+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    JellybeanInc is offline Ready and waiting for the learning curve
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I have a 4 month old and am pregnant - how will I make this work? Scared.

So, I found out this morning I'm pregnant with number 2. DS has just turned 4 months, so there will be 14 months between them. I'd wanted to wait until DS was about 12 months old before TTC but it hasn't worked out that way.

I have no idea how I'm going to cope. DS is just coming good after months of colic and reflux and sleepless nights. If baby #2 is anything like that I don't know what I'll do. I haven't even told DH yet. I'm sure he'll take it well, but I just need time to get my head around it first.

Anyone out there been through something similar? I guess I just need to know that it CAN be done, because I'm a little bit freaked out at the moment.

Thanks Ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    im single and fell pregnant with number 2 when DD was 4 months also. im 14weeks at the moment, and even more scared because i dont have a partner, though im pregnant to the same father.
    i have heard other people say that it is kind of easier because the babies are both having day time naps still and when they are out of nappies, it is good because you wont have one older and one little one still in them... get it out of the way early. im scared too, but no time for that, gotta make it work!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to experience88 For This Useful Post:

JellybeanInc  (20-02-2011),Mrs Nietzsche  (25-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Congrats
    I have 15 months between my last two and you will be suprised how well you will cope
    My biggest tip, to get a routine that works for you and it helped getting them to nap at same times.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hokey Pokey For This Useful Post:

CrazyJs  (25-04-2011),JellybeanInc  (20-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have 16 months between my girls. I won't deny that it wasn't tough in the beginning (DD2 was a refluxer) but if you try and get a routine (flexible) routine happening and engage as much support in the beginning is my best advice. There will be good days and bad, but you have them no matter what the age difference between kids. My girls are close now and it is great.
    Your new baby may just be a dream baby so try not to stress about it being like #1 as it may not be anything like your first Good luck

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheeky Little Monkey For This Useful Post:

JellybeanInc  (20-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have 14 months between my babies. Dd is 5 months and ds is 19 months. I won't lie it's been really difficult but every day it gets easier and easier.

When I found out I was pregnant again so soon after having ds my first reaction was to cry for 2 days... I was still in those early baby days where things are hard but it gets easier and easier the older they get (well that's what everyone has told me that has older kids so close together... I'm still waiting ).

Good luck with it....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have 13 months between 3 and 4.. and I think it was an absolute breeze.

Gabe was too young to be jealous or rough with the baby. They were both napping at the same time.

And now that they are 2.5 and 3.5 they are the absolute best little mates.

The hardest thing I found was trying to put them to bed... coz they would both get cranky at the same time, but usually I'd just send DH off with a bottle for Gabe as he wasn't breastfed by that point.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to OJandMe For This Useful Post:

JellybeanInc is offline Ready and waiting for the learning curve
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the pep talk! I told DH last night and he's actually excited. He thinks it will be great to have 2 kids so close together in age, especially if it's a brother for DS.

I guess I'll just take it as it comes, and as DH said, it's not like we're going to know any different. For us it will just be 'normal'. So long as there's only one in there, not 2, I think we'll be right!

Also, there will only be 12 months and 2 weeks between them, not 14 like I thought. No idea where I got 14 from? I'm starting to warm to the idea and get a bit excited now too

Thanks
    Reviews

Default You can do it!!!

I am currently preg with number 2 there will be 17months between mine, as your baby gets old it will get easier I never believed when they said this either but it really does. When bubba is in his/her routine sleeping well you will then get into a rhythm.

At 4 months its still early on but its amazing what another 9months will do for you.
    Obviously having 2 small children will be challenging and like all mums there will be "those days"

Its a exciting journey just focus on all the wonderful positives they will have each other growing up, they will be into the same things, playmates and the joy of having 2 beautiful bubbas to share your love with

Wish you all the best xxx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kandy For This Useful Post:

JellybeanInc  (24-02-2011)

MagicalLeopluradon is offline Shun the non believer shunnnn shunnnnnn
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey

There is 10.5 months between my two boys and I found it really easy!!!! For the first 3 months all DS2 did was sleep so I was still able to spend time with DS1, they started having day naps together (when DS2 was 4 months) at the same time, bath together at the same time (from 3-4 months). I found it easier adjusting to 2 kids than I did with 1.

They are now 12 months and 23 months, they play together, my youngest follows his big brother everywhere, they both sleep from 11am-2pm every day (if we are home), have their baths together, dinner together - all meals together.

Good luck and if you need any advice, feel free to PM me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 12 months between mine and love the gap... Im finding it a problem now as DD was diagnosed PDD-NOS and DS Autism, main problem i have is appointments.. they both have soo many per week and i study and work..

Besides that the small gap was perfect