+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on ur pregnancy, and u will be fine, my babies have an 11mth age gap between them and no-body was more unprepared than me. I had totally given up on the idea of having kids with my Pcos. Then two babies in a year, I look back now and remember about all the things that I used to worry about but in the end they get on great! Ds is now 20mths and 2nd Ds is 9mths, they play, eat, bath, sleep and get bum changes together I was so shocked getting preggers in the first place and now that I have two little munchkins I can't believe how much my life has changed, such a blessing! Congrats again, it's amazing how strong you can be when you have to be

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congratulations!

I fell pregnant with DD when DS1 was 4 months. THere is 13 and a half months between them.

It was hard being pregnant and already hving a baby - no two ways about it.

And it was hard having two babies at the same time (especially as i was recovering from a c/section).

But now they are best friends and wouldnt be without each other. They fight, of course. But they make a great team.

Having DD when DS1 was so young, he has grown up with her and doesnt really know any different. Now i have had ds2 3 or 4 years later and it has been a much bigger adjustment for the kids as they re older and are more aware of what is going on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations!

My DH is the youngest of 5 (all boys) - he is a twin and there is aother set of twins too When he & his twin were born that made 5 of them under 5!! I don't know how his parents coped, but they did . And you will too! Bright side is that they'll be close enough in age to play together and really entertain each other.

I had a friend at school and her brother was only a year older than us - it was great as we were kind of all friends together.
    Last edited by peoniesarepretty; 03-06-2011 at 15:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI there,
    My two boys are 11 months apart exactly! My second was a premmie so it was hard at the start with feeding etc then it became easier, then harder as soon as DS2 became mobile!! even still they are 1 and 2 now and logistically getting around is difficult! However, I am starting to notice it is becomming easier! Also we had no jealousy issues at all and the boys sleep in the same room and won't go to sleep unless the other is in there! My 2 year old really looks out for his brother and I know they will be best friends! They both nap at the same time, which is great! I really focused on getting them to nap at the same time and by the time my youngest was 3mths they were both having a 2-3hr nap in the arvo. I made it a top priority to get them to nap at the same time!!
    I think that you just have to relax and enjoy it! The early days are a blur to me but it goes so quick!! I think it is probably harder than twins as you have two babies at different stages! It does get easier! Just enjoy it so many people said to me it will be hard etc etc one midwife told me she had two babies 14mths apart and 'its not easy' don't let comments like that stress you out, you may find it a breeze and if it is hard, its only such a short time in life! Just accept that some days you may not get out of the house! or you will be in your pjs all day!! looking back I wish I enjoyed those days more and didn't try and do so much else! Just enjoy it, enjoy staying home all day in your pjs and get out of the house when you can! If you can't cook dinner eat takeaway! It is so great having them close when they are older! Already my boys are play mates!! my DS2 will be so lost when DS! is at school (although we will have another!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    My twins will only be 11 months old when this new baby is born. Heaven help me - but I'm still happy about it! Thank god bub is a girl. My daughter B is so much easier than her twin brother.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations! I have 3 little boys who are very close in age. There is only 7.5 months between the youngest two and 14 months between the eldest and second child. I love it! There is so much they can share and "hand down". They are emotionally really close and loving toward each other. I am worried about having 3 boys in prep and yr. 1 at the same time though. They also gang up on me when they are misbehaving! They are now aged 3 and 2. Oh, and getting them all in and out of the car together is a mission!