+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca7hy View Post
    How many times would you recommend doing Chiro and how does it help??
    it depends. At the start (6-8wo) i took her a couple of times but she improved straight away. When they are really little, its an easy fix cos any problems haven't had time to bed in. So i stopped taking her for months. Later on she got worse again, feeding issues etc, so at about 9 or 10 mo i took her back again. Again she improved quickly but it took more visits before i could say i didn't need to take her, maybe 6-8 visits.

As for how it helped, she didn't sleep and threw up a LOT, full on spewing at leapt once a day and 24/7 baby wearing to keep her calm. After the first lot of visits she started sleeping and never threw up again .

By 9m she wasn't taking solids,
    not gaining weight,
    bfing had failed and formula was hit and miss. The chiro got her eating again, she would eat after an adjustment then after a week or two i would take her back as she stopped eating again. Then the eating problems just stopped.

Oh and then at 15m she got persistent diarrhoea. Then the chiro tested her for allergies and diagnosed cows milk and sesame intolerance. Took her off those and never needed to go back since.

My chiro gp pretty spesh I would have been in use looney bin without his help,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca7hy View Post
    How many times would you recommend doing Chiro and how does it help??
    I only had to take ds 3 times after the 1st visit he was completly different

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm just reopening this post as the OP is exactly like me and my newborn right now....I don't know what to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm bumping again as I'm in the same boat with my 3wk old

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    We had these issues for the first twelve weeks. It's so hard, I know!

We went to an osteopath, which helped a little, and also gave our son a half dose of Infacol before feeds which helped a lot. I also gave up dairy, chocolate, garlic and chilli and started block feeding which made an incredible difference.

Also, I would feed lying kind of sideways on my back with his feet touching the bed so he was sort of upright, and I would burp him every five minutes.

My doctors all agreed there was nothing wrong and that he was only spewy because I overfed him, and he only screamed in pain because he was a baby, etc., so I self-diagnosed and tried what I could to make it easier for him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks MrsHarvey.

I was considering my Osteo as he told me while I was pregnant that he has a lady specializing in babies. I'll see how he goes over the next few days.

DS1 was dairy and soy intolerant, so maybe I should cut most of that out of my diet and see if it helps?

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    If one child has intolerances then it greatly increases the chances of another having them. Dd1 has a lot of intolerances, so does dd2 but not as badly. It cant hurt to try. We got a lot of help from an infant chiro, it might be worth pursuing if you have had a recommendation. You can always call & have a chat with the practitioner. But yeah we had a shocking time with dd2 until we saw the chiro, and she needed intermittent visits until about 1yo. We later discovered the intolerances, and life would probably have been easier on us all if I had cut out dairy when dd2 was bf. Maybe none of that applies to you OP, just my own experiences.

Hope it improves for you soon

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (28-03-2013)