+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Did you or your baby suffer the side effects of drugs in birth?

I know mine did. After a csection under a general due to complete placenta previa my son was born not breathing and without a pulse.

I had an epidural with my daughters vaginal birth, I got the shakes and it raised my tempreture.

What were your experiences?

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had an epidural and my vision was blurry after the birth, but I can't say for sure that it was the epi - it could have been from blood loss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My ds and i both had high fevers from epidural. Caused lots of problems

This bub i got a migraine from the synto, but bub is a champ, no problems at all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I only had gas, so no, there was no effect on me or DS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I was crazy itchy from the morphine I had after Jasper was born and woke up with my while body covered in scratches because I'd been scratching in my sleep. Of course during pregnancy I broke my nail biting habit briefly and grew beautiful long nails... Woops. Ouch.

During labour I had sleeping tablets, panadiene fort, then gas and lastly an epidural for the csection.

Jasper was beautifully alert and wide awake when he was born and he just stayed awake feeding and looking around for about 2+ hours. The nurses kept commenting how alert he was. He then snuggled in and slept pretty much through his first night. Woke and slept and was cruisey and happy the whole time in hospital

Haha I said that babies were heaps easier than I expected. Bahahahahahahahahahaha. Oh my! Too funny

Thanks
    Reviews
    J was born blue & non responsive. Whether that was from the GA or not, we dont know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I still can't feel the side of my left leg from my epidural. It was 11 years ago that I had it!
    My last birth was completely natural and the difference in recovery was huge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep dd heart was dropping with every contraction. I got a temp and started vomiting. Dd hb dropped so much and with me being induced to hurry the labour up (1 days of labour 5 days of pre labour) they did an emergency c section. I was lucky that they did the epidural before they started inducing me. That in itself took 45 mins to get done. But I'm lucky that once dd was out she was fine. I got an infection though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was sick after each birth and the last one I was the worst and had the shakes and temp and didn't even want to hold bubs i felt so unwell but the ob said that might have been because of an infection. I also had pethadine for the whole night before my first birth.
    I had an epi each time and had a sharp stabbing pain in my back each time I rested it on something near where the needle went into my back (this is a common complaint) but it went on for months after each birth.
    My bubs however were all alert and fine.
    I dont think any of my problems would make me not want to have the epi tho as I dont think the midwives could have helped me enough to have a drug free birth sad but true

Guest Guest
    I had a fever so ds had one when born. This is common with long labours that fail to progress. Apart from that he scored perfectly and was very alert, fed straight away, slept well. The only thing he had was mild jaundice but it didn't cause any problems.
    I had an epi and a spinal.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

syed2011  (18-02-2011)