+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My mum is gay. She isn't butch by any means, but she isn't girly either. Daggy is more the word. I don't think this girl's appearance and hygiene have anything to do with her mother being gay, more just laziness. What I find offensive about this, sorry, is that if her parents were straight no one would blame their sexuality, but because her mum is gay that could be the reason. Gay people are exactly the same as straight people. Some are good parents, some are crap. Just because they sleep with the same sex doesn't make their brains different.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Alphabetsoup  (10-04-2012),babyla  (10-04-2012),gizmoduckus  (27-02-2011),Veritas  (27-02-2011),White Mage  (27-02-2011)

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wondergirl76 View Post
    What I find offensive about this, sorry, is that if her parents were straight no one would blame their sexuality, but because her mum is gay that could be the reason. Gay people are exactly the same as straight people. Some are good parents, some are crap. Just because they sleep with the same sex doesn't make their brains different.
    Couldn't agree more!

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wondergirl76 View Post
    My mum is gay. She isn't butch by any means, but she isn't girly either. Daggy is more the word. I don't think this girl's appearance and hygiene have anything to do with her mother being gay, more just laziness. What I find offensive about this, sorry, is that if her parents were straight no one would blame their sexuality, but because her mum is gay that could be the reason. Gay people are exactly the same as straight people. Some are good parents, some are crap. Just because they sleep with the same sex doesn't make their brains different.
    Agreed! My mums actually have pretty good fashion sense ( but us three girls get daggy after having kids haha)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am in a same sex relationship with my fiance and she has a 9yr old girl from a previous relationship who I consider my own daughter, she calls me mum and my partner mummy.
    For a while she started to dress alot like me as i don't dress as feminine as my partner and she has now started to come into her own and dress as she likes to dress. We are now expecting our second and hit the big 12 weeks next week and I believe both are children will not lack in anything by having 2 mothers.

Our children will be loved uncondtionally and have everything they need we have a very open household and are very accepting of all families which ever way they may work.

I think the girl you are trying to help is the way she is due to a lack of being taught these things by her parent and I don't think it has anything to do with her mum being gay.
    I was told by our daughters before and after school care that our daughter was a pleasure to have and was one of the best presented and well dressed and looked after kids they had going there its just a matter or teacher our children about cleanliness and presentation not whether we are gay or not

6. The Following User Says Thank You to naysquared For This Useful Post:

White Mage  (10-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was raised in a hetro relationship... I can't do a cartwheel, braid hair, put makeup on nicely, have NO idea about fashion... My sister is the complete opposite!
    Some people just a girly and some aren't.
    If this girl doesn't feel comfortable in dresses etc then she shouldn't be forced or made to feel ugly by choosing not to wear them.

Just because we have vaginas doesn't mean we all have to dress the same and love everything girly.

Give me pants & a tee anyday

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AppleIsleSMum For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (10-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    This exactly. Well said beetle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pfft I know a lot of 18 year olds with hygiene issues, I think it comes with being a teenager. None of them have same sex parents.
    I had crap fashion sense at 15, spent most of my days in dungerees, are you going to blame that on my mother being straight?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it may be the parent herself not the fact she is gay. My little boy is being raised by 2woman and I can tell u he is very clean! I also have friends who are a couple (hetro) and they have the worst hygine ever!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Considering the girl is 18 this may have absolutely nothing to do with her parents