearer for you is the text section called “How does Insulin Resistance Cause PCOS?” (especially the last two paragraphs of that section) and then have a look at “Figure-3” paying attention to what the LH does in comparison to PCOS women and non-PCOS women......

PCOS – A starting point, not a diagnosis....
    http://main.posaa.asn.au/files/PCOS%20Guide.pdf

I ended up printing this article out and read it like, 10 times so that it would make sense! I learnt soooo much from it and had tones of Light-globe moments! This is a great one too........

Ovulation Info....
    http://www.gynaecologymolloy.com/pdfs/PCOD.pdf

Purple Tulip – Did your FS mention IUI? I wonder if that would help your DH’s swimmers, giving them a helping squirt in the right direction?? After your DH hands over his sample, the FC centrifuge the sample which gets rid of lots of the bad-morph spermies leaving the marathon swimmers left to do their thing! My FS even squirted in the direction of the Ovary he knew that I was O’ing from. My DH’s sample never got into the bad ranges but, his morphology was right on the border of having to many “double-headed, triple-tailed spermies” as we called them. Did your FS explain how the sperm that your DH is producing right now will be reflecting how his health was approx 3 months ago? My DH has never been a caffeine drinker (coffee or coke) but he did change careers (he was a Auto-motive painter), stopped drinking to about one or two beers a week or fortnight (not easy for him! He LOVED his one-a-day beer after work!) and started taking a mens’multi given to him by my acupuncturist (who he went to for 2 months of weekly sessions to) called “CityLife – TCM male Jing Support” which I’m sure is probably along the lines of Menevit and.....boy was his following samples sooo much better! So, it did take a couple of months (pretty close to the 3 months really) but all these changes did make a pretty big difference. Hope this helps? Good Luck!

Ellymoe – Sorry to see this cycle was a no-go for you, does your FS have any answers or suggestions as to why it’s not working even when you seem to be O’ing every time?? I sooo hope you get your good news very very soon. I think this being UTD must take a bit of getting used to.....I was at an engagement party on Sat night and right in the middle of a huge group of people that were gathered around starting to say goodbye, one of my DH’s old school mates ( a guy!) calls out from the other side of the large group...”Geez (Ladydee) when are you guys gonna start having kids, what are you even waiting for anyway?!” ....OMG, I was FURIOUS! Everybody turned around and looked at me! If I had of been still TTC I swear I would’ve come bouncing right out of the closet and said something along the lines of...”Because I am infertile and I was trying my best up until now not to think about it for one night, but thankyou for the reminder!”. He has even posted the same sort of comment on my FB page wall. I mean, what the hell?....I find that just soooo rude! I responded with a “Geez D-Head (ok, so I used his name but, you can bet I was thinking D-Head) what, are your kids lacking in friends or something?! Every time I see you your on with the same questions. I promise I’ll put you on speed dial and call you as soon as I get the good news!”. Wish I could’ve come up with something better but, I was just soooo angry and mortified! I was by myself too as my DH had gone to Bucks-night (to celebrate being able to get drunk again.lol). So, what-do-ya-know....some things don’t change even after you do get your BFP!

Waiting – DH drove me nuts the night that I told him as he first was late home from work so, I called him and he was at Bunnings! Bunnings and my DH getting home within the next few hours....or what feels like days....does not mix well. I knew what he was like when he got around his big-boy-toys so I did some quick thinking and complained a little that I was starving and didn’t want to have dinner too late so could he please not take too long. So then he finally gets home and then drives me completely insane-with-impatience by going out to potter in the garden with some new solar-garden-lights he bought! Then he finally came inside but then fiddled on the computer for a little while until I started hinting that “geez, it sure is cold tonight and if he didn’t want to use his Ugg-boots that I was going to steal them”. So then he said that he wanted to have a shower first and not put his dirty feet in his uggs! SO...then I left it for another agonizing 1/2 hour or so until I started complaining that he should have a shower as I could smell his stinky feet from the other side of the room! It was so funny (frustratingly) as he was lifting his foot up saying.....”I can’t smell anything!”. Awww, MAN!!! So then he FINALLY went to have a shower and then sat next to me to put his ugg-boots on and then proceeded to jump a foot as he though there was a spider in them! lol. Then he pulled the baby-bootie out and just stared at it like....”What-the....??? How the hell did this get in my boot?!” He was totally not getting it so I said “Congratulations Daddy, we’re finally pregnant” and then placed the two pos HPT sticks in front of him. Sniff sniff....it was lovely. I haven’t even looked in the March due threads yet (I’m due March 2nd). When did it start to feel more real for you? It still doesn’t for me...at all! Hope all is travelling well with you. How long until you find out the sex??

