+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mummabear is offline Gone.....and no doubt already forgotten
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think you're referring to Anti-D??

As PP said, if this is your first pregnancy then there is minimal risk to the baby if you do not have any internal bleeding during the pregnancy. I am R Neg blood type so have to have the Anti-D injections throughout pregnancy. The main concern is if you bleed during pregnancy and then if the baby has a Pos blood type and it crosses to you, your body can then 'attack' the next baby, which is why you have the anti-D after birth if they are pos. I've never had any problems, both my boys are Pos blood types & I'm on my third pregnancy. If you have your anti-d injections, notify your OB or doctor immediately if you have any bleeding and make sure it's noted on your hospital admission that you are neg blood type then there is nothing to freak out about.

Relax and enjoy the ride

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I mean Anti c people , it's rare!

I don’t need any information on Anti c antibodies during pregnancy as I know it exists & my obstetrician has given me plenty of information on it. I just wanted to find out the outcomes from people that have experienced the same thing during pregnancy.

Thanks

http://hospital.blood.co.uk/library/..._pregnancy.pdf
    Last edited by mumnbub1n2; 27-02-2011 at 20:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I mean Anti c people , It's rare & there are no injections for it & no this is my second pregnancy, the mix of my first babys blood during a traumatic birth & my blood is what has made my body produce the Anti c antibodies in my blood.

I don’t need any information on Anti c antibodies during pregnancy as I know it exists & my obstetrician has given me plenty of information on it.
    I just wanted to find out the outcomes from people that have experienced the same thing during pregnancy.

Thanks

http://hospital.blood.co.uk/library/..._pregnancy.pdf
    Last edited by mumnbub1n2; 27-02-2011 at 20:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know this was a while back, but I have anti c & anti d antibodies. There are 2 types of anti c, big C & little c. Do you know which one you have?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just been diagnosed with Rhesus negative on the C antigen too (little c) and would be keen to talk someone who has been through a pregnancy with this. Unlike the D antigen there is no injections you can get, so I know it is more risky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LilliBane View Post
    I have just been diagnosed with Rhesus negative on the C antigen too (little c) and would be keen to talk someone who has been through a pregnancy with this. Unlike the D antigen there is no injections you can get, so I know it is more risky.
    So you have anti c antibodies? Or is this something different??
    I have anti c antibodies it was diagnosed in my first pregnancy only by chance after I had a car accident. Iam now 14 weeks into my second pregnancy. If you are talking bout anti c antibodies im happy to tell you how my first pregnancy was affected by them and answer any Qs I won't bother going into it if you have something diff thou haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep its anti c antibodies - I had a fetomaternal haemorrhage in last pregnancy that has triggered it. 100% certainty that I will have child that I have antibodies against.
    Would love to hear how it has effected your pregnancies, as I am very anxious after losing my first. I'm seeing my OB for the first time next month so want to be armed with lots of info
    Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear you lost your first bub
    Hugs xx

