+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Looking for an obstetrician - Mercy Hospital Perth

Hi there

We are moving to Perth in April and are due to have our third child in October. The Mercy hospital is close to where we are going to be living so I would like to go there, but I'm not sure which obstetrician to choose from their list. After 2 emergency c-sections I am going to go elective this time, so if anyone has any advice on which doctors are the best for this, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went through Dr Michael Gannon, he's lovely and very good. I had a vaginal delivery but I've been told he's fine for CS too. Good luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NewMamma For This Useful Post:

timetobeamum  (08-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thyer and Armstrong are also good. They have more spaces available as Gannon mainly delivers at subi (where his rooms are) and only has a couple of spots at mercy each month. From personal experience I wouldn't go with Clarke but other women say he's good.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tessergy For This Useful Post:

timetobeamum  (08-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can also try Dr Patrick Wu. My best friend is booked in with him. I think he was a concert pianist so should do a good job if you need a c-section.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to clevermum For This Useful Post:

Bridgydidge  (23-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaps for your replies I have managed to get in with Charles Armstrong, so looking forward to meeting him at our first appointment next month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I had Dr Armstrong as my ob for my dd last year. He was fantastic. Not the chattiest of people but answered all my questions and was great during her birth. I would definately use him again and recommend him to anyone.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to res79 For This Useful Post:

Bridgydidge  (09-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Bruce Thyer and Dr Donald Clark

Quote Originally Posted by tessergy View Post
    Thyer and Armstrong are also good. They have more spaces available as Gannon mainly delivers at subi (where his rooms are) and only has a couple of spots at mercy each month. From personal experience I wouldn't go with Clarke but other women say he's good.
    Hi Tessergy,
    We are due for our first late Oct/ early Nov 12
    Interested to know more re your opinion about Dr Clarke. So far I've only seen good stuff (forums) on him, and I must say I like the idea that he only really does very minimal scans (we only want the 9 week, 12 and 19, based on research done by king edward Hosp around lots of ultrasounds and small birthweights)
    Sorry, know this was a while ago so understand if you're not on the site much these days!! thankyou in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have heard Dr Clarke is very straight to the point, no nonsense.

For example he said to my friend:

"if you go into labour and Im called in the middle of the night, I wont know who you are until I get there and read your file".

She was fine with that but that is the complete opposite of the type of care I expected and received from Dr Gannon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Timetobeamum, I will attempt to private message you as I don't believe my tainted view should be posted on here. But yes, I would agree with Manny, very straight to the point, no emotion what so ever.
    Last edited by tessergy; 08-03-2012 at 23:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister used Armstrong and says she will use him again so she was happy with him. He has a cheaper admin fee than others that is why she went to him. Not why I would choose a doctor but so be it. My niece arrived safely although I think he induced to quickly and her face came out super bruised!

If the choice was mine there would only be Gannon on my list. He is excellent and although he is not my ob he is my bff's and so many of my other friends and I know his reputation.