Page 88 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naebie View Post
    Tap Settings icon
    Go to General > Keyboard menu
    Turn off Auto-Correction
    Ah Thankyou Thankyou. Will find that and change it. iPhone drives me nuts and it's own spell check is wacked!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbygirl View Post
    Ah Thankyou Thankyou. Will find that and change it. iPhone drives me nuts and it's own spell check is wacked!
    Is your predictive text set on UK English? Not sure if that is exactly what it is called, but I am on an iPhone, use the predictive text and don't have any issues with using full words. But I think it was set to US English when I got it, and the US spelling is rubbish!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yup I am working on that.
    And by that I do assume that means all the abbreviating?????
    I think some minor abbreviation is fine, it's just words like
    dat
    cuz
    wat
    n (which I assume is text speak for 'and')
    wld (would)
    cld (could)
    ....etc
    that drive people a bit crazy and make posts really painful to read.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Is your predictive text set on UK English? Not sure if that is exactly what it is called, but I am on an iPhone, use the predictive text and don't have any issues with using full words. But I think it was set to US English when I got it, and the US spelling is rubbish!
    Unfortunately even if you change it to UK English it still auto corrects words like 'initialise' to 'initialize'. Drives me nuts, and I always override the Z spelling (I have changed mine to UK English, was hoping to overcome that).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yea i believe mine is on us english.
    Il check and correct it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LG View Post
    Unfortunately even if you change it to UK English it still auto corrects words like 'initialise' to 'initialize'. Drives me nuts, and I always override the Z spelling (I have changed mine to UK English, was hoping to overcome that).
    Yeah, that annoys me too. Sometimes I remember and hit the X instead of space so it won't change it, but most of the time it's a delete and redo the last 2 letters! But I still love my iPhone anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LG View Post
    Thats my other problem, there is english and uk english so knowing which spelling is correct becomes difficult.

Also knowing what to use and when.
    Like theres and there is

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thats my other problem, there is english and uk english so knowing which spelling is correct becomes difficult.

Also knowing what to use and when.
    Like theres and there is
    In Australia we use UK English, not US English.
    And there's and there is mean exactly the same thing. The apostrophe (') means that there is a letter/s missing (ie the I is missing). The same as don't and do not, the apostrophe just shows where the missing 'o' was...
    If you're meaning there/they're/their, then check out the last link that was posted, it shows when you use each form.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBeee View Post
    In Australia we use UK English, not US English.
    And there's and there is mean exactly the same thing. The apostrophe (') means that there is a letter/s missing (ie the I is missing). The same as don't and do not, the apostrophe just shows where the missing 'o' was...
    If you're meaning there/they're/their, then check out the last link that was posted, it shows when you use each form.
    Oh ok well i wasnt sure if there was a time your ment to use there is n not there's.

Yea i know when use uk english, just knowing which spelling is uk and which is us us spelling gets me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There have been a few posts throughout the thread where members have asked questions and we have answered them, so this thread is doing that too. Feel free to as any questions! And thanks for making the effort to type properly now. It really does make your posts a lot easier to read. I have to admit I have seen you post in other threads and have skipped the post because it was just too much.

Lambjam is doing her bit with her awesome monthly tips under her user name

You can choose when you want to use contractions; there is no right or wrong. Generally if it is an official document you would use the two separate words though. Often where people go wrong is when they use a different word instead of the contraction. Eg your instead of you're (you are), his instead of he's (he is).