+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default OPK Positive, then negative, then positive. When did ovulation occur

So I am really confused about when O happened this month and would like to know what you think!

So on Thursday I did an OPK and was supposed to check it within 5 min, but I got busy and couldnt check it till 10 min later which by that time it was positive. So I did another one later on which came up positive within the time frame. Friday negative OPK. I got O cramps on Saturday and then had another positive OPK, tested again later on and it was positive too.

Anyway so I dont know when O would have happened. I have never had this happen before, Why would I get a positive, then negative then positive within 3 days.

When do you think O occurred??

Thanking you in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Once you get a positive OPK you should stop doing OPK's for that cycle. I would go with the Thursday positive being accurate. A positive OPK means you will ovulate within the next 32 hours, so if you felt O pain on Saturday, it's likely it happened then - however don't rely on O pain. O pain can occur before, during, or prior to ovulation.

Good luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

Cherished  (28-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou CazGotHam , Its never happened before, Usually once I get the positive then the next few days are always negative so I was very confused this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Perhaps you geared up to ovulate then didn't (with the first pos)?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to magic star For This Useful Post:

Cherished  (28-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Give it another week and then do an HPT. A positive OPK after ovulation can be a good sign

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a look on the net and you could be right silverspoon. I thought O may have happened Saturday as I had the cramping and some spotting. I just hope we DTD on the right days

Thanks Caz, but I have promised myself that I will not test until AF is late. Just under 2 weeks to go

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Newbie

Hi im a newbie Df and i have decided to start trying last month and I am so confused had a positive OPK result on the 12th day of cycle the 13th day was negative and today the 14th day also negative. My cycle is usually spot on been bd pretty much everyday this month so fingers crossed. Should i keep trying or would i have O on the 12th day?