+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Faint line on First Response test... am i pregnant or not?

Did a POAS this morning as we are going out tonight. A very faint second line is visible... dunno what to think. I could see it within a minute of testing now as it has dried (about 1hr later) the line is still there but fainter - my hubby can only just see it. Has anyone had experiance with a first response test showing a faint second line when they are not pregnant?
    I dont know whether to get excited or not... If i am UTD i am only very early as i think im only 7/8 days DPO unless i ovulated earlier in my cycle than i think.

Tempted to go buy more tests but not sure if anything will show without first morning pee.

BoyCrazy is offline <MY SWEET BABY GIRL HARPER 9 MONTHS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    if it came up within the first 10mins and is pink id say yes u are preg.

i got a faint line with afternoon pee at 8dpo with a first response too!

id go get more tests!!!!

eta can you take a pic of it and post it up here?

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my 3rd pregnancy I only got a faint line with any brand test I did. You can only take results from the time you did them because they are not accurate over a certain time. So if you had a faint line at the right time I would say you are but if it only came up after an hour I would say you need to test again cause it could be false

Thanks
    Reviews
    line tests do my head in - go buy a digital one.. you can't question it when it says 'pregnant' or 'not pregnant' !!

I'd say you are though!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont think the line will show in a photo. I can give it a go with the macro setting but the line is so faint im not sure it will be visible.

The line is definately pink but is so faint im almost tempted to say its BFN... Im waiting for the chemist to open so i can buy more tests although i live in a little town with a limited selection of tests. I want another first response test as they seem to be the best but i think i may need to drive to the next town.

Hubby and I will be very happy if we are expecting. We already have an 18 month old and she is the most amazing little person - would be great to give her a little brother or sister.

BoyCrazy is offline <MY SWEET BABY GIRL HARPER 9 MONTHS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    first response are definately the best for early testing..especially if you are only 7 or 8dpo. id definately get more of them...the digital ones require u to be 'late' for a period, so an accurate result might not show up on those yet.

all the best!! woolies and coles stock first response too btw

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BoyCrazy For This Useful Post:

Giggle&Hoot  (19-02-2011)

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I got incredibly faint lines with DS2 and DS3. So faint you had to hold them on a certain angle in the right light to see them lol but they were most certainly positive oh and they were first response tests too.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Myztik For This Useful Post:

Giggle&Hoot  (19-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The line was visible within 2 minutes of doing it, but it was very faint.

Will a digital one work if im testing before my period is due? I only tested this morning because we are going to a 30th tonight and i didnt want to drink if it was possible i am pregnant. I dont think AF is due until the 26th of Feb.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got a very faint line with first response I was 3 weeks and 1 day it hardly visible but it was there!!

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...n/0bb6de18.jpg

This is it!!
    Two days later it was heaps darker I am now 12 and a half weeks pregnant!! Congratulations on your faint but none the less BFP!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies I think im allowing myself to become excited now
    Im still off to buy another test though... Looks like im off to coles - hope i need to pee by the time i get back lol