+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 110 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ladydee - yes indeed! But I don't have to hear most of those stupid comments because most people don't know that I have fertility probs. I get to hear other stupid things, like when I will get pregnant? Are you pregnant? (usually if I eat something unusual, I have any symptom of sickness, and I mean any, or even if I am in a photo with my hand over my stomach, which I was only doing to hold a scarf in place on a lookout!). But I can totally imagine people saying some of the things listed to those they know are having fertility probs, and thinking they are helping.

Lyla - sorry, but if she was my MIL she would be DEAD! What a thing to say to someone who is having probs conceiving. I answer the questions from people pretty much the same way you do, but I'm sick of it. DH doesn't really understand why I get so cranky about it.

Lately I've been tempted to say to people who ask "no, and I have medical problems which may cause me to never be pregnant", just for the slightly twisted satisfaction I would get in their discomfort in having asked the question, because honestly, to me it is never ok to ask those questions. I've just been a lady so far. People who just pop them out don't understand what we go through, and don't even consider the possibility that the person they are asking might not be able to.

Grrrrr......even my rant hasn't cooled me down!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ya, I'm hearing you Ellymoe.

My DH has a pretty good light-hearted retort which usually gets a bit of a laugh and ends the questioning....

"Naa....we're still practising"

Or when family ask when are we going to start trying...are we trying...I sometimes say,

"Well, I might not announce to you all when me and DH start having lots and lots of unprotected sex, but I promise I won't run off and hide while I give birth to a baby"

Your DF sounds lovely Lyla. Your MIL on the other hand......
    Last edited by Ladydee; 11-05-2011 at 20:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In spite of the fact that I still feel slightly enraged......I like those comebacks Ladydee I might even start using them. At least it might prevent me from biting someone's head off instead!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again everyone

Sorry for the delayed response...good ol' internet was down for a week

Thanks for the advice and the welcomes, as a few of you have said, hopefully the FS will show a little more interest if I need to increase my dose of clomid in future months. I think Sammy asked when my next appt with the FS was - he told me that everything is done over the phone from here. But at the same time, I only have enough clomid for another month and only a referral for a BT for this month, so we'll see how things pan out. I think he wants me to stay positive that it will all happen now, so he won't do anything for more than a month or two at a time.

Congrats to those of you who are now in the TWW - fingers crossed this is your month and you will be getting good news in the next few weeks

Laydee - a big thank you for that article you posted. It's been really hard ttc while everyone around me has been having a baby over the last year or two - the article summed the emotions up perfectly.

When people ask us when we're having kids, the reaction varies. With work colleagues who merely joke about me being the next in the office to be pregnant (we've had 3 pregnancies among 10 women in 12 months), I just joke back. We got to the stage with my FIL where we said 4 years ago (well before we were ttc) that we could have medical issues and we could have been trying unsuccessfully for some time (we'd been married 3 years back then) without anyone knowing. We only said that to get him off our back, as he was asking every time we saw him when we were planning on having children. He would then continue to make hints about how my DH would make a great father (yes, he would, but I already know that, you don't need to remind me every week!). If only I knew how true that would turn out to be! I have made it clear when telling people I have PCOS that it will make it harder to conceive - without actually telling them we are ttc, it's not something I want to discuss with many people, for the very reasons outlined in Laydee's article.

Update on where I'm up to - today is day 10 for me, I finished my first cycle of clomid yesterday and also had my first acupuncture treatment last week. Didn't feel too emotional on the clomid, though it was just a 50mg dose. Main thing I had was even more bloating and discomfort than normal, which is manageable. BT on 23rd to see if I O'd.

Thanks again for all the advice - it helps being able to vent to people who (unfortunately) know everything I'm going through. Lots of luck to everyone over the next few days and weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Newbie checking in!

Hi everyone....
    Popping in to introduce myself for the first time on this thread...
    I am 29 (30 in less than a month!) and DH is 30...
    We've been TTC for 15 months.
    I've always had ridiculous stomach cramps and irregular AF (31-54 days)....
    I got my results back from my FS on tuesday, and turns out i have PCOS...
    Not 100% surprised given my almost matching list of symptoms (sigh), but was pretty upset when I got the call...
    Starting metformin shortly, which FS said he'd only keep me on for two months, then on to Clomid...? Not sure why, but I assume he has a plan! hehe
    Was a bit upset to ask for too much info, will get more from him soon hopefully.
    I have family members (cousins) with PCOS, and an amazing best friend who is a recent graduate (pg with TWINS!!) to help broaden the knowledge I have so far, so I do feel supported...

Will you take me as a tag along on here? hehe

Love_Monkey_Heart is offline Blessed with a very cheeky Monkey!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladydee - Very interesting read..... now if only we could get everyone else to read it lol. How are things going with you?? Are you/did you have a bt to confirm O?

Lyla - Geez I couldn't handle your mil..... I would've put her back in her place!! Some people just don't think at all and are just plain rude!!

Waitingnotsopatiently
    - Good to hear this round wasn't too bad for you. I'll be keeping my for the 23rd for you.

