+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 110 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    SO OVER TWW!!!

I'm currently waiting to test.. each day I am searching for 'early pregnancy' signs.. Taking my temp to see if I'm still rising in temps or dropping...
    AHHHHH!!! Going crazy this week!

Sorry.. had to vent to someone.. hubby is getting a big sick of my monthly grrrrrrr....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Zoem, I hear you, I am at 13 DPO and I did a sneaky HPT (FR) on Sun. BFN , that'll teach me for being impatient. I would be more optimistic about my chances of getting a BFP yet if I had some signs! My temps are still high but I usually seem to get AF 16 DPO so still has plenty of time to go down. DH hasn't said he's sick of my whinging, but I reckon that's only because he's too scared to

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellymoe For This Useful Post:

Chunkymonkey  (30-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ladies,

I would appreciate all your knowledge on this.

Caue we have PCOS does that mean we get false positives on opk's?

I have had what i thought was a positive 2 days ago to find today was the darkest line ever?

So I figure i may ovulate in the next 12 - 36 hours? Taking a break from it tonight so will try tomorrow night.
    I have a FS appt tomorrrow anyway so i guess when he does ultrasound he can tell if there is a dominant follicle?

I will be starting iui treatment as soon as my AF arrives.

This month was just natural trying waiting for my FS appt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Purple Tulip – Hi, welcome! We’re all on here going through or have been through the same sorts of things. Have you, DH & your FS talked about how many Clomid cycles you might try?? Have you been put on Metformin? I had been back and forth to GP’s for years about my skin breaking out more and more the older I got and about how my cycles have always been so irregular but NONE of them ever mentioned the possibility of PCOS. When you were diagnosed at 25, I’m interested to know, what did the Dr tell/advise you about TTC? I know if I had been diagnosed earlier I would certainly have planned my 20’s differently as I have been with my DH since I was 15. Good luck for you this cycle!!!!!

Future Mummy – Welcome! Your FS sounds like an action man so, good for you! Did you know that you had endometriosis before the drilling op? Good luck!

Ellymoe – How are doing hun? Let me say, you have a beautiful temp chart! (I had a peak) Boy, you should see some of my past ones including the ones on Clomid....up/down, ALL over the place. Don’t give up hope quite yet! Let us know how you go...

Zammy – How long have you been TTC? Hun, if your not happy with what your FS suggested, how about getting a second opinion from someone completely different from a different clinic? If there is anything that I’ve learnt from this TTC journey of mine is that unless it makes you more stressed, you definitely have to do some of your own research so that you can go to your FS appts armed with enough knowledge to be able to get a tad demanding (within reason of course) and to be able to ask all of the correct questions to get what you want. Did you actually ask about Clomid? What reason did he give you for making you try on your own for another two months?? Is it because he wants to see if your ovulating on your own perhaps? Are they blood tests for progesterone levels? What did your original gyno book this particular appt for in the first place?

Thanks for your story WannaBamumma! Share some of that good luck this way would ya?! Congrats

Zoem – Try and keep yourself busy and distracted hun....yeah yeah, impossible I know! Yay, oodles of good luck to you!!!

Angelanathan - Yep, your FS will definitely be able to tell you how many dominant follies you have, the size of it/them and also check the thickness of your lining so your bub can snuggle in nice and tight! Good luck to you!

How is everyone else??? Thinking of you all and wishing you all

AFM – I’m far from being an expert but, I have been learning quite a bit more about these FSH injections to make you O for IUI. You have to be closely monitored while on these injections as there is a high chance of Hyper-stimulation in ladies with PCOS which would land you in your closest hospital A&E Dept pretty crook indeed. I’ve been getting regular Oestrogen blood tests which has to do with follicle size and quantity. Per follie, your aim is for a result of >1000 but 600 is a possibility of O’ing also (I think 400 is a minimum). My clinic won’t inseminate or recommend intercourse with anymore than 3 dominant follicles (more than 3 would mean cancelled cycle).

My oestrogen BT results so-far have been one hell of a rollercoaster ride with me going from super-excited to devastated to cautiously optimistic again....
    20th = 209 (whoohoo...things are officially in the early stages of “happening”)
    23rd = 271 (yay for a little spike!)
    25th = 298 (hang-on...what’s going on here?!)
    27th = 235 (what?! No...NOOOOO!!!)
    28th = 205 (W . T . F !) F/S did an ultrasound and found a 10mm follie on each ovary. After seeing the bt result, he upped my FSH dosage from 37.5 to 50/day.

2nd = 326 (NOW we’re talking!)
    3rd = 470 ( Trying really really hard not to get my hopes up but, shhh........yay!)

Hoping for insemination late Thurs or mid Friday. Ahhh......have to say I’m feeling emotionally wiped-out this cycle. It feels like my first real “medically-intrusive” cycle to date. Just can’t believe it’s come to this really. It’s taken me a while but, I guess I’m finally really realizing that I do have a real medical problem and it’s been a bit tough to absorb that cruel, hard fact. Ow-well, I grew tougher throughout my failed Clomid cycles so, I guess this will toughen me up even more in-case I do head down the IVF path which is getting closer now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladydee - hugs right back at you! You are an amazing, kind person (yep feel like I know you all thanks to this site!).. Your turn is just around the corner.. I can feel it! You always give so much encouragement towards others.. now we're giving it back to you!!

