+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome familyplanner.

Hope your stay here is short. I've just started my 5th clomid cycle and have been on metformin now for about 6 years on and off.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm sorry this is going to be a completely selfish post as I seriously have only about a 1/2 hour before interstate family start arriving for my dads birthday do which is tomorrow and I need to organize who's sleeping where and what the heck I'm going to cook for everyone tonight and tomorrow! Eeekkk!

Awww.....thank you all so so much for all the kind words and congratulations....I still really really can't believe this is even real, neither can my DH. I ended up doing 5 (!) hpt's (all pos) and my FC said that on 14dpo they were hoping to see a HCG result over 50 and mine came back at 204. Woohooo.....they usually like to test on 15dpo but, coz of the weekend, I got to test early (yay!). I go for another blood test next Friday and then a scan 2 weeks after that (I think that's what she said anyway!) I'm feeling like a bit of a space-cadet. My DH even slapped himself across the face about an hour after I told him to make sure he wasn't dreaming....

Ok, gotta dash! I'll get back on here and have a good catch-up with where everyones up to soon as I can. Anyone in their TWW? I don't think so huh?

to every single one of you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks PurpleTulip. I hope I'm not on here long either.

Congrats to Ladydee. It sounds like it's been a long and hard journey but you got there!!!

I'm just trying to fight the green eyed monster at the moment. I have to cousins on my facebook that have just announced that they are pregnant and they're constantly posting about morning sickness and cravings on facebook. It's driving me nuts and I feeling like commenting on their posts but I stop myself just in time because I know that I'm going to say something nasty. They both already have 2 kids each.

Did you find yourself ovulating more often on metformin purpletulip? I'm hoping that I will get a period on it so that I can start the clomid and not need to have it induced. I've been doing ovulation tests but so far I haven't had a positive result.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladydee - I am in my TWW, hoping to get the same news as you . Sounds like you are travelling welll!

FamilyPlanner - do your rellies know you are ttc? They might not be insensitive, just unwittingly driving you nuts. Most of my friends don't know I'm ttc, and one in particular has tried to work out when we plan to have kids (I hate being asked that). She is pregnant and fell on her second cycle and I really think that she would not even imagine that getting pregnant isn't as easy for everyone.

AFM: According to FF I am 9 DPO. I don't know if it is hormones but I have been mildly nauseous and very picky about food I want to eat. The pressure in my right ovary seemed stronger today and I was so gassy yesterday I woke up at 5:30am with a sore belly (which I can't remember ever having before) which was only relieved by visiting the loo and having hot milk. I'm also rather tired. The bad thing is I'm sure the hormones coursing around during the TWW is responsible, so I'm being taunted with symptoms that might mean squat! I avoided buying first response test today because I won't be able to hold off from using it and I hate being disappointed with a stupid blank space where a line should be!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Familyplanner - I never ovulated on metformin alone. I needed the clomid to boost that along.

Ellymoe - best of luck in your TWW. Fingers crossed!

AFM - DH's SA came back not so good. Morphology isn't the best but FS said it wasn't a dealbreaker for conceiving on clomid alone. He said to do another 3+ clomid cycles and if no BFP, then to start IVF. I am O'ing, but not fertilization or implantation obviously occurring. So just trying to come to terms with it all. I kind of suspected IVF might be what we needed; jut hard to hear it I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ellymore- No my rellies don't know that I'm ttc and like you, they're constantly asking me about when we're planning to start a family. My mother in law is the worst because she's trying to push baby names on me and saying that my clock is ticking!!!! My cousins aren't to blame because if I was pregnant, I would be doing the exact same thing probably and it's just hard not to be envious of them.

As I'm new to this, could someone fill me in on the acronymms- TWW? Thanks in advance.

Love_Monkey_Heart is offline Blessed with a very cheeky Monkey!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladydee - Yay!! I'm glad it's confirmed. HUGE Congrats hun!!!

Familyplanner - I know what you mean when people post stuff like that on face book. It's so annoying!! I'm determined not to be one of those people and will actually be embracing my pregnancy for what it is.... A miracle!! TWW = Two week wait - the time between ovulation and when you can test. It's a bit hard to get your head around all the abbreviations at first. Check out this link it has all of the ones used on this site http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...ead.php?t=5331

Ellymoe - Only a few more days and you can test. I'll be keeping my for you!!

Purpletulip - Sorry to hear DH SA wasn't so good. Have you done any research on ways to improve it naturally if possible?

AFM: I had my first appointment with a midwife yesterday and we went through all of our medical history etc. We got to hear the heartbeat for the first time which was amazing!! All of our appointments for scans etc are booked up until 20 weeks now. Something I learnt that you ladies may find useful.... As we have PCOS apparently you have to do 2 glucose tests instead of just the one. So the the first one is at 13 weeks and then the normal one is at 28 weeks.

Hope everyone else is well

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Love_Monkey_Heart For This Useful Post:

familyplanner961  (26-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladydee - which brand test did you use to get BFP at 12DPO? And I think we need more details of your DH's reaction to your news when he found out

Familyplanner - it's amazing how much those who mean no harm can unwittingly hurt us! I get to have dinner with my pregnant friend tomorrow night, so I'm sure the topic will come up, and in front of other friends

Purpletulip - I am likely to be moving on to IVF myself soon, hoping I get some good luck either this cycle or next . Good luck to you in your next 3 cycles as well!

AFM: 10 DPO. Boobs are a little bit tender, but like I said before, trying not to get my hopes up as they were tender last time as well. Managed to resist buying first response test again today, so either my willpower is growing or my optimism is slipping.
    I've decided to change FS, because mine is with the most expensive IVF clinic in Syd (and I have been pretty much ignored during the last few months, the only monitoring I had while on clomid besides my own bbt was 1 bt and an u/s I asked for, so I don't particularly feel like paying them a fortune). I have an appt with Dr Kim Matthews at Next Generation Fertility. Anyone else changed FS, and if so what is the process for transferring my info from one to the other?

Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Hi everyone!

I have been following this thread for a few weeks now and wasn't going to join, because I was worried about "jinxing" things - silly I know, do any of you ladies ever get supersticious? The reason I changed my mind is because after reading all of the posts I feel really really hopeful about my own issues and just dont feel alone anymore so thankyou! Your all so wonderful to each other, my DH is wonderful but I dont think he fully understands how I feel about not being able to just have a baby like all my friends, family etc etc

So a little about me, DH and I have been trying to conceive for 3 years but only in the past 1 year has it become scary for me. I have been diagnosed with PCOS, am a little overweight (size 16) and have all the other PCOS symptoms, excessive hair :-(, acne, many many little cysts on my ovaries etc etc. All bloods normal (except FSH and LH).

I have been seeing Jason Jackson, naturopath and am on his fertility program. Anything to help and his Making Babies book is very interesting - worth a read ladies.

More recently I have seen Dr Shane Higgings with Queensland Fertility Group (QFG). He seems fantastic so far but I did find out that I dont ovulate often at all and as I havent had period since Feb I start taking Primolut N 5 mg for eight days (2 tabs) on the 4th July and then on the 15th start taking Serophene 50mg for 5 days (2 tabs per day). So fingers crossed I get some nice Follies and perhaps good news at the end of July!

Well nice to meet you all and :babydust: to all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Littlejoey. Hope your time here is short and sweet

I certainly have found this forum very helpful and supportive, especially as none of my friends have struggled with TTC.