+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default is there hope?

Hi ladies,

Im back again with another question....

I have just had an early miscarriage/chemical at 5 weeks.

My happiness was so short lived...

And now i am really scared and need some reassurance/positive story if possible.

See, this IVF had been 'a dream', everything went perfectly, really really well.

And on day of transfer- they told me i had the 'best possible' type of blastocyst - it was already almost fully hatched. I have had two friends get pregnant with this type of blasto and they were told 'if you dont get pregnant with this, nothing will work...'

So there it is, i am worried that i was not able to get pregnant with this perfect little emby, so is there any point in going in to do a FET with my 'lesser quality' frosties?

Do i have any hope of IVF ever working for me?

Has anyone else ever had a 'hatching blastocyst' and it NOT work...or end in a chemical, but then gone on to have a successful pregnancy with a lesser grade embryo?

Do you think if my body rejected this excellent quality blasto maybe i have immune/clotting issues??

cheers
    i hope someone can help me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there Luvmybub, I'm so sorry for your loss. It sucks doesn't it Something that encourages me is a story I heard about a friend of a friend - they had 2 children already from IVF, decided to go for number 3, only had 2 embryos left, and one was good and one was a dud. They decided to put them both in anyway since it was their last try... and now they're expecting twins. So while I think it's great that they can grade the embryos and tell which are most likely to grow and be healthy, it's only a prediction not an absolute truth - sometimes one that looks great isn't, and sometimes one that looks like a dud ends up becoming a healthy baby.

It's a horrible rollercoaster at times but we've just gotta have faith and keep on trying. That's what I tell myself anyway

Wishing you all the best for your next FET

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks BBB,
    I have been following your story, i cant believe what you are going through. I actually went through something quite similar last year...( i was pregnant and my hcg was dropping, and the ultrasound kept showing a GROWING embryo but no heart beat) and i had to keep going home and waiting a week for another ultrasound..it was dreadful).i hope you get a good outcome, and ultimately any outcome has got to be better than this limbo land that you are in. i remember feeling a sense of relief when i started bleeding, and just putting that chapter aside, because i knew in my heart it was not going to be be ok.

I am keeping everything crossed for you for tomorrows scan.
    hugs

4. The Following User Says Thank You to luvmybub08 For This Useful Post:

BBB  (07-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi luvmybub08

Ask your FS to do some blood tests and get them to check for clotting disorders as you mentioned. I always had day 2 embies put back as my eggs are not good so can't help you with the blastie question but i had a m/c at 6 weeks due to me having a clotting disorder (which i didn't know i had) so i went onto Clexane injections the day of transfer and it worked.....i had 2 cycles on Clexane and we were blessed with our 2nd son on our last (8th ICSI cycle).

Don't give up, it sounds like you have beautiful embies so keep going.....

Good luck.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to amum21 For This Useful Post:

luvmybub08  (09-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just because an embie looks good doesn't mean that it is genetically good. 25% of blasts are not good genetically and will abort themselves if they manage to implant so I think you have lenty of hope left

8. The Following User Says Thank You to EarthAngel75 For This Useful Post:

luvmybub08  (09-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There's still definitely lots to be hopeful for (although I admit it can be hard to see positives while suffering with a m/c).

My first go at IVF I had a perfect embryo put back in (don't know if it was hatching etc, but the FS assured me it was "perfect"). I got my BFP but m/c at 7 weeks (no HB on ultrasound, waited another week just in case, still no HB so had a D&C). I was devastated at the time as I honestly felt like there was no hope.(It was actually my second m/c). In my mind if I couldn't stay pregnant with a "perfect" embryo on a fresh IVF cycle what hope was there??? After a few months on my next FET I fell pregnant with DS.

As mentioned earlier, transferring a "perfect" embryo does not definitely result in a "perfect" pregnancy. There are just so many variables which could mean the embryo wont implant or that it may implant but not be a successful pregnancy.

I would say there is still hope so don't give up. In the mean time take it easy and look after yourself. M/C are just devastating. Thinking of you!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to angeleish For This Useful Post:

luvmybub08  (09-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow THANK yOU guys! i really really appreciate each and everyone of your advice/story of hope...i am struggling to get through this actually, it feels like time is moving really really slowly....i just want to be doing something again...cycling etc..

anyway, once again, thank you, and congratulations on your successes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't help you with Blasto's and what has been said to your friends. I'm sorry for your loss.

I did 3 IVF cycles- all Stim's. I had poor quality eggs, was a poor responder (450 of gonal) and had crap fertilisation rates then Poor quality embryo's. I also had NK cells just to top it off. I never had an emby to even try to freeze.

My first cycle I was SO naieve to IVF- I mean they are putting a fertilised emby back in why won't I get PG??? BFN. I only had one emby that cycle so no frosty's.

Second cycle, 2 embies both highly fragmented and poor quality. Can't freeze one so FS pushed us (not the other way round!) to put both back as she was going to throw it out anyway- BFP and then lost it a few days later. D&C and found the NK cells then.

Third cycle I was on 17 different drugs for the cycle, including 3 injections a day. I was a pincushion. I got 4 eggs, haemorrhaged in recovery and got rushed back to theatre- lost almost a litre of blood and was in a bad way. FS didn't want to transfer I was so run down but they couldn't freeze so I would have gone through it for nothing...Only 2 fert and again both very poor quality. They wouldn't even 'grade' them, and they had more than 30% fragmentation- I have a pic if you are interested. Again FS was doubtful, they were so bad. I was on steroids and blood thinners, patches, pessaries and tablets. Every bit of support they could throw at me. One of those poor quality embryo's stuck and I have the most beautiful 20 month old boy to show for it.

Embies don't need to be perfect, and one thing I kept telling myself is they can only compare them to other IVF embies- a natural pregnancy you would never know if that embies was perfect or crap. The right one will come along, and you will get off the rollercoaster- but it is so bloody hard when you are on it. I wish you all the very best of luck xox

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Backflip For This Useful Post:

luvmybub08  (10-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh wow Backflip! wowowowwow!! what an awesome an inspirational story! thank you for that one! maybe i will get off this rollercoaster ride....i need to feel that hope y'know, cos sometimes it is so hard to imagine this ever working fo rme...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't know how many embie pics you have googled- but this is my 3 day embie- you should be able to see 8 clear even sized cells inside it- instead you can see all the 'rubbish' which is the fragmentation and really you can only see 5 cells. This is what a bad embie looks like-

and this is what that bad embie looks like now...

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Backflip For This Useful Post:

Bear and Mum  (23-07-2011),danii  (07-05-2011),luvmybub08  (12-03-2011)