Ellymoe - I read your post just before work today - THANKS! I understand how frustrating TWW is!! I'm currently on 10DPO I usually find MN knocking on my door at 13DPO .. so watching the temp like a hawk!!! It dropped slightly yesterday but went back up again today..
    coming your way!!!

angelanathan - all the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladydee,

Thanks for the welcome. I've been on metformin this time for about 4 years. I saw my FS just before Easter and he said he wanted to see us again in June/July, and then we would reassess the clomid. We probably should have starting TTCing years ago (been together for 9 years), but part of that DH was a PhD student and then we lived in the US for 3 years, so that certainly wasn't the best time, I also guess part of me was scared to hear the confirmation that we would have trouble TTC. On day 10 now and I thought the side effects of clomid were minimal - boy was I wrong!! All teary and emotional

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladydee - can't remember if Clap Your Hands is in this thread but I might direct her to your post, she wants to know about options after clomid hasn't worked before IVF.

Purpletulip - it can vary! First round I only had the hot flushes, 2nd I had everything except the moodiness. I felt like a hand was squeezing my innards for a few minutes, and I almost fainted. It went away pretty quick though. Hope you feel better soon

Angela - OPKs don't work for me, they are almost always positive. I don't think this is the case for everyone with PCOS though. Maybe use them for a few days and if you get more than the 2 positive days in a row you'll know they don't work? Hope they work for you, it would be good info to have!

Zoem - good luck! Also watching mine like a hawk - a very temperamental hawk!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning girls,

Had my first FS appt today. He did a scan and it showed a crater where the egg has been released . I got my lh surge yesterday so hoping i will get pregnant naturally.

Going back in 2 weeks and hopefully will start fsh injections if nothing arrises from this cycle.

So i will be dtd again tonight just to make sure.

Good luck everyone

Love_Monkey_Heart is offline Blessed with a very cheeky Monkey!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Purpletulip - I'm not normally an emotional person but the clomid had the same effect on me too. I'd just burst into tears over the stupidest things. Kinda embarrassing now that I look back

Wannabamumma - Thanks for your inspiring story. It's nice to hear

Zoem - When are you going to POAS? I'll be keeping my crossed for you

Ellymoe - When will you be retesting??? I'll be keeping my crossed for you too

angelanathan - I haven't used opks myself but I have heard from many other girls on here that they are unreliable for women with PCOS. Yay for your egg releasing!!! Good luck with the TWW and hopefully it goes fast for you!!

Ladydee - Sending lot's of your way. Doing fertility treatment certainly does make you stronger. Hopefully you won't have to go down the IVF path and the FSH will be enough for you. Is insemination still planned for tomorrow or Friday?

AFM: Well I went back to see the FN on Monday for another scan and she said my biggest follie was between 10-11mm - Which is the biggest I have ever gotten them even when on clomid. My lining was quite thick at 9.4mm which she said was positve but a bit early for my follie as it wasn't big enough yet. Anyway she suggested I do a bt as she was worried that we may have missed something. So she called me back later that day and turns out I had a massive LH surge and my body was ovulating all by itself They still recommended I take the trigger shot just to give me a bit of a booster. So we DTD on Mon and Tues and I went and had another bt today to check hormone levels so I'll get those results tomorrow. If they are too low then I just need to take the next 2 injections they gave me. I'm just in shock that my body managed to O!! I'm just hoping now that we weren't too late and missed the little follie. So I guess I'm now in the TWW pending today's test results.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I hope you don't mind if I join this thread? I'm 28, DH is 31. TTC #1 12 months, diagnosed PCOS Oct/Nov 2010 after blood tests that showed nothing, followed by an u/s that showed a 6 x 5 x 3cm cyst on my left ovary and 19 follicles on the right. Had operation a week later to remove cyst, drill right ovary, D&C and also checked tubes. FS said I should be pg in 3 months. Had another u/s in late Jan 2011 - 16 follicles on left, 18 on right just 3 months after the drilling. Went back after DH tested (all good on his side, that's one good thing!) and prescribed clomid two weeks ago. I've read some of your stories with interest - I've been told to take clomid from day 5-9, go crazy day 11-14 and then have a blood test on day 21. Easy as that. But it sounds like many of you are having more thorough monitoring with u/s each month and the like - now I'm even more confused! (you'd think after being told for 3 years before diagnosis that nothing was wrong that I wouldn't get easily confused anymore!). I'm already questioning whether I should be on metformin as well as clomid (last cycle 40 days), now I'm wondering whether I should be having u/s each month or if bloods are enough to show what's going on. Should I be looking at changing FS? I just can't believe it's so hard to get help for something that supposedly affects anywhere from 5%-20% of women (depending where you read the stats). Sorry to vent, going through a bit of a low mood at the moment - scary to think what the clomid will do to me in a few days!!! But it's hard to talk about this with friends who have been pg between 1 and 3 months after stopping the pill. Any advice would be a big help