Panadol! Its a case of people not reading dosages correctly eg. read 0.4ml as 4.0ml, mum giving a dose and then dad giving a dose as well, giving too many doses within 24hrs, giving it to bubs when they are a bit grizzly and don't actually need it, giving it to bubs just in case they have a reaction to needles etc. Apparently because people don't consider it a poison, a lot of people are very lax about it.
I can't remember exactly what she said about eucalyptus oil poisoning but she did say it could burn their nostrils and their throat if swallowed.