Closed Thread
Page 72 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Are instead of our... Just saw it written in a thread on here!!!
    I have a friend in America who does this! Drives me insane! I think he pronounces it that way, but that still doesn't excuse it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I keep seeing 'discusting' and it makes me I mean, really?!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBeee For This Useful Post:

beebs  (10-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBeee View Post
    I keep seeing 'discusting' and it makes me I mean, really?!
    that would be as bad as Congradulations! I see it on FB all the time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I keep hearing people say "es-static" instead of "ecstatic" - grrr....

DH deliberately says "greazy" instead of "greasy" just to upset me. He also says something is "about 20 mile" instead of "about 20 miles" for the same reason. I think it's his favourite sport...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah, don't you love this time of year (and September) - all the different (read: wrong!) Mothers' Day options. The number of posters in stores that are wrong drive me crazy. I used to proofread our catalogues at work and argued every time with the printer about it. He called me the apostrophe n*zi (please don't start about how offensive it is to use that word).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and Lambjam, love your May tip! If only people would consider changing it to a female and testing it out if they didn't know. You wouldn't say 'hers going over there' so don't say 'his going over there'

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezmerised View Post
    Ah, don't you love this time of year (and September) - all the different (read: wrong!) Mothers' Day options. The number of posters in stores that are wrong drive me crazy. I used to proofread our catalogues at work and argued every time with the printer about it. He called me the apostrophe n*zi (please don't start about how offensive it is to use that word).
    I'm of three minds about this one. As each has a valid meaning, I'm actually happy to accept any version (Mothers, Mother's or Mothers') as long as the person intends the meaning they are conveying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I won't accept "Mothers Day" and shudder when I see it in catalogues. Until this year I've always happily called it "Mother's Day" being that I only had one mother! Now that I have a MIL and am spending the day with both mothers, I suppose I should call it "Mothers' Day"!

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sahie View Post
    I won't accept "Mothers Day" and shudder when I see it in catalogues. Until this year I've always happily called it "Mother's Day" being that I only had one mother! Now that I have a MIL and am spending the day with both mothers, I suppose I should call it "Mothers' Day"!
    It's not my preference, but I can't say it's categorically incorrect. It's the same as saying "Children Day", which would indicates that the day is about children, rather than belonging to them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's probably been said in here before but spelling 'definitely' wrong really irks me. Most of the time I see 'definately'. Most common incorrectly spelled word, apparently.