+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 110 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1092
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone! Its sooo great to have you ladies to chat to about this as everyone (all my friends and family) are trying to tell me what i should/ shouldnt be doing, but none of them understand pcos!!

I figure ill just keep trying everything until the fs appoint and hopefully he can tell me whats right for me. This waiting is so annoying!!! Ive signed up for fertility friend so will give that a go aswell.

Babydust to all!! And thanks for the advice!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hows everyone doing? Me and DP have BD'd every day since the end of AF! Lucky he's a good lover otherwise I'd be sooo bored with it by now! AF is due in roughly 10 days.. I'm going insane!!! I dislike waiting!
    If it doesn't work I'm going back to my GP and asking her to reinstate me on metformin.

As a side note, is anyone elses insulin resistance giving them hassles? My BSL is all over the place

Me (27) & Him (25) = DSD (6), DS (6), DSD (3) & DD (2) plus TTC from Dec 2011 :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy new year everyone
    Waiting for af to arrive, two bfn's so onto month two of ttc (cramping at the moment), on the positive side of things I o'd all by myself. Trying to shed some kilos that I have gained over xmas by doing some more exercise and eating better. Hows everyone else doing?
    Goodluck mummyt&c, I hate the tww has been driving me crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also trying to loose a bit of what was picked up over christmas!! Still no af for me... Think im up to day 56? One more week til the fs... This is the longest cycle ever...

Any good news for anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not yet... But only about 6dpo! Not testing till 14dpo!! Be strong!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can feel O pains today. Hoping for a positive OPK this afternoon. I really hope we catch the egg this time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies,
    I'm a newbie to this area of bubhub, got diagnosed with PCOS a few weeks ago and since then ive been trying to clue myself up about it all. I would really love to join this thread for both information and support, seems like a really lovely group of ladies here. My next FS appointment is on 17th Jan and I'm hoping he will give me something to make me O as I haven't had AF since June. I'm just feeling frustrated, anxious and sad right now so I'm hoping being part of this thread will help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm new here, too!

Your FS should be able to give you something to induce a period. If I didn't take progesterone for 10 days to end my cycles, I'd still be on the world's longest one!

To say HI - I'm a PCOS-er, who has constant annovulatory cycles. 2000mg of Metformin daily, combined with Clomid - still doesn't work. I haven't ovulated since the beginning of 2011.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi mrs jaguar!

I'm still quite confused as to how and why I've got PCOS. I understand it's hereditary and so in that sense uncontrollable but before I went on the pill 4 years ago AF was incredibly regular, no probs at all, but since coming off the pill all these issues have occurred. Kinda feels like the pill had been responsible but who really knows.
    So sorry to hear metaforim and clomid arnt doing the trick for you, it must be so frustrating. I have heard positive and negative things about clomid so I'm trying not to think about how successful or not it might be for us, and just gonna see how things go.
    What is the difference between metaforim and clomid exactly?

Thanks
    Reviews
    LittleDove-

Metformin is traditionally a diabetes drug, it treats the insulin resistance that sometimes goes hand in hand with PCOS. Not sure exactly about clomid (not on it, I seem to be ovulating ok with the metformin) but I think it triggers you ovaries to grow the follicles and ovulate?? Someone else will be able to help better than I can hopefully!!

AFM- I don't know of anyone in my family with PCOS. I think it might come from dads side but don't know if that is possible?

I had regular periods before going on the pill, but I was also 10kgs lighter. That was 10 years ago and i was at school- who wasnt lighter then!? Whilst I am not overweight, I have a sneaking suspicion my weight is to blame.
    I am doing what I can to lose some weight but with the PCOS and related insulin resistance it was very difficult. Now my body is starting to work with the help of metformin I am finding it easier, well I haven't put any more on anyway (I've been lazy!)

Welcome and enjoy your (hopefully short!) stay!