+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Where has all the sperm gone?

Hi all,

I am feeling so dejected lately...our quest for sperm is going MUCH slower than I thought it would.
    Last year my partner and I approached a man we knew and casually asked him if he would consider donating to us.He said yes! Such a beautiful and generous soul. So after only 3 cycles we fell with twins. However our beautiful babes died at 4 months. After much grieving, and soul searching we are back on the road to (hopefully) expanding our family. Our donor is not able to donate again (he's got a baby on the way), so here we go again.
    We have asked other good friends, signed up to sperm donation sites and we have placed flyers around our city!! Flyers, can you believe it?! And still nothing.

This is such a crazy rollercoaster ride.

Any thoughts or sugestions??

Family of 3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Familyof3,

I am sorry for the loss of you twins
    I don't know where you live but there is a fertility centre in Brisbane that you can access Donor Sperm. They use Donors from American as the donor laws there aren't as tight as ours. I have had a few lesbian friends go through this clinic and they have been able to do it easily without much wait at all. Even if your not from Brisbane might be worth a look into?

http://www.qfg.com.au/accessing-donor-sperm.html

Good luck

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BubbleGuppy For This Useful Post:

familyof3  (17-02-2011),Isabella55  (18-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have not heard of that before...thank you so much for your reply. It is easy to feel all alone sometimes. Warmly, Familyof3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi familyof3, if you are looking for a sperm donor check out FSDW.com it's where I connected with my donor. Yes you will need to weed out the loons (I only had a couple lol) but the lady who runs the sight Emma is very helpful.

Good luck