Closed Thread
Page 15 of 99 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Ah, and thank you for reminding me... it is now time for the March tip!
    May I make a suggestion??

March Tip: "His" means "belonging to him" NOT "he is".

AAARGHHHHH!!!

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    May I make a suggestion??

March Tip: "His" means "belonging to him" NOT "he is".

AAARGHHHHH!!!
    April, I promise .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh ok then yes I don't mind your March one ... I suppose ...

My DD does this. It's so cute. Not in the `and I' context but just uses `I' where she should say `me'.

This morning she said `Look at I, Mummy!'. But then hey, she's only 2.5 and can say sentences like `Mummy, when I went to the beach with Granny yesterday we saw a lizard, and it scared us a bit. Actually, it scared us a lot'.

So, yanno, I'm not too worried!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    My DD does this. It's so cute. Not in the `and I' context but just uses `I' where she should say `me'.

This morning she said `Look at I, Mummy!'. But then hey, she's only 2.5 and can say sentences like `Mummy, when I went to the beach with Granny yesterday we saw a lizard, and it scared us a bit. Actually, it scared us a lot'.

So, yanno, I'm not too worried!!
    No, I certainly wouldn't worry about that! However I do worry when my son is self-conscious about writing it correctly in his homework because he knows that his teacher thinks it's a rule that one should never use "and me".
    Last edited by lambjam; 01-03-2011 at 16:40.

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    where are these tips? that sounds like my kind of page

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by .mpeg View Post
    where are these tips? that sounds like my kind of page
    There's no page, it's just me writing random tips up near my avatar. I'm anal enough about this that I keep a list on my iPhone that I hope one day to turn into a book. No-one will buy it, but I will have had my say.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

share a book  (01-03-2011)

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    There's no page, it's just me writing random tips up near my avatar. I'm anal enough about this that I keep a list on my iPhone that I hope one day to turn into a book. No-one will buy it, but I will have had my say.
    ahhh i see. or, as dp would say, my see. dunno what it is with her putting an 'm' on the beginning of things.. she'll say things like 'my back' for 'i'm back' as well. not all the time, just enough to be really annoying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I find I notice spelling mistakes, know that they are "wrong" but don't know how to spell it correctly. Irks me because I am eternally frustrated and can't fix it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would be one of those people for making mistakes, this thread doesn't offend me I love it . I hope I didn't make no mistakes :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vegemite View Post
    This one annoys me too, and when people (mostly my DH) pronounce castle as 'cass-el' rather than 'cah-sel'.

I worked with a girl who was studying speech pathology and she told me that it was a topic of discussion in one of her tutorials. She said she nearly flipped her lid at all of the people saying cassel because she believes its the other way! They did a poll though and it seemed split down the middle, and the lecturer said it really just comes down to dialect. Even knowing that though, it still makes me cringe everytime I hear it!
    My DH is from the north of England and he uses a few phrases that are regionally accepted terms but are grammatically incorrect. My personal favourite is "She were going" instead of "She was going" and "We was going" instead of "We were going."

Quote Originally Posted by EmyB View Post
    Ooh Hayley Lewis is the WORST for pronounciation! On Biggest Loser she always says "afficially" instead of "officially". Drives me MAD!!
    She is a shocker.

What was it the George from Masterchef kept saying incorrectly?

BTW the Ford oh-ten car ad kills me. It is 2010 or just 10.