Bluefiretail - Welcome to the thread hun!! The ladies in here are lovely and are full of very useful information It is a lot to take in when the dr is telling you but feel free to ask as many questions you may have. Congrats to your best friend... How exciting for her!!

AFM: Well this TWW has gone pretty quickly for me so far..... 6 more sleeps until my bt. The FN said that I would get preg symptoms from the pregnyl which haven't been too bad. The last couple of days though my ni*ples have been really firm. They hurt a little bit when something brushes past them and I've had to be careful what clothes I'm wearing cause they are like it 24/7 Sorry if TMI lol

Sending lot's of

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waitingnotsopatiently – You can tell the person who wrote that article totally “gets it” and has unfortunately been through it all herself huh. I’m the same with you...a few people know that I was diagnosed with PCOS in August and even though I’m sure a few of them have guessed that we’re probably TTC , I’ve always finished off telling them with “....so now I finally know why my skin is worse now than it ever was when I was a teenager!”. Hun, if you ever get to a point where you would really really rather some more monitoring....ask your FS and make it clear how very important it is to you. As far as I know, monitoring can never harm you so, what possible excuse could he have from not doing as you asked??? If you do unfortunately have to up in dose further down the track and start to get worried, how about asking him...”You have told me I have such-n-such amount of follies on one ovary, and such-n-such amount of follies on the other, because of PCOS...how can you tell from a progesterone bt after ovulation how many grew to be dominant???” Anyway, only a suggestion for if you start to stress out about it, HOPEFULLY you’ll never have to even work out how to ask him as I’m sure this cycle will be your lucky one...we’re due for another round of BFP’s on this thread, all the very best of luck for you this cycle!!! I didn’t get all that ‘sad’ sort of emotional on Clomid I don’t think....it was more like my patience was EXTREMELY thin and sometimes I’d either get so angry or frustrated at something or other and then get angry tears.

Bluefiretail – Welcome! Sorry for the diagnosis but, we’re all on here determined to not let PCOS get the better of us OR get in the way of us starting our own families so, vent as much as you ever need to....we’ve all had our turn and our moments. That’s great that you have so much support in your family and friends and yay...thank you for sharing your friends happy news with us all, that’s EXACTLY the sort of stories I need to hear to keep me going when I’m having a low moment. What CD are you at at the moment?

Zoem How are you going???

Sammy – No...I didn’t get a progesterone bt to confirm O...can believe it? Me, who is 100% all for monitoring! I did think about it afterwards but, my FS has got me using progesterone-pessaries since the night after O-ing so, it was too late then to get one as it would interfere. No idea why my FC didn’t do one as a routine test after IUI. If this one doesn’t work, I will definitely be asking for one next time as again, if this doesn’t work, I’ll always be wondering....well did I really even O? And that’ll just drive me nuts just like my second Clomid cycle. I’m 99.9% sure I did though coz of my previous bt’s, sore achey bb’s, tones of aches, crampy-pains and blehhh.....SO much EWCM that even my FS commented about it all as he was doing the IUI! We dtd the day before IUI and have kept at it like rabbits since, just to cover our bases. OMG, 5 more sleeps for you!!! SO excited! This has to be your time...has to be! As for me...not that I’m letting myself pay to much attention to any “symptoms” that I may be getting...pffftttt, who am I kidding right?! Still getting occasional little cramps in my belly and yesterday I was feeling really dizzy in the afternoon....but they could both be to do with this bl**dy metformin which is still not sitting well with me nearly 2 months after I started it! And I have got sore, achy bb’s like, on the outside starting in my underarms going all the way to my nipples....but maybe that is from the pessaries??? Who knows! My BBT has been looking pretty promising but yesterday it went down one point of a degree but then was up two points today! Ahhh...the suspense of it all! Your symptoms sound really promising....keep me/us updated! OOOOooodles of the most sticky to you!!!

How is everyone else and, where are you all at in your cycles???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladydee - I am at day 9. So just before it starts to get interesting. I decided to start BDing every second day from day 7, we never do it every day because we think the little swimmers need a chance to build up again . Looks like I O'd on day 14 last month, so here's hoping we catch it this time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladydee, I'm at CD21 (had BT today) but I tend to O on day 17 (or so my FS thinks, and this is also what comes up on fertilityfriend.com). So really just waiting and hoping.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Laydee

Thanks for your words of wisdom (you always seem to have something wise to add, no matter the situation!). I do have a back up plan ready to go - not that I'm already giving up on this cycle (I'm only at day 12, so it's too early for that!), but I'm going back to see my old GP this Thursday. Although she didn't diagnose PCOS after 3 years of my complaining about my 20+ kg weight gain, hair loss, and all the rest, she was always good at giving me referrals for blood tests that I asked for, and I haven't had one bt done for over 12 months now (I was diagnosed based on u/s alone). If this cycle is unsuccessful, I wouldn't mind having some extra bt done to check hormone levels, in case there's anything else going on. And I did get very short on patience and angry last week - maybe that was my way of reacting to the clomid! The bloating has gotten worse, even 3 days after my last dose - and I had day 1 AF-type things going on yesterday - lots of little cramps in my tummy and a really achy lower back. Let's hope that means it's working!

Hope everyone else out there is going well