Ok so this is prob going to be long!
    There are 2 types of anti c, the one I have is little anti c the other is big anti C. Little anti c is apparently more aggressive then the big C. Do you know which you have?
    My pregnancy went like this. At 20 weeks I had a bad car accident and while in hosp they found out I had anti c buy doing a full blood screen, it hadn't been picked up by my OB, I apparently got it from a blood transfusion I had 3 months before I got preg. My levels were only around 1 so wasn't a worry at that stage but I did start having blood tests every 6 weeks to keep track of the levels.
    The next blood test showed the levels were rising but were still in a "safe" range but because it was rising I had to start having BTs every 2 weeks.
    When I hit 30 weeks my levels were rising fast and so I was having blood tests every week. At around 32 weeks my levels were in the high risk so I needed to have a scan to check the blood flow to bubs brain to make sure he was getting enough blood and so wasn't amnemic, I had a few of these scans in the last 2 months of pregnancy but can't remember what week exactly.. I was told at each scan that if it looked like the blood flow wasn't high enough I would be rushed off for a emergency c -sect. He was fine but my levels were still rising.
    From bout 32 weeks I had to go to hosp every few days then around 34 weeks it was every day to have Doppler readings done. Basically you go to the maternity ward and they strap a belt with a Doppler in it to your stomache to check bubs heart beat and movements, they would leave it on up to 2 hours at a time, but they always said my lil mans reading weren't reactive so he wasn't moving enough so I always had to come back the next day for another.
    I also had really high blood pressure from 30 weeks and was on a high dose of meds which made me feel really sick so some of the last few weeks of my first pregnancy are a little bit of a blur, but I needed to be keept in hosp over night a few times so the docs could bring my BP down. All the Doppler scans where to do with the anti c's and also the high BP. At 36 + 3 weeks I went in for a Doppler scan and was told I and couldn't go home as my OB needed to see me asap so I had to wait till he was finished for the day to come see me. Was bout 7 pm at night when he finally got there and said he got my last blood test back and bubs had to be born asap and I also had pre clampsia. My cervix was too high to be induced so was told to go home pack a bag and come back at 6 am for a c - sect. I cried all the way home was such a huge shock.. I knew it was coming but yeh was still a massive shock. I was told that there was a high chance bub would need a blood transfusion and weeks of being under lights for sever jaundice. He was taken straight to the special care nursery and put under lights when he was born I only got a short cuddle. after 24 hours he was allowed to stay in my room and the docs where shocked that he had hardly any jaundice and was so healthy.
    We were kept in hosp for a week to make sure he didn't get jaundice, he didn't and we went home, he is now a gorgeous healthy 17 month old

Thanks
    Reviews
    The docs were shocked that my son was so healthy they said the last baby to be born in WA with the levels of anti c I had needed a full blood transfusion and hours an hours under lights for sever jaundice and wAs in hospital for months. So his our lil miracle boy.
    I was told not to get preg again until my levels had gone back down to 1 because bubs prob wouldnt make it past 20 weeks. Not that I wanted to get preg any time soon after all that stress!!
    I had to have blood tests every few months after pregnancy to see how fast the levels where dropping (they drop after the baby is born) as this indicates how fast they will rise again in the next pregnancy. After one year my levels where still really high. I didn't bother getting blood tests after that as my iron was so low I could t face them taking any more blood.
    I'm now almost 15 weeks preg and have been getting blood tests every 4 weeks to check my levels. They were back down to very low when I had my first blood test at 4 weeks. They are going up alot faster this time, they are now the same as they were at around 25 weeks. Apparently they usually rise alot faster with each pregnancy. Iam classed as high risk so if I was to go public I would need to go to perths high risk hosp. Instead I'm going private again with the same OB as he was fantastic the first time and knows my history so I feel safer with him. He doesn't seem too worried at the moment with my levels but said I will need lots of scans, Doppler readings and blood tests to keep a close eye on the anti c levels. The anti c levels damaged my kidneys or liver ( can't remember which) but it fixed it self a few months after birth and I felt fine anyway.
    Anti c's affect every pregnancy differently but usually they are more aggressive with each. But every person is different your levels might stay in the low range your entire pregnancy.
    My DH had to get a blood test done this time too see if he has anti cs in his blood because if he dose it means the baby can be affect more by them. We haven't found out if he has them or not yet. You should ask your OB to have your DH tested.
    I hope all this made sense I'm very sleep deprived atm!
    If you have any Qs ask away

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Winterbubs1012 For This Useful Post:

timefornumber3  (30-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you thank you,
    We do have the anti little c too, and hubby has them.
    We are moving next month to be near the hospital I will be going to, which now sounds like a very good idea with all that testing.
    I'm getting my first blood test and ultra sound in 2 weeks to check levels and viability - so fingers crossed its good and low.
    Definitely sounds like a long road. I cried when I read the part about c-section and only getting a little cuddle, I had hoped to have a natural birth and due to my past experience have real anxiety about baby being taken, but I guess that is something I will need to come to terms with if I want a living bub this time
    Im so glad everything has worked out for you and hope we keep in touch
    Thanks again