Lissa – SO glad to hear everything is going so well for you and your little ones! Keep us up to date! xo

Sammy – That is interesting about the 2 glucose tests. The gestational Glucose test is usually just a 1 hour one and usually you only have to do the 2 hour one if you get funny results from the first but, maybe for us PCOS’s we have to do the second regardless....better to be safe I guess. I think that’s great that your keeping the sex a surprise I would love love love to but, I really don’t think I would be able to wait! So, I’m six weeks this Friday, what are you up to? I’m reading like, three of those week-by-week pregnancy books and I was wondering where the other UTD graduates from this thread are up to so I can see what you guys would be going through. I’ve come to the realization that I now know quite a bit about infertility and PCOS but, squat all about pregnancy and babies!

Windup – So......any scan news yet??? Are you going to share? I can’t wait for this all to start feeling more real for me. Maybe I’m still in shock or something.....it’s like I’m still waiting for the bad news to come! And I don’t want to be feeling like that! I had this ridiculous little scare on Monday last week...I was lying on my back with my arms behind my head and I sneezed and it really hurt my whole “womb” area and then immediately after, I had a long sharp cramp-like pain down my left lower-stomach-side which made me roll over into a ball! I was SO freaked out and by the end of the week when I was due for my second blood test, I was absolutely positive that the baby had died! On the Thursday night before the blood test I woke up at 2:30am and just could not get back to sleep as I felt so depressed that I had a dead tiny-foetus inside me! This is not normal right?! I don’t get to see my FS until next Friday for my first scan so, if everything is indeed all ok, I’m going to talk to him about it to see if I’m going nuts or if it’s relatively normal after infertility. Did you get anything like this? Sammy?? Lissa??

AFM – Travelling along ok...still definitely doesn’t feel real yet. My first hcg bt was 204 and a week later it was 5773 so, that was a relief! My first scan is on the 15th so, maybe it’ll feel a little more real after that? Though I was getting a bit of M/S just before and for a couple of days after my first bt to confirm pregnancy but, haven’t really felt any light-headedness in about a week or so. Still have very achey bbs and feeling exhausted....that’s about it really. Nothing I haven’t felt before actually. Hope everyone is going along ok, I’m wishing the very best for you all! xo

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

familyplanner961  (05-07-2011),MrsPuMp  (05-07-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladydee - so great to hear from you, and glad everything is going well! I think when I fall I am going to freak out over the slightest thing as well.

As for my FS having any ideas, if he does he is not sharing them with me. Or monitoring me. Or doing jack sh%*. The only month I got a bt and u/s was the month I asked for it. I get the impression he is not interested in helping me with anything until I reach IVF stage - by which time I will be with a new FS. Haven't told him this yet though . I know other people have said great things about him, but in my case he hasn't really been up to scratch so I have been feeling very alone in this journey without much guidance. I have an appt with a new FS at the end of this month, which is almost perfect timing with the end of my last clomid cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Having a real fat day The gyno says I need to loose weight but it's easier said then done. I worked my guts out to loose 2 kilos and after a bad few days, most of it is back!! GGGGRRRRRRRR!!!

