+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Were you raised by a homosexual couple? what was your experience?

I am wanting more experiences with regards to this. I have had to care for someone recently who was raised by her lesbian mother and I have come to some conclusions I would like to have challenged.

what was your experience?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I haven't, but Trishalicious (or Trishaluscious, as I like to call her) had two Mummies. I'm sure she would be happy to share. I think from some things she's said on here it was fab.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ha ha, maybe you should start by expressing these conclusions and see what happens

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Deserama For This Useful Post:

jacobsmamma  (10-04-2012)

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Well in years to come you can ask my daughter... She considers dp her second mummy, and that was her choice of words....

She is a happy healthy 4 yr old... She has plenty of fantastic role models, both male and female, and two caregivers that adore her

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Veritas For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (26-02-2011),Pax  (26-02-2011),twotrunks  (26-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    I am wanting more experiences with regards to this. I have had to care for someone recently who was raised by her lesbian mother and I have come to some conclusions I would like to have challenged.

what was your experience?
    Surely you wouldn't generalise based on one experience/ case??

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lateralus For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (26-02-2011),gizmoduckus  (26-02-2011),jacobsmamma  (10-04-2012)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    I haven't, but Trishalicious (or Trishaluscious, as I like to call her) had two Mummies. I'm sure she would be happy to share. I think from some things she's said on here it was fab.
    yup, i have two mums.
    i cant really compare as my dad passed away when i was young, then mum fell in love with her best friend.
    the only 'unusual' thing about us is that we all married/engage older men (dh is 8 years older, my little sis' ex fiance was 13 years older)
    do you have specific questions?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to trishalishous For This Useful Post:

Pax  (26-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My father is gay.

I visited him every second weekend, and it was always alot of fun.

They had 5 kids over every 2nd weekend. Me, my 2 younger sisters, and my Dad's partner's 2 kids, One being 7yrs older then me, and the other being the same age as my youngest sister.

So in order.

M (13) Me (6) C (3) D (1) M(1)

We all consider each other step siblings now, as they have been together for 20yrs.

The eldest Matt, ended up moving in with them in his early teens, and stayed with them til he was able to move out in his early 20's

I lived with them for 9 months.

And my youngest step sister, moved in with them when she was 14, and still does.
    She also had a baby at the tender age of 15, and they helped her raise her son.

My Dad and Uncle, spent alot of their time trying to have fun with us, while they could.
    We went everywhere. Holidays, Restaurants, the lot.

It never weirded us out, it never seem strange, and oddly, I was more open with them, then I could ever be with my mother.
    They taught me acceptance.

We went to the Gay and Lesbian festival that was held at Alexander Gardens every summer. And we all enjoyed the sights, sounds and the bright colors, and everyone was always genuinely happy.

The only down side I had, was how everyone else seemed to react when they found out I had a gay father.
    I spent alot of my high school years being teased.

As much as my Dad and I don't talk as much as we used to. Due to him becoming a giant grumpy old fart.
    I think it's cool to have a gay parent.

People are concerned that them being gay may rub out on us kids. But we are all very straight.
    The eldest Matt, has 2 kids and one step kid, and is now happily married.

I am married and with 1 kid

C is engaged and is getting married next year.

D is together with a great guy

and little M has one son, and is still living with our dad's with her partner, and is now pregnant with no2, and due in 3 weeks.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (26-02-2011),ontheway  (26-02-2011),Pax  (26-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure you could come to any conclusions based on one lesbian couple any more than you could based on one heterosexual couple.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrs Nietzsche For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (26-02-2011),Lillynix  (26-02-2011)

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    i agree, it's not as simple as that. one kid is not enough to base conclusions on. theories, absolutely. but not conclusions.
    i'd be interested in knowing these theories though. to know whether our future kids will be damaged or whatever

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leeee For This Useful Post:

Lillynix  (26-02-2011),ontheway  (26-02-2011)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    mpeg, im more damaged by the time mum dropped us at school in her nighty/slippers/dressing gown, and the car broke down in the drop off bay, than by any comment ive ever had regarding her sexuality.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trishalishous For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (26-02-2011),GlitterFarts  (10-04-2012),ontheway  (26-02-2011)