Closed Thread
Page 75 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissScorpio View Post
    I think of this thread often.

Partly because I'm subscribed and often get the notification in my email, but I also wonder how many people "browse" it and see a post referring to something they've written and feel bad or if they learn from it.
    This thread has alerted me to a few mistakes i was making and i learnt from it.
    I didn't feel bad, i know my grammar/spelling isn't the best but i do think it is important so am always happy to learn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    This thread has alerted me to a few mistakes i was making and i learnt from it.
    I didn't feel bad, i know my grammar/spelling isn't the best but i do think it is important so am always happy to learn.
    haha yep i often find myself reading something ive typed in here and then thinking back to this thread and thinking that i should edit my post but then thinking bugger it (like right now for example ha!)

I generally know how to spell and the correct grammer etc but im just so damned lazy that i just dont care some days, after all, its not like its an important essay or something for school or a report for work or whatever...

(LOL did I just give you all hart attax??? )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmyCatMummy View Post
    I avoid writing the particularly terrible mistakes I see on here for that reason. I don't want to make people feel bad. Journalists and facebook are fair game though!
    LOL facebook is the worst for it - especially all those groups you can 'like'. I avoid 'liking' some groups just because of the it's spelt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Need to have another vent

People who go on about how fantastic their private schooling was, yet can't even use an apostrophe correctly or spell properly!!! I have seen it more than once on here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post

People who go on about how fantastic their private schooling was, yet can't even use an apostrophe correctly or spell properly!!! I have seen it more than once on here.
    Lol! I knew that a thread about schooling would be scrutinised by the grammar lovers in here. I am a public school kid so I re-read my post in there before posting, which I never do, just so that no one took an easy dig at my public school capabilities! Lmao. (Although, considering I am crap at grammar and spelling, I am sure it was still riddled with mistakes.)

With this thread, I see comments about things that I know I make mistakes on. I have started to take more pride in what I write and mentally note how to spell words the correct way, just because I want to care about this again. I am never offended, but I enjoy reading the thread and taking mental notes about “rules” I should know better about. That said I don’t get offended easily, so I hope that no one feels bad reading the thread. Just wanted to say that I don’t, and I enjoy it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I blame that on the curriculum. Until schools introduce spelling and grammar into high schools I doubt private OR public will get better.

FTR - I'm a public school student from K-12!

**Coming to you live from my iPhone**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmyCatMummy View Post
    I blame that on the curriculum. Until schools introduce spelling and grammar into high schools I doubt private OR public will get better.

FTR - I'm a public school student from K-12!

**Coming to you live from my iPhone**
    I'm talking basic spelling and grammar. Yanno...apostrophe in the word won't. That is not high school work, and believe me, it is taught!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I also need to vent!

Cld, wld, b, tks...you're not being charged to use vowels, you know!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub
    Last edited by Apple iPhart6; 11-05-2011 at 13:31.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (26-05-2011),Mezmerised  (12-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sahie View Post
    I also need to vent!

Cld, wld, b, tks...you're not being charged to use vowels, you know!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub
    Oh yes. I agree so much. I won't actually read posts that are written like that.