+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tam-I-Am is offline Winner 2009 - Most Helpful Member Award
    Winner 2007 The most helpful moderator/admin award
    2008 AWARD WINNER - The most polite member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank You
    Gosh your kids are adorable, MrsN!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tam-I-Am For This Useful Post:

Mrs Nietzsche  (25-04-2011)

MyFourCubs is offline MyThreeCubs plus one- I am the luckiest Mum in the world...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine are 15 mths apart. They also toilet trained at exactly the same time!!

It IS full on, no doubt about it- however it is easier in many respects because as a PP said, they both still nap- best tip i can give you is, as soon as you can get them having at least one big sleep at the same time- it will save your sanity!!! Mine are also best friends. They do fight, for sure but ultimately they are each others personal playmate.

Difficult thing for us will be next year when Ds goes to school but dd doesn't... NOT looking forward to that!!

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Mine are 13 months apart.

I have twins first..

then I had Gabe, and 13months after him had Julian.

Honestly, I didn't find it that hard. The hardest bit I think was between 18months-2yrs /2.5-3 yrs... coz the older one wants to play with the younger one, and the younger one just isn't up to it yet...

But now, at 2.5 and 3.5 they are the best of buddies.

some pics :
    here
    bookcase
    this was in 2009

when Jude was a newborn...with daddy and Gabe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    linjks didnt wotrlk oj

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have 13 months between my first two kids.

I was terrified at first. The prospect of having 2 "babies" was so daunting. I was so unsure of myself as a parent and doubted I would be capible of the challenge. Throw in severe hypermesis and my 2nd pregnancy was a nightmare.
    The worst thing was my own self doubt.
    Once I got over that and started telling myself I can do this, the positive just out weighed the negetive.
    My DS and DD are so close. I love watching them interact. Despite the incredible personality differences they are the best of mates. DS is feircy protective of his little sister.
    I don't feel either of them has missed out on anything. Granted with 3 kids it's a constant juggling act but we do the best we can and we survive!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to decambla For This Useful Post:

twofornow  (28-04-2011)

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    thanks! I've changed privacy settings... so should work now.

MagicalLeopluradon is offline Shun the non believer shunnnn shunnnnnn
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thought I would share a pic of my boys taken a few days ago at Easter, my eldest turned 2 on the 6th April and DS2 is 14 months tomorrow, they are 10.5 months apart.

Loving this age, they play together all the time.

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/t..._1138457_n.jpg

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We need a "like" button for that pic. They're lovely.

Predictive spelling courtesy of my iPhone.

MagicalLeopluradon is offline Shun the non believer shunnnn shunnnnnn
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awww cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there

You have received great advice on here so far but I thought it can't hurt to tell you about my experience!

My DS and DD are 13.5 months apart! Was not planned this way and took some getting used to. (they are now 3.5 and 2.5). Up until 6 months ago I would tell anyone who asked to never ever have this age gap, its exhausting, full on etc...I have to admit that I think I was very wrong to put forward this opinion so strongly.

I now realise that majority of the reason I found it so hard was all to do with MY expectations and slight OCD tendencies rather than the age gap itself. Sure it was hard at times ( I actually found it hardest once my youngest was on the move - up until then it was ok as I had quite good sleepers). There are up and downsides to all age gaps! However if you are a perfectionist and worry about house work and how clean/well groomed your kids are then you will have a harder time. I also found being at home full time with 2 very young kids isolating, whereas some people are home bodies and love being at home all day with their little ones.

So basically what I am trying to say is, if you are like me (and I am SO much better now, worry a lot less about keeping up appearences and now spend a lot more time concentrating on what matters - the kids!!!) Stop stressing about all that stuff and try and get out of the house every day. By this I mean a walk to the park or the coffee shop with a friend etc...Exercise always made me feel better! I also didnt have any family help once DD turned 11 months and found it very hard to attend appointments etc..My kids now attend family day care one day a week (which they love, my carer is beyond fantastic) and gives me a break to attend appointments etc...and they have a ball and make new friends. I really wish I had of done this once my youngest turned 1 as that was my hardest year. I am also now taking them to swimming lessons and I find that getting out and about has been really good for me and the kids!

I recently ran into an old school friend who will have a close gap and rather than tell her what I normally would have, I said if you relax and just get done the essentials you will enjoy it more and create a lot less stress for yourself. She happens to be the complete opposite to me so I am sure will find it easy! There are some great positives, my kids adore each other (99% of the time)

Also the advice someone gave about taking each moment as it comes is VERY true! Keep that one at the ready its very good advice! Good luck its still very exciting!