Closed Thread
Page 21 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    lambjam, I luffs you. I luffs you with all my heart and I want to be your new best friend and talk until the end of time about the kind of murderous rage one feels upon hearing 'irregardless' (not to mention 'ironical') and the misuse of the apostrophe and how many different ways there are to pronounce 'ough' and, oh, so many things!

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What a lovely thread to wake up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    Also, Lambjam, can you do a lere my lesson on semicolons one month (or now)? They are my weakness.
    Gladly! I'm a big fan of the semicolon, although I admit I only started using them regularly in the past couple of years. This is a lovely site, I think the most important rule is to use them after a complete sentence. So "I went to the show; my favourite ride was the dodgems." would be fine. You write a complete sentence, then everything after the colon enhances what you wrote before it. Does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by wondergirl76 View Post
    Lol I just remembered a real estate sign near my house. It's attached to a shop, and says "guilt edged property". I laugh so much when I walk past. I don't think I want a property that makes me feel awful thanks.
    I think it's safe to say that the worst mistakes I've seen have consistently come from real estate signs and advertisements. When we sold our house a few years ago I was so pedantic about checking everything before it was published!

Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    lambjam, I luffs you. I luffs you with all my heart and I want to be your new best friend and talk until the end of time about the kind of murderous rage one feels upon hearing 'irregardless' (not to mention 'ironical') and the misuse of the apostrophe and how many different ways there are to pronounce 'ough' and, oh, so many things!
    Oh, my dream date. I'll be there with BFF t-shirts, marker pens (for adding missing apostrophes to shop signs) and white out (for removing superfluous ones).

P.S. Ironical... Can we also talk about the constant misuse of "ironic"? To get us started we could listen to Alanis Morissette for examples of what not to say.

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Overuse Of Capital Letters Gets To Me.

I am not perfect - and my grammar is definitely slipping, but I am trying!(!!!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    'alright'.

It's not one word, it's not one word!

All right.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BabelFish For This Useful Post:

KimInMellie  (03-03-2011)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    'Thankyou'.

It's not one word, it's not one word!

Thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no, i write alright all the time - i thought that was right.
    *mental note to self: all right is two words*

Thanks Babelfish

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

naebie  (04-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MunchiesMummy View Post
    OMG it ISN'T for all intensive purposes???????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!

The horror alright haha - I always!!!!! say that!!!!!!!

And sorry about the exclamations people - I know that annoys some of you and that they are probably not used correctly!!

I cant believe it is for all intents and purposes!!!! Ha ha how freaking embarrassing!
    don't worry, i used to think "there's no rhyme or reason" was "there's no rhymal reason"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    I think Yat-ala sounds so much nicer than Yat-la. I've always wanted to say it like that, but assume it'll meet opposition.

Do you say too-wong as well.
    You mean you DON'T?!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hehe i bet i am one of the posters who drives you all insane

I actually HATE bad spelling and pronunciation but when it comes to typing, because I think so fast and I generally don't have a great deal of time to spare when I'm online or I'm just too tired, I generally don't bother correcting my errors or using correct grammer.

So, when you read my posts and want to tear your hair out (or shuld i say tair your hairs out lol) I'm sorry

But, I HATE HATE HATE the whole he's/his fiasco...OH MY GOD
    And I HATE YOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! "do yous have anything on tonight" NO NO NO!

Funny story, a friend of a friend of mine got a tattoo across her back, nice and big, something "deep & poetic" about losing faith or something..anywho she spelt "lose" as "LOOSE" too funny!!! I cannot believe the tattooist didnt warn her haha!

Another that gets to me is FIL says "MRMA" ITS N RMA!!!

And DF always says "caculating"... grrr

ETA: Oh and yes, I too hate the congraDulations/congraDs....DUR
    Last edited by FloatingFairy; 03-03-2011 at 08:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nucular!!!

I can't believe they actually said that in an episode of NCIS... sigh... And I had so much respect for McGee until then...