+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Albury / Wodonga

Hi all,

My wife and I have recently moved to the Albury / Wodonga area and are happily settling in to the quieter life after living in nearby cities.

We have a 19 month old daughter and would love to hear from other parents about places to go and things to do in the area. Also, would love to hear about any upcoming events.

Chat soon,
    Adam

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, we are an ex defence family moving to Albury in the next 3 weeks. Would love to catch up sometime and meet some families down there.
    We lived there for a while, but didnt really meet many people.
    There are lots of lovely places to visit and we are looking forward to a change in pace since residing in Brisbane for the last 4 years.

Wonder if there are a few more of us out there?

We are actually looking into schools for our children 6 and 8 years, so if you have any info that would be fantastic.

Cheers,
    Emma

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi guys,

Emma - St Anne's School North Albury is a lovely little catholic school and I can highly recommend it. It's a lovely school community and they have been very welcoming of myself and my son as we have just moved here ourselves.

Adam - there's a great park called Oddies Park along the old Hume Highway in Albury. I haven't found much else so far that's good for little ones (I have a 28month old myself) but the park there is great for all ages :-)

Welcome to the area - I love it here

Bunny

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Emma, we moved to wodonga from brissy last year. Our 10 yr old goes to bandiana and he loves it. I love that there's only 120 student at the school!

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi everyone. I've lived in this area for about 2 years. The good parks are Sumsion Gardens and Oddies Creek. There's plenty of stuff for kids to do down here. A mini railway runs one a month, we also have a few great play centers and a wild life park nearby. I have a 2 yr old DS. Interested in making some more friends down here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, thanks for the replies. Will look into the schools that you girls have commented on. The one in North Albury would be ideal as our property is there.
    Would really like to organise a catch up when we get settled, so PM me if your interested and we will arrange something.
    Cheers,
    Em xx