+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nude By Nature trial is BS! So mad!

I signed up for that 'free' Nude By Nature trial that is always being advertised.

Anyhow, how it works is that they send the entire range to try, then if you don't send it back in 16 days they charge you $229. They explain this to you after they have already sucked you in with their 'free trial' offer.

They also charge you $9.95 postage and handling initially. I really only wanted to try the foundation, primer and finishing veil but you can't do it that way...You have to get the whole kit.

Anyway, I still decided to get it because the lady on the phone told me they were all full sized products, not sample sized. So I figured that I could just keep the products I wanted and sell the rest cheaply on ebay. That way I could recoup at least some of the money.

Anyway, the kit arrived yesterday and they ARE NOT full sized products. The foundation is 8g (full size is 15g), the bronzer is 4g (full size is 12g), and the finishing veil is 3g (full size is 12g). Plus none of those three were even in boxes.

I was planning on selling the bronzer because I don't use bronzer anyway, but nope, can't. Its only sample sized.

I wanted the foundation and finishing veil, but even if I really like them, they're only little sample sizes.

So I'd be paying $229 (getting maybe half that back on ebay) to find out that yes, I do like the foundation and finishing veil, but now I have to go out and spend more money on full size ones anyway???!!

So I rang them today to find out what was going on and I sat in queue for 10 minutes then got a recorded message telling me to leave my name and number and they would get back to me.

I left my name and number in the first place when I rang up about the trial and no one got back to me. I had to keep ringing. So the chances of them getting back to me this time are pretty slim.

I'm so p**sed off. I don't even want to try the products now. I just want to send them straight back. But if I do that I will be out of pocket $20 postage and handling for no good reason.

Anyway....I'm just writing this so that anyone else who is planning on getting this free trial knows exactly what they are getting. Because they DO NOT tell you that on the phone.
    Last edited by Pulp Fiction; 18-02-2011 at 09:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id send them back and cut my losses
    Me+Him=
    DS July 2009
    DD homebirthed July 2011

3. The Following User Says Thank You to The Fox For This Useful Post:

*Cj* (18-02-2011)

Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe call the Fair Trading people and tell them about it? Sounds pretty dodgy.
    ~Administrator~
    single mummy to
    DS1 11 * DS2 7 * DS3 3
    "..consequences dictate, course of action then it, doesn't matter what's right, It's only wrong if you get caught.."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztik For This Useful Post:

Gandalf (19-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sucks That is blatant false advertising - can you complain to the office of Fair Trading?
    Sometimes I'd buy Vogue instead of dinner. I just felt it fed me more.
    - Carrie Bradshaw

Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jynx Pinkzy
    ~Administrator~
    single mummy to
    DS1 11 * DS2 7 * DS3 3
    "..consequences dictate, course of action then it, doesn't matter what's right, It's only wrong if you get caught.."

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very dodgy to say it's full sized when it isn't
    Definitely contact fair trading if nude by nature don't get back to you asap with reasonable compensation.

OT but pinkzy i now have Ottos voice in my head "Stoners pot palace - that is blatant false advertising'

How's the serenity?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, when I was at the chemist they had the whole Nude Bay Nature range and I was adding it all up in my head to see how much it would cost. (The cost of the free trial kit $229) and it came to around $250 so I thought that at least there was some value to it.

BUT the products in the chemist were all full sized. And the ones in the kit aren't. SO....NOW I'm thinking that the total value of the free trial kit is way less that $229 anyway! Don't quote me on that though because I may not have worked it out correctly. But thats my suspicion. Plus you have to pay postage and handling with the free kit.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pulp Fiction For This Useful Post:

MrsMcD (11-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aww hun!!.. That sucks... I agree with Oscar though. Send it back and keep calling. Be persistant.

If you still find that you want to try it, I am pretty sure they sell it at Priceline. I brought it from there.. I liked it when i tried it at Priceline, but when i got it home, realised i didnt really like it that much. Its too heavy looking on my skin, and looks nice for photos, but upclose makes me look like a weirdo because you have to apply it heavily to make it "cover" everything.

Sucks that they werent truthful to you!!!

Baby - 6th March 2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i called up about it as my DD wanted it for Christmas. But there was no way i was paying that much for a make up for a teenager actually i wouldn't pay it for myself.

I had a bit of a Google and at Chrissy time they had a great package at terry white chemists where you got a full size mineral make up, a lip gloss, a small size of the primer, some various brushes all in a make up kit for $59,95 so i got her that instead.

She hates all the other products (and so do i, the lip gloss makes me get chapped lips) but the mineral foundation is good.

She is at her dads now but told me at one of the chemists they had a 2 for 1 on the mineral powder and that was just last week, so it might be worth your while checking out some of your local stockists for it.

BTW nude by nature has called me numerous times since Christmas urging me to take up the trial...upon Google'ing further i found a complaints site saying that people were having a hard time getting refunds from credit card charges, although they sent the items back...

Good Luck.
    DD1 14, DD2 8, DS 7, DS2 (Our Angel), DD3 3

Breast feeding, co sleeping, babywearing,BLW, TT, vaxxer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaw View Post

BTW nude by nature has called me numerous times since Christmas urging me to take up the trial...

Good Luck.
    Wanna swap? They won't call me back at all. I'm still waiting for a return phone call from the first time I left a message two weeks ago!

Yeah, I'm now thinking I should have just gotten it from a chemist or Priceline.

I'm going to tell them when I get through to absolutely NOT debit my credit card because I am sending it back. Good luck if they try to anyway. There is never any money on it unless I have expressly made a trip to the bank to deposit some.