+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What are your fertility chances with endometriosis?

My doctor has finally agreed with my gut instinct, that all my symptoms do sound like endometriosis. She has given me a referral to the gyny.
    We have been ttc #2 with no luck yet (but early days).
    My question for all you experienced ladies is:
    Does endo necessarily mean infertility? Can you still conceive naturally with endo, and if you can, does it always take a long time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was diagnosed with endo in 2008 just after having my ectopic pregnancy removed. The doctor said that my chances of conceiving naturally therefore were slim... fast forward 2 yrs later I did conceive naturally without any drugs and with endo! Don't think that it would hinder your chances. All the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My auntie was told she would NEVER conceive she had one daughter then another daughter 16 years later.

earthfairy is offline Winner 2009 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    In Antarctica for 12 months.... I mean Tassie!!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Sorry to crash, I dont have endo but 2 of my best friends do.

Both have conceived naturally & one of them on the first go! I know that it can cause infertility issues but thought I would share a positive with you!

Keep your chin up & stay positive! All the best for your journey!

EF x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, everyone. I will try to keep positive. Sounds like there is still hope yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had severe endo on both my ovaries and had a simple lap surgery to remove it all in May 2010 and fell pregnant in June 2010, straight away. I think it may depend on how severe it is but there is always the choice to do the surgery and your chances are then very high.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lucy,

I had a lap, removal of a cyst, ovarian drilling and removal of a heap of endo I didn't know I had about a month ago, and I ovulated naturally 2 weeks later. Unfortunately I didn't get pregnant first go but my FS got me to take clomid from the second day of my period so I am seeing what happens this cycle! I suspect I might have ovulated a few more times naturally for a couple of months but I think the clomid was just to make sure

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mandypiee

That is excellent that you fell pregnant after your laparoscopy! I have not been so lucky. I had a laparoscopy in September 2010 and had mild to moderate endo removed. Still ttc. But husband has some minor sperm issues, too. The laparoscopy did help with the severity of my spotting before periods. I get a little bit more period pain now, though.

Best wishes

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a lap + hysto in December to remove moderate to severe Endo, and I am still TTC. However, my FS has said that she is optimistic about our chances to conceive naturally, I think once Endo has been removed you have a much better outlook and a good window to conceive naturally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lucy in the sky. I was diagnosed oct 2006 after having my appendix removed that I had endo. It was probably the endo the whole time not the appendix. Three months later I conceived my first DD. So yes I was also of the impression that I may have had difficulties falling pregnant. I think it does probably depend on the severity of the endo. Last year I was admitted for another laproscope as I was convinced the endo was back and when they went in I had parts stuck in all sorts of places but was told my tubes looked good. My husband and I started trying again last year in september and we have just found out we are expecting again. So it is certainly not impossible to fall pregnant. I had actually been told I wasn't even ovulating. The second I gave up and thought it ain't going to happen I got pregnant and that was after taking temp doing opk etc, checking cm all those kind of things. I relaxed and gave in and thought I was going to require clomid as thats what i had been told. I was even ready to go back on the pill and just except we had one beautiful boy. Good luck, with every thing. I am sure it will happen.