Currently weight 92.5kg. Healthy weight range is 52- 66kg. Never gonna get there

Sorry about the winge girls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ladydee for the kind words. I asked FS about IUI and he said it would not be anymore successful than IVF. As the swimmers 'rejuvenate' after 3 months, DH has stopped coffee, the occasional beer and also started taking Sperm Max - a herbal thing (like menevit) from the chemist that is supposed to improve sperm morphology.

Glad you are travelling well.

miggins is offline ‘There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart, pursue those’
    Thanks
    Reviews
    LadyDee, thanks for the article links!

This info is really useful to me, as I was only diagnosed with PCOS about 1 month ago - although I've suspected I had it for a long time, but every GP I'd asked about it, told me "no, you don't have that" (some tests done along the way, but I was on oral contraceptive most of the time - so it would have 'masked' it I guess). It was a relief and a frustration (as well as very upsetting ) when my FS did the intra-scan and saw it immediately - and I saw it plain as day on the little monitor - all those black circles all around my ovaries . It's not a "life sentence" I know, but I was so angry that all those professionals over the years had just brushed me off and had no other real explanation for my ultra long and ultra irregular cycles and weight issues among other things ("just that being overweight will affect your cycles" and "I should try to lose weight", really???!!! like I never thought of that before - just for the past ~15 years!!! )

anyway, here I am, and had my rant

thanks for listening!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies!

MrsPuMp, thanks for the support. In answer to your question, I knew Clomid wasn’t working because I was having blood tests every few days throughout my cycles that were testing for oestrogen, progesterone and FH. My FH is generally up quite high due to the PCOS so they really used the other levels to see change and judge its effectiveness. Also I had scans to check follicle size and lining thickness.
    Try not to feel like a failure. Not to make you lose hope, but many people do not respond to Clomid at all, ever. It is not your fault if it doesn’t work properly or at all. If it doesn’t work there are plenty more options for you. Hang in there.

Ellymoe, you poor thing. It sounds like you’re really not getting the support that you need. I think that you should definitely swap to another FS. It is so important to feel informed and supported in this crazy journey that is AC. Thanks so much for your kind words. It seems I will once again be just a little way behind you as AF is trying to start today. Day 1 tomorrow I think.
    How many Clomid cycles have you done and at what dosage? Perhaps the new FS will be happy to move you on to injectables if this cycle is no good. I hope it works for you though, I’ll have my fingers crossed!

Ladydee, it is nice to hear that things are going well for you. I CAN NOT believe the rudeness of some people! It sounds like you kept your cool quite well. I was in the staff room at work the other day when a colleague started complaining after her 20 week scan of baby #2 that it might not be a boy, and that’s what she really wanted! Gaaa! I could have leapt out of my chair and slapped her. Then she follows that up with whinging that she is the only pregnant person at work and why doesn’t someone else get pregnant so she can whinge with them!!! Really? Are you serious, you NUT!

Keep up the updates, it’s lovely to hear about.

AFM, well, as expected I got my BFN this morning. I was well prepared and I actually felt relieved to just know either way. It was good too that I had my appointment with my FS this morning so we could make a new plan straight away.

The new plan is to start Puregon injections 75mg from CD5. They also think I will need trigger shots along the way but they’ll advise me when to do those depending on my levels etc throughout the cycle. I think AF will be here in full force tomorrow, so CD5 will hopefully be on Monday! Extra exciting because I will be off work on holidays! It was all a bit scary learning how to give myself injections. It seemed quite easy going into the ‘fake belly’ they gave me but I think I will be terrified for my 1st one!

Anyway, I have a renewed feeling of hope and I am super glad that my Clomid journey is over, it sucked!

Best of luck to everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

Is it okay for newbies to jump on into this thread?

I was diagnosed with PCOS in December of 2009. Well, I diagnosed myself and my doc confirmed it (My GP is awesome, and always listens). I'm on my first round of Clomid, starting